• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Foundation hires Medaka to do a very messy job

Medaka can brainwash herself out of mind manipulation. Why else do you think I haven't put her against Mewtwo yet? ovo

Gah! We need to stop using Medaka and start using Kumagawa more. Does it matter that she's doing through bio-electricity manipulation?

Ignoring 1-B immortality for a minute, how will Medaka do against assimilation?

Can't 682 incap through diseases?

Nihilus's is different, in that she can't override his control over her. Here it's more like memory manip, where she should be able to undo that since it's not something that just assumes control.

She wouldn't be able to do undo memory manip if she can't remember that she can undo memory manip.

Stomp in 682's favor via 1-B immortality and 682 being able to incap.

Actually apparently Medaka's thing is just that her body can continue to function intact mind or not, though I think it was related to electric signals? Idk.

I mean, I'm only 100 chapters in so maybe there's a mind manip feat later that I'm missing, but the one earlier where she reverses the brainwashing is because she's still aware of all of her own powers, but her personality had been changed to have different goals from life. She realized this and brainwashed herself back to her original personality.

So this wouldn't work if she just forgets everything or forgets all her powers.

Yeah mind manip gets nulled, also encounter pushes away mental attacks, so no.

Also Bookmaker doesn't work cus? I mean does 682 resist type 2 seal?

Firephoenixearl said:
Yeah mind manip gets nulled, also encounter pushes away mental attacks, so no.

Also Bookmaker doesn't work cus? I mean does 682 resist type 2 seal?
Forgetting something isn't brain damage, it's something that happens to people all the time. Encounter pushes away all mental damage, but for it to be pushed away it has to be damage.

Bookmaker doesn't work because higher dimensional immortality, and immortality provided by a separate 1-B.

Agnaa said:
Forgetting something isn't brain damage, it's something that happens to people all the time. Encounter pushes away all mental damage, but for it to be pushed away it has to be damage.

Bookmaker doesn't work because higher dimensional immortality, and immortality provided by a separate 1-B.
Encounter is not limited to dmg. Anything considered negative, even emotions will be pushed elsewhere, attacking someone's mind to erase their memory sounds pretty negative to me. So now you have Encounter + Weighted Words to take care of.

Bookmaker doesn't care about higher dimensional immortality. It doesn't kill, it just makes someone useless. Also 682 doesn't resist statistics reduction, which means 1 bookmaker is a done deal for Medaka. Medaka gets bookmaker on, and his stats drop to like 8-A or sth, and the shock alone gives him trauma or whatever they called it in verse which causes someone to go unconscious.

Yes but encounter only automatically pushes away damage. It doesn't automatically push away every emotion ever, or else how could Kumagawa make Gagamaru infuriated? Gagamaru pushed away traumatic events throughout his life by recognizing them as traumatic and pushing them onto others. Medaka wouldn't be protected against a sudden mind-wipe, she'd need to recognize it as a threat and push it away, which she can't do if she's mind wiped, due to not even knowing she has that skill.

For Encounter to automatically push it away, Medaka would need to recognize forgetting things to suddenly be a bad thing and push that away, because passively she wouldn't be protecting herself from forgetting things, unless you think no wielder of encounter has ever forgotten anything ever which seems unjustified.

Being useless doesn't make it an incap. You can turn someone into a 10-C frog but you still need to kill or incap that frog to win. 682 has a 196,884 dimensional consciousness and has been turned into a housecat with no powers before, recovering 2 hours later. I seriously doubt that bookmaker will turn it unconscious for 24 hours.

Yes but you also need to remember that Gagamaru was the only rational member of the minus 13 class. Emotions were just an example, the point was that anything considered negative gets pushed away. I have no idea how Kumagawa made him angry, but it surely is not possible as Gagamaru is normally (a passive state for him in verse) impervious to emotional stuff. Even as a kid when he didn't have enough control over his power, he was still emotionless. If it can push away emotions which are really subjective on the "being bad" part you think a mind attack will not be pushed away? Memory Manip is still a mind attack, and Encounter has specifically been stated to push away all mental assaults elsewhere.

Well "recovering 2 hours later". Hmm you have not yet read the full medaka box manga yet but here is something Kumagawa stated after bookmakering a girl:

"Bookmaker, a seal that took even Ajimu Najimi 3 years to take off, it is pretty weak now so you might be able to remove it after 30 years, good luck"

A weakened Bookmaker will take about 30 years to remove and we'r talking about a 120% power bookmaker here. So yeah he ain't taking it off.

Reread chapter 86 and 87. When he was a child he felt things than actively pushed them away.

Of course, he had doubts about this sort of life for himself. Feelings of guilt for sacrificing strangers, but, he pushed away those feelings somewhere as well, and immediately forgot about them.
He felt the negative emotions them pushed them away later. Medaka would feel the mind wipe, then forget that she has the ability to push it away.

