• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both are 4-B and Speed Equalized

Victory via Death, KO, Incap, etc.

Who wins and why?

IMG 1025
IMG 1026
Sentry[[1]]: 0

Sephiroth[[2]]: 3 (Shootingkill, KinkiestSins, Gargoyle One)

Inconclusive: 0

I made it in response to Sephiroth vs Superman, seeing what a horrible stomp it is, and realising this was a more fair match.

So......

Sentry:

-Great Regen that Sephiroth's Brute Force won't bypass

-Likely better strength

-Matter Manipulation to a Sub-Atomic level

-Reality Warping

-Great Telepathy

For Sephiroth

-Death Spell bypasses his regen

-Time Stop, making it easier to apply.

-Also great regen, albeit not as good as Sentry's

-Heartless angel takes his health down to one, tho Sentry could probably regen.

This is pretty damn close, Brute strength won't get them anywhere. It's all about who's hax overcome the other.

Time Stop and death spell or just the spell alone can do it, while Matter Manipulation, Reality Warping and likely better telepathy then Sephiroth makes this tough.

Gotta go with inconclusive here, it's a who shoots first scenario.

I think I vote for Sephiroth via time manipulation, death spells, BFR, petrification, interfering with Sentry's senses, turning him into a frog and ap advantage. Sephiroth just seems to have more ways to win than Sentry here.

Who has higher ap if I may ask?

I would guess Sentry since millions exploding suns would likely be higher but unsure.

I honestly think their hax are similarish, Sephiroth might have more, but the only two things that put down sentry that matter is death manipulation and bfr.

If he has higher ap, I will go him.

If not, inconclusive via Gargoyles reasoning.

Sentry is 1 MegaFOE. Sephiroth is 3 MegaFOE.

However, this difference is so small that it doesn't matter.

TeenAngel101 said:
Sentry is 1 MegaFOE. Sephiroth is 3 MegaFOE.
However, this difference is so small that it doesn't matter.
Yeah.

I am actually tired of inconclusive votes via who hits first so I will get in depth

Sentry mental state isnt exactly the best in the world.

Supernova inflicts Silence, Confuse and Time Slow. Generally speaking, if you get hit by it. You are mind screwed, you're powers are nullified if magic based (Doubt it will work here and it wont matter) and you are slowed in time.

I honestly think even if you set aside their hax and understanding how sephiroth is (He casually kills an entire town, sliced tifa immediately and fought everyone with the intent to kill), he should take this.

I will say Sephiroth via mid diff. Supernova, Death Hax and Time Hax are all paths to victory and he already has

A. A more intent to kill compared to Sentry.

B. More stable (Which is funny because he is insane, but compared to Sentry he seems so)

Sephiroths mental states is far worse then the Sentry.

Regardless yeah, versatility and multiple OHK attacks make me switch to sephiroth.

Gargoyle One said:
Sephiroths mental states is far worse then the Sentry.
Regardless yeah, versatility and multiple OHK attacks make me switch to sephiroth.
How so? Because just looking at their profile.

"He is mentally unstable and a relapsing drug addict, prone to be manipulated by cunning individuals (like hacking CLOC to overwhelm and deceive him with false disaster information, which distressed him into inaction for hours). He becomes weaker if his mental state wavers/loses confidence, dumping him in the Negative Zone (a dimension where all matter is negatively charged) massively depowers the Sentry, but not the Void persona."

Sure, Sephiroth is crazy, but sephiroth is also cunning to an extent, and half of this seems to play out in sephiroths favor.

Sentry has outsmarted the Avengers on multiple occasions including Thor, is an incredible scientist and is considered one of the smartest people in Marvel

Mindset=/=Smarts

Gargoyle One said:
Sentry has outsmarted the Avengers on multiple occasions including Thor, is an incredible scientist and is considered one of the smartest people in Marvel

Mindset=/=Smarts
I guess? But it seems to be his character limits him more so then Sephs does.

It really doesn't, his mindset makes him merciless

Actually, does Seph have any counter to being turned into a duck at the start of the match?

Gargoyle One said:
It really doesn't, his mindset makes him merciless
Actually, does Seph have any counter to being turned into a duck at the start of the match?
He can become intangible or create a forcefield, cast reflect etc.

Gargoyle One said:
Is it in character for him?

How fast is it?
One of the first moves he starts off with in battle is Wall I believe. So at least in game, he never deviates from his pattern. Cutscenes are iffy tho. And no clue, probably doesnt matter speed wise since speed is equalized.

Speed Equalization doesn't affect the movements or actions it takes to activate something tho.

Well if thats the case, Idk. Could have sworn it did. Unless Sentry can use instanty which at that point I doubt it would matter since he has many ways to either reflect it or counter with magick of his own. Time stop goes pretty far. Reflect goes pretty far, he can become intangible, etc. He has ways to deal with it.

How are those useful?

Matter Manipulation basically transmutes you.

Also, Sephiroths Type 8 is from Jenova cells, don't see how that's helpful

Gargoyle One said:
How are those useful?

Matter Manipulation basically transmutes you.

Also, Sephiroths Type 8 is from Jenova cells, don't see how that's helpful
Its from geostigma, which as long as it is exists, he will come back.

Shootingkill said:
Does Sentry start off with matter manipulation at the beginning?
Even then I doubt it would matter If it comes to down to reaction time, which is the same thing as a thought, everything should be equalized unless I am missing something here. Okay, he opens with matter manip, same chance of him using time stop. Sephiroth have at least three ways to handle Sentry. BFR/Supernova, Death Manipulation and Time Stop. Sentry has one and only one.

<Only One

<Sentry can Reality Warp

Lol.

Also, Dimensional BFR is worthless due to inter dimensional travel. And Death takes time to cast, and his other abilities he doesn't lead with.

Back