• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP: Why are we allowing a fan character on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
I've thought this over a lot, and I really don't like how we're allowing for The Player (SCP Containment Breach) to be on this site. It's fairly obvious that Containment Breech is a fan game. I mean, it's pretty clear on their site, too:

"SCP - Containment Breach is a free survival horror game based o the works of the SCP Foundation community."

Containment Breech characters should be on the FC/OC battles wiki. The game isn't a part of the main SCP site, and if we allow for characters like this to stay on the wiki, I don't know why we even have the FC/OC battles wiki, and I'd gladly add characters from Confinement on the site.

Adding to this, we've recently re-done the Scaling and Canon Rules for the SCP Foundatio. Containment Breech falls neither within Original or Extended Canon, as both are pretty clear in that it is localized on the SCP website itself.

My proposal? Move The Player's profile to the FC/OC Battles wiki.

This makes sense to me. It's not something that's officially greenlit by the SCPwiki's admins as far as I'm aware, and seems to simply be the most popular fangame.

Also, quote from the Canon rules:

"It functions similarly to a Composite profile, however they still follow more general narrative trends on the website, and are thus subject to scrutiny such as PIS and Outliers. Also included in this is collaborative testing logs, which are put together by the various members of the website."

TFW your revision thread is so strong it's on the Versus Threads board.

For real though, I was under the impression it was okay'd by them, since the maker of SCP-173 is super uptight about who uses his statue as reference material?

Mr. Bambu said:
TFW your revision thread is so strong it's on the Versus Threads board.
For real though, I was under the impression it was okay'd by them, since the maker of SCP-173 is super uptight about who uses his statue as reference material?
Fixed.

Uh, no? The creator of 173's image being uptight about copyright has nothing to do with an analysis on canonicty. Our perspective of the SCP canon has already been defined, and it specifically mentions "on the website".

I wasn't considering our website's idea of canon, just that which is accepted by SCP. Which I guess is lose as is.

I have no problem with removing it, just saying that it very well might have been greenlit by the SCP head honchos.

The SCP head honchos have consistently rejected defining what is and isn't the SCP Canon themselves. They couldn't and wouldn't "accept" something into the canon because they claimed that they have no say over it.

Ergo, the VSBW site has defined what we consider to be the SCP Canon, which an Original File Canon only for SCPs/Canons on the site, and an Extended Canon that encompasses all tales and SCPs on the site.

If we start accepting stuff that doesn't originate from the website itself, we're practically allowing for fan characters.

Okay. Like I said, this doesn't really bother me at all. You're talking to a guy whose last honest interaction with SCP aside from brief reading/YouTube stuff was about three years ago.

That's fine. The situation regarding the Foundation is very complex and constantly changing on the VSBW site; I'm hardly keeping up with it myself with the new 1-A debates.

Bump.

It seems that many people agree that it should be moved. Is there any opposed?

Thanks.

It was six hours later, and I haven't gotten anything but a positive response thus far.

That put, Weekly hasn't commented yet, so I'll wait for that.

Not only that, but his reasoning for High 2-A is very debatable.

Anyways, not derailing, I agree.

Yeah the High 2-A was meant to be removed and was approved, but no-one made the change.

I was going to ask for an unlock, but this thread came up.

Bump.

I've told Weekly about this thread like three seperate times this week, lol

Well, since there's been no objections, let's move it?

Yeah, I don't see why we shouldn't. I hardly believe Weekly hasn't seen this, as I've mentioned it on threads he even replied to seperately.

Where did all these "Spiral Gestalt" powers even come from in the first place? I recall no lore like this ever being revealed in the game at all.

So, should I delete the profile in question?

Who's going to move it to FC/OC?

Cropfist said:
Where did all these "Spiral Gestalt" powers even come from in the first place? I recall no lore like this ever being revealed in the game at all.
All of it is lore in the game actually

The funny thing is that this profile (D-9341) was originally put on the FC/OC by me, But moved to this wiki.

Does this mean Anthony gets his win back?

If it's a fan game that isn't canon to the actual SCP, then yeah, I don't think it fits our standards for being here.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back