• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vastatosaurus Rex vs Sharptooth (Original) [7-0-0]

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
These two monstrous Tyrannosaurids are gonna throw down in this Dynamite Dino-Fight. Speed is Equalized and the fight takes place on Skull Island from Legendary's Monsterverse so as to not make it unfair on either side with both opponents starting about about half a mile away from each other with them only knowing which direction their starting points are.

Vastatosaurus Rex : 7

Sharptooth (Original) :

Incon :

Last edited:
Both are similarly vicious (and awesome)... Sharptooth has higher LS and is more agile, though the V. rex is debatably smarter (if only slightly) and is bigger thus granting him more range, at 21 m compared to the Sharptooth who only stands 7-8 m tall.

V. rex scales to 0.014 tonnes and Sharptooth to 0.015 so they're almost on the same level with Sharptooth having a VERY slight advantage.

It's hard to say, honestly.

Both are similarly vicious (and awesome)... Sharptooth has higher LS and is more agile, though the V. rex is debatably smarter (if only slightly) and is bigger thus granting him more range, at 21 m compared to the Sharptooth who only stands 7-8 m tall.

V. rex scales to 0.014 tonnes and Sharptooth to 0.015 so they're almost on the same level with Sharptooth having a VERY slight advantage.

It's hard to say, honestly.
I think the Vastatosaurus is a lot more combat savvy given their showings against Kong and are a lot better at reading an opponent's intentions as shown by the final one against Kong as it figured out pretty quickly what he was trying to do. Even despite King Kong's noticeable skill advantage against the Vastatosaurs he wasn't able to no-hit run that fight as they landed numerous bites and grapple attempts on him that he couldn't avoid, having to outmuscle them instead so if the Vastatosaurus gets the jump on the Sharptooth with its Stealth Mastery then it could land a pretty serious wound on the smaller Tyrannosaurid.

That's fair. Combat savviness does make me want to give it to the V. rex, but Sharptooth could potentially outwrestle and pin down the V. rex with superior lifting strength. Something I forgot to mention is that Sharptooth does make use of his hands and claws, using them to claw and grab onto Littlefoot's mom's back, scratching his own face and snout and shoving Littlefoot's mom aside. An extra advantage that could potentially help against Sharptooth's stealthier opponent.

Regardless of winner, victory will definitely be achieved with high difficulty... We aren't allowed to say "draw" here are we? xD

That's fair. Combat savviness does make me want to give it to the V. rex, but Sharptooth could potentially outwrestle and pin down the V. rex with superior lifting strength. Something I forgot to mention is that Sharptooth does make use of his hands and claws, using them to claw and grab onto Littlefoot's mom's back, scratching his own face and snout and shoving Littlefoot's mom aside. An extra advantage that could potentially help against Sharptooth's stealthier opponent.

Regardless of winner, victory will definitely be achieved with high difficulty... We aren't allowed to say "draw" here are we? xD
We could, though I feel like it depends on how quickly the fight goes on. The quicker it ends means the Sharptooth has probably pinned the V. Rex down to quick for it to get a read on its opponent, but if the V. Rex can keep the momentum going in its favor then it will slowly adapt to Sharptooth's fighting style better than Sharptooth will to its own since he's blinded by rage and sadism all the time. This is also ignoring the fact that T. Rex, which V. Rex is evolved from and superior in every way to, is well known for getting into successful fights with even members of its own species meaning that it was common enough for the V. Rex to more than likely have experience fighting other V. Rexes and therefore knows how to deal with enemy Theropods of similar size.

Sharptooth has higher LS and is more agile, though the V. rex is debatably smarter (if only slightly) and is bigger thus granting him more range, at 21 m compared to the Sharptooth who only stands 7-8 m tall.
Wait, 21 meters? It says on the V-Rex and Kong's profile that their Large Size is Type 0 which is 13-14 meters at the largest. A quick Google search tells me that they're 7-8 meters as well, making them comparable in size to Sharptooth.

Last edited:
Wait, 21 meters? It says on the V-Rex and Kong's profile that their Large Size is Type 0 which is 13-14 meters at the largest. A quick Google search tells me that they're 7-8 meters as well, making them comparable in size to Sharptooth.

Type 0 is 13-14 m tall.

If you'll look at the calcs and measurements for the V. rex's size, you'll see that what I meant, of course, is that it's 21 m long.

Type 0 is 13-14 m tall.

If you'll look at the calcs and measurements for the V. rex's size, you'll see that what I meant, of course, is that it's 21 m long.
Oh, I get it now.
So from what I can see, neither of them are sneaking up on the other thanks to Enhanced Senses (I don't know, maybe the V-Rex can pull it off? What do you think is more impressive? Being able to detect a smaller prey that is hiding from you or being able to ambush a smaller prey despite the size difference making it easier for said prey to spot you?)

I find the Sharptooth's feat more impressive honestly (the V. rex didn't seem to move from one spot to being next to Ann, Ann just came to its location and she wasn't on the best mental state to notice the V. rex or even try, while Ducky was on high alert trying to sneak up and lure the Sharptooth and then the Sharptooth vanishes into the shadows and jumps right behind her) but I don't see either using stealth against the other once they've started a vicious slugfest, unless they are able to use the environment to their advantage (and even then, their senses of smell kinda negate that).

After some consideration, I'm voting the V-Rex for larger size which equals longer reach with its hands and mouth, higher intelligence, and because Sharptooth is hindered in combat due to lacking an eye and the ability to swim (There is a lot of water on Skull Island, though I don't think it means much).

Back