• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scythes are signs of deaths, so why not throw two in the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed equalized and Qrow smashes on him.

Except he can't because Gordeau has Type 5 Immortality and if Gordeau uses Soul Manipulation, it's over.

I see. Nvm then. Although that changes nothing here. Ironically Ruby brings up Qrow in her Cross Tag victory quote with Gordeau.

Well, considering how Aura is the projection of the soul and the mai ndefense of humans in RWBY, i'd say that it's suceptible to getting ripped apart by Gordeau.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I see. Nvm then. Although that changes nothing here. Ironically Ruby brings up Qrow in her Cross Tag victory quote with Gordeau.
I thought of this match up not only because of the "Grim Reaper" design with Gordeau, and the fact that Qrow turns into a crow, but because Gordeau is a bartender and Qrow is a known drunk.

Well now it is who hits who first. Eiyher Gordeau rips out Qrow's soul or Qrow obe shots Gordeau.

Does Gordeau's scythe ignore forcefields or something? If not he has to get through Qrow's aura first

Alright Weekly, gonna have ta stop ya right there. Considering Aura is made from their soul, I think powerful soul manipulaters would tear through it.

Since I assume I can still debate but not vote, Gordeau has a long ranged special where he uses his claws to attack, and the attack hits the soul. @SirLancelot

>Aura is a necessary energy source

So Aura powers whatever that "forcefield" is. That still doesn't explain what there defending with. And don't just say energy again because energy is not a physical thing. You can't block with energy.

Using common sense like that unless it goes in line with the inner logic of the series in question is not worth much, that said...

>Manifestation of the soul

Without nothing much else to go off, it sounds more like a byproduct that I'd argue can be affected by soul manipulation.

Although, if we decided to say it wasn't, are you saying Qrow is denying his Soul Manipulation as he couldn't penetrate past it to affect Qrow's soul?

Aura is not their soul otherwise every character would have soul manipulation resistance due to constantly taking damage to their souls and having them destroyed entirely when their aura is destroyed

>You cant block with energy

Forcefield Creation

Being affected or not by physical force does not discredit it being possibly affected by Soul Manipulation, since the nature of souls varies by media.

And again, is Gordeau gonna need to rip at it physically then? He reaches his claws out and Aura protects Qrow's soul?

It kinda does considering if Aura were literally their soul that would mean that RWBY characters can shrug off having their souls damaged and destroyed with no ill effects and can then regenerate it. This was discussed in detail in the Ruby vs Sans thread. Aura is not their literal soul, its just something created by their soul.

Unless Gordeau can bypass a forcefield with his soul manip yes, he has to physically break Qrow's aura before he can soul manip him.

Does Qrow always start with a forcefield though? How does it work? What does it look like? Unless the forcefield is passive, Gordeau can easily just use Snatcher and rip his soul. Otgerwise Gordeau'only chance in this fight is rendered moot as he can't deal with someone with a passive barrier, especially when said person already dwarfs him in everything else.

Gordeau's soul manip requires him to make contact with his opponent, which he cant do if he cant bypass a forcefield surrounding their entire body

Yes but it's not literally made of their soul otherwise every rwby character can Shrug off having their soul damaged and destroyed and can regenerate their soul

Weekly. Assimilation is a long ranged attack that, by description, rips out the opponent's soul. "He needs to get past a force field" is a lie. RWBY characters can touch each other just fine; I doubt that Gordeau wouldn't have to literally destroy a forcefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back