I haven't seen that chapter, but the thing 682 recovered from was meant to be permanent, him leaving what should have been permanent with all his powers locked away was done impossibly through his own strength, not due to the weakness of the seal.

If ordinary people can still get out of Bookmaker in 30 years then 682 shouldn't break a sweat. And even if 682 can't, 682 still wouldn't be incapped for 24 hours, as it seems like multiple people throughout the series recover from the shock in less than 24 hours, and 682 itself has a higher dimensional consciousness that should be immune to the lower-dimensional bookmaker.

There is still the mind rewrite. And remember Medaka didn't even have Weighted Words when that was done (didn't have the rewrite part), and she copied it while being in a brain wash and even used it then. 682 would have to erase every part of her memory in order to make her forget all of her abilities, there is also the fact that The End passively copies everything. The End used brain rewrite to counter brain rewrite, it will be able to do the same with Memory Manip. Even if it erased her memory of every power it won't be able to erase her memory of the recently used Memory Manip.

Time lap doesn't matter, might aswell call "the prince turning into a frog" > Bookmaker cus it is permanent. It's the potency that matters. And bookmaker was able to affect Ajimu and you know how strong she is. There is also the fact that making someone 10-C IS incap. Medaka turning him into a 10-C is incap as 682 is unable to even bother Medaka while Medaka can just throw him into space or sth.

Medaka can only mind rewrite if she's aware of her abilities.

682 wouldn't have to erase every part of her memory, 682 would just need to make Medaka incapable of recognizing the concept of "ability/supernatural/power/skill". 682's memory wipe can make people incapable of learning that concept later on, so a total mindwipe isn't needed to stop Medaka from remembering her abilities again.

The End passively copies everything that she witnesses or hears about; she wouldn't witness it until it affects her. And even if she could copy it with The End, 682's mind manip can't add memories, it can only make people forget concepts.

I was only comparing that sealing's timeframe to Bookmaker because you brought up the timeframe. The potency should also be higher, since 682 was reduced to a powerless 10-C ordinary housecat, while Bookmaker reduces someone to the 8-A Kumagawa. I don't see why someone who broke out of permanent 10-C powerless sealing should have trouble with 30-year long 8-A sealing. Also, Ajimu is a bad example, because she wanted herself to be held.

I don't think turning someone 10-C should count as incap, they're just weakened, they can still attack, but perhaps that's better hashed out in its own thread.

Yeah the end passively copies anything. Medaka gets haxxed, The End copies, now Medaka knows about a skill that haxes Memory. And "can't add memories" is a pretty mute point as Medaka perfects anything she copies. There is no room for "unperfection" once The End copies it:

Scar Dead and Encounter: Cannot be turned off...Medaka can.

Bookmaker: Alone it makes someone = to you resulting in a draw....Medaka makes someone weaker than you.

Oudo couldn't use his skills on himself no matter how much he tried, it just wasn't possible, yet Medaka can.

682 can't add memories, the end copies it and gets rid of that flaw. There is a reason why The End is broken.

Tier also doesn't matter. A 1-A seal that leaves you at your current level isn't < a 3D seal that drops you to 10-C. Bookmaker is potency wise the 3r strongst skill in verse only to be outdone by The End who could copy it and Shiranui who stated that she can change anything. That puts it above the likes of All Fiction and even Ajimu's skills. Bookmaker can stop something that can just create universes and erase them, how strong is the "cat transformation"?

Inb4 someone makes Ajuka vs 682 xD

We have no way of knowing how The End would "perfect" 682's memory wipe, so we cannot apply that logic. We don't know how 682's adaptation would work for certain things, so we don't apply it in those unknown situations and say it would work. "She improves other skills so she'll copy this skill she's never copied it before and improve it in a way we've never seen before" seems like NLF.

You have a point in that tier doesn't matter but there's still the points of:

• It's temporary, while 682 escaped from a similar but permanent skill in 2 hours.
  • Even if it shuts down the mind in shock, 682 has a 196,884-dimensional consciousness that shouldn't be affected by that shock in a meaningful way. And even if it is, characters in Medaka Box have come out of that shock in shorter periods of time than a day, so it won't incap.

Medaka forgets that she ever had powers in the first place to the point that it can never be learned again.

1-A seal has a higher potency then Nedaka's hax can ever reach. Kharn's power null is considered better then Culexus because of this even if the Culexus's power null affects people more (power nulling litterally everything but on a 1-B scale < Kharn nullifying what Khorne considers unfair but on a High 1-B scale.) 6822 ain't getting affected by something way lower in potency then what he shrugged off.

Firephoenixearl said:
He shrugged off a more potent seal? What tier was the seal exactly?
I thought you too were arguing that the seal 6822 resisted was 1-A. Never mind what I said. Still, Agnaa's argument counters yours.

Back