• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs Xemnas (Twilight Form)

Sephiroth Advent Children Complete
The One Winged Angel

Twilight xemnas
The Superior

VS

Battle of big RPG main antagonists

For this particular fight both seem to be pretty well matched in terms of physical stats (4-B vs at least High 4-C and both are FTL+) and both have a massive amount of hax abilities.

Literally for this fight I honestly have no idea who wins this, so I'll let everyone cast their votes to see if a verdict can be reached

This is difficult for me to decide, but I'm willing to cast my vote to Xemnas thanks to his ability to steal hearts.

Would that work though? If I recall KH lore correctly, depending if the individual is strong enough, doesn't stealing someone's heart create a powerful heartless and a nobody? So couldn't stealing Sephiroth's heart actually backfire in this case?

That's if their heart falls into darkness. Stealing hearts and leaving the being a husk doesn't give them a Heartless or Nobody (As shown with Kairi in KH1 and Ventus at the end of Birth by Sleep).

Besides, I'm pretty sure we don't cross verse mechanics like that in vs. matches.

It's just extracting souls (Hearts and souls are virtually synonymous in KH), I don't see why there'd be a limitation unless the being just had no heart in the first place or something like that.

Can I ask if this is Advent Children Sephiroth? I can see Sephiroth winning if his telekinesis (you know, at the end of FFVII when he seems to push all the party when they reach the core) combined with his illusions are enough to give him the edge for a direct strike.

It's Advent Children Sephiroth, but we assume that he can use all the abilities that he has displayed in the past, Demi3, Shadow Flare, Pale Horse, Wall, Curaga, Slow, Supernova ect.

The Everlasting said:
It's just extracting souls (Hearts and souls are virtually synonymous in KH), I don't see why there'd be a limitation unless the being just had no heart in the first place or something like that.
The reason I ask is because surely he could have done the same to the likes of Sora. Or does Sora have some kind of immunity to soul manipulation, being the wielder of the Keyblade? Does soul manipulation only work on those weaker than himself or is it just PIS?

@Yojimbo

He does actually try during the final battle with his attack where he goes "Can you spare a heart?" But Riku stops him before he can succeed.

If its Advent sephiroth+all his abilities shown in FFVII Saga, I give him the edge over xemnas (Im guessing this is Twilight). Sephiroth has more variety in his hax (support, attack, defense) and I dont see xemnas stealing his heart due to his portrayal in Advent children (the whole Sephiroth's will is the greatest in FFVII and being one with the Life Stream, which means his soul is not a conventional one). Xemnas would eventually fall in a illusion (which in Kh seems like they dont have any resistance to them, but I didnt play Kh 1 in a while, so I may be mistaken if in that game there was, in the others not).

Yes, it's Twilight Xemnas.

And I can see both the points of Everlasting and PaChi2. That's what makes this fight a really hard one to decide the outcome, since both have abilities that could potentially kill the other, but there are ways that this could be resisted, at least theoretically speaking

The Everlasting said:
@Yojimbo
He does actually try during the final battle with his attack where he goes "Can you spare a heart?" But Riku stops him before he can succeed.
If "Invitation to Nothingness" does steal hearts then it might be a good idea to include that on Xemnas's profile

Edit: I notice that someone has edited Xemnas's page to take into account that fact so never mind

Back