• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scuba Diver from Space vs Shark

Ryley Robinson had just returned to earth after his adventure on planet 4546B. To Celebrate, he built a brand new seamoth and took it into the ocean. However, while in the ocean, he comes across a great white shark.

Both 9-B

Ryley only gets his seamoth and heated blade

Ryley’s seamoth does not have any torpedoes or upgrades.

Speed unequal

They start 30 meters away

Who wins?

Riley Robertson (Subnautica) : 0

Great white shark (Real World) : 0

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Interesting match up, Ryley at this time does have many stats advantage over the shark, the shark's abilities are much better compared to Ryley's current abilities here.

The shark is going to use his usual tactics of biting from below, & then returning to the depths, IDK about Ryley since he's player controlled in his game but his only current method of attacking in his seamoth is ramming. Ryley can always duck back in the seamoth for cover & actually slice the shark due to his knife & reaction speed. I'll type more stuff later since it's late from where I live.

I mean, Ryley's seamoth has higher durability & Ryley has better durability feats & exp. The creatures in Subnautica can be far higher & more haxxed than even the Blue Whale or other haxxed real world animals, Ryley can endure long periods of heat as seen in Subnautica speedruns & crabfish. The Geat White Shark’s durability feats are from 9-C piercing weapons. They only aim for weakened whales, I'm not sure if it could take down a Blue Whale, it would take a long time to bleed something 9-A, & it’s dealing with a one person sub here.

Ryley could just face the Seamoth down to react to the Shark as it attacks & could follow & ram the shark. Ryley could also stay near the surface & he has experience with Leviathans in waters with limited visibility, though he usually his equipment. How deep does the shark dive? I presume in the dark, I mean Ryley's smart, he would do the latter.

Currently, this is more a battle of attrition, though Ryley's more likely to win. Ryley FRA, though the shark is faster it would be exhausted from the durability it would have to deal with. Does the shark know how to conserve its energy?

Back