• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Series of questions regarding hax utilization and abilities

TheGreatJedi13

Username Only
I'll put examples

There is a concept let's assume 7D that governs all and is unbound by it (Type 1) and all things abide by this concept.
Let's say this is the Concept of Reincarnation

Now I assume being able to alter this concept to do things other than Reincarnation makes it a concept of Death would fall as Concept Manipulation
Destroying it falls under the concept of destruction
and creating this concept falls under concept creation.

But there is a common use that is always present in most fiction regarding concepts. I'll call it Utilization first.
Let's say a Being is the concept of Destruction. and he can utilize this concept to cause destruction or impose destruction because he is the concept of destruction. now this destruction can come in many forms, death, erasure, etc.
  • now the being that is the concept itself is only capable of utilizing this concept and not altering it as how I described manipulation above (Changing what the concept does)
  • the being also cannot destroy itself (without feat of being able to or without feat of being able to do so with other equivalent beings)
  • and the being cannot create itself because it is itself already (that's like saying he created himself which raises some issues and questions)

So going by definition the said Concept does not have concept manipulation but has conceptual attacks or abilities due to being a concept.

Would these conceptual attacks fall as concept manipulation? and does resisting these conceptual attacks give you resistance to concept manipulation?

I have a general idea but I want to hear answers and opinions.

TLDR :
Utilizing a concept to perform an attack (Conceptual attack). does it qualify for concept hax and resisting it qualifies for resistance to concept hax?
Knowing it doesn't fall under the 3 usage of concept manipulation

This is a specific question so I'll put as much detail as I can.
Going back to the 7D concept if a concept connected to it and can utilize its own concept to gain the benefits or impose the 7D concept into a being
(For example, let's say there is a Concept of a "Cycle of Destruction and Reincarnation". and there is a concept of "Destruction" and Concept of "Reincarnation")
Now the Cycle of Destruction and Reincarnation is a Type 1 Concept while the Concept of Destruction and Reincarnation is a Type 2 concept and since All that is destroyed will go into this Type 1 concept of Cycle of Destruction and Reincarnation.
Said "Concept of Destruction and Reincarnation" can force someone into this cycle of simply granting them his concept (Destruction) by either imposing it or enacting it towards the target (He can do it against Other Type 2 Concepts as well in this case). Thus instead of being destroyed completely, the being is then reborn by also him utilizing Reincarnation upon the destroyed. Thus he completes the Cycle. Now we know the Cycle is a Type 1 concept and 7D. Does this grant the Type 2 Being 7D hax because the moment he imposes his Concept upon a target they now fall prey under the Cycle as these 2 concepts (Cycle of Destruction and Reincarnation, and Destruction and Reincarnation) despite being different are connected or will he only gain hax based on the entities he affected in the story with said Type 2 concept?

Hard to TLDR

Power A is treated as higher dimensional power (4D) and is shown to be able to create Being A (4D being) things that can exert their powers as such
Being A is made up of Power A and exerts its other powers using Power A
Since Being A is 4D and was created by 4D powers does that make Being A other abilities also 4D as it utilizes Power A to do those abilities
Said power also works on other Being equivalent to Being A

TLDR:
Power A created Being A
Both are confirmed 4D
Being A can use other powers like B, C, D, by also using Power A as the source or energy

Is Power B C D 4D in this case?

Last edited:
Would these conceptual attacks fall as concept manipulation? and does resisting these conceptual attacks give you resistance to concept manipulation?
possibly type 3.

Power A created Being A
Both are confirmed 4D
Being A can use other powers like B, C, D, by also using Power A as the source or energy

Is Power B C D 4D in this case?
Ya

Now we know the Cycle is a Type 1 concept and 7D. Does this grant the Type 2 Being 7D hax because the moment he imposes his Concept upon a target they now fall prey under the Cycle as these 2 concepts (Cycle of Destruction and Reincarnation, and Destruction and Reincarnation) despite being different are connected or will he only gain hax based on the entities he affected in the story with said Type 2 concept?
Da hell is this.

Yes, both are 7D.

possibly type 3.
i dont' understand why Type 3?
I already stated the concept used is Type 1
how does utilizing it makes it a Type 3 concept manipulation
Da hell is this.

Yes, both are 7D.
Yes, the story literally makes a funny scenario where the Concept of Cycle of Life, Death and Rebirth different from the Concept of life and the Concept of Death and the Concept of Rebirth and Concept of destruction and the Concept of Cycle of Death and Rebirth and the Concept of Cycle of Destruction and Death. But all these are all connected that one of them can literally take advantage of the other concept.
The concept of Death took advantaged of the cycle of Death and Rebirth when she was killed beyond conventional death and by using her concept of death on herself she triggers the Cycle allowing her to rebirth as Death and Rebirth is connected. Peak Storytelling Deus Ex Machina

Last edited:
Back