• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before, I think this is best suited for its own revision thread.

It's a pretty big topic, and as it involves upgrading numerous SCPs, it deserves getting a lot of eyes on it and being the sole focus of a thread.

EDIT: Also 3812 can't get downgraded to 2-A, he's superior to an unknown being whose remnants became 239, a 1-B.

Agnaa said:
Like I said before, I think this is best suited for its own revision thread.
It's a pretty big topic, and as it involves upgrading numerous SCPs, it deserves getting a lot of eyes on it and being the sole focus of a thread.

EDIT: Also 3812 can't get downgraded to 2-A, he's superior to an unknown being whose remnants became 239, a 1-B.
one sec (STOP ME I DARE YOU)

Thread's up here for anyone interested.

I mean...

We know each Narrative has its own Alaggada which is basically where all the countless higher and lower spatiotemporal dimensions intersect on one level of reality.

The Narratives in this proposal are clearly different from the Narratives mentioned in 3812 and seem to be referring to singular 4-D space-time continua.

What is the main issue with regards to using 3125 that makes finding matches hard? I know of a few high 2As, but i'd need to know what the preliminary requirements for a fair match with 3125 would be.

3125 has really powerfull passive mind mainipulation and it exist as an idea that already has massive resistances to being harmed by other ideas and concepts.

Phoenix821 said:
3125 has really powerfull passive mind mainipulation and it exist as an idea that already has massive resistances to being harmed by other ideas and concepts.
Thats and it's resistance negation to mind/memeory manipulation

Cain Fastus said:
By the way how much powerful is his passive manipulation? And how would his concept manipulation will work
Passively erases their mind, possesses them, and erases all knowledge of their existence from everyone else. It can do this to beings that already have resistance to mind/memory manip.

3125's conceptual manipulation is only possibly, from it surviving in an ecology of ideas more hostile and powerful than those imaginable by humanity. So I'm not quite sure how it would actually work. My bad, I didn't realize there was a "resistance to" before that "conceptual manipulation".

Also, Foundation's tech as a whole isn't actually that good. They generally have an aversion to using anomalies and anomalous tech in containment. Their good tech would come in exceptions to this (possession of telekill, creation of scranton reality anchors, resurrection hub, anti-memetics hub).

I'd expect the GoC to have more insane tech.

3125 doesn't have concept manip, just really high level mind manip that is so powerful it comes off as concept manip.

It heavily resists concept manip, however.

Dargoo Faust said:
3125 doesn't have concept manip, just really high level mind manip that is so powerful it comes off as concept manip.
Does not mean the he have it in oreder to resist it or not,also how is that his mind manipulationnis so pwerful that its come ofv as concept maip

Cain Fastus said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Does not mean the he have it in oreder to resist it or not,also how is that his mind manipulationnis so pwerful that its come ofv as concept maip
"At this point, "humanity" as an abstract concept, along with all attendant abstracts such as "civilization", "culture", "society", "community" and "family" will have ceased to exist."

It comes off really easily as Concept Manip, but it's only really altering the Noosphere to such a degree that it appears as if these concepts have changed. That and they're only changing because the human view of them would be annihilated.

It resists concept manip here:

"SCP-3125 is adapted for survival in an ideatic ecology considerably more violent and hostile than our own. (Here, "our own" refers to human head space: the set of all ideas which humans have or are biologically capable of having.) "

Concepts that are not abstract or universal, such as those outlined in Idealism and Nominalism, do not qualify for conceptual manipulation of any kind. For a character to qualify for conceptual manipulation the character must be able to manipulate abstract and universal concepts.

I really want to find one, but I think there would only be stomps.

is 3125 one of those characters who's way above baseline? Because if its not I can't think of anyone it doesn't stomp or get stomped by. If it is, depending on the degree I may be able to think of someone. I'm assuming all its really high end showings were against other 5Ds or better?

Wokistan said:
is 3125 one of those characters who's way above baseline? Because if its not I can't think of anyone it doesn't stomp or get stomped by. If it is, depending on the degree I may be able to think of someone. I'm assuming all its really high end showings were against other 5Ds or better?
not only is 3125 INSANELY haxed for a high 2-A (it may even have a higher baseline, based on it's page), but seems to be especially effective against human concepts and minds (th conecpt part since it affects the noosphere to the point that it changes how human percieve or use certain concepts, like "civilization")

Well, normal humans don't really perceive 5D concepts. That's kinda vague.

Its cannons, reactors, generators, armor, and power were infinite, in the truest sense of the word ... an assembly of endlessly destructive engines was the form of a human woman.

I'm satisfied with Likely High 3-A with all of those other attributes.

Dargoo Faust said:
Its cannons, reactors, generators, armor, and power were infinite, in the truest sense of the word ... an assembly of endlessly destructive engines was the form of a human woman.
I'm satisfied with Likely High 3-A with all of those other attributes.
seems fine

Wokistan said:
Well, its true number of dimensions is equal to SCP-033. Its dimensionality is equal to a whole number between 5 and 6 which isn't accounted for in conventional mathematics. So in a way it's infinitely above everything in High 2-A and infinitely below everything in Low 1-C.

However, we could also take it as simply being 5-dimensional. In which case it's baseline, but incredibly haxxed. Humans don't really perceive 5-dimensional concepts, it changes how humans perceive or use certain concepts, such as "civilization".

It got discovered by researchers investigating patterns in antimemes over the globe, eventually giving them enough knowledge about 3125 for it to identify them, and then to erase them and anyone who thinks like them from the sphere of human thoughts and ideas.

Agnaa said:
Wokistan said:
Well, its true number of dimensions is equal to SCP-033. Its dimensionality is equal to a whole number between 5 and 6 which isn't accounted for in conventional mathematics. So in a way it's infinitely above everything in High 2-A and infinitely below everything in Low 1-C.
However, we could also take it as simply being 5-dimensional. In which case it's baseline, but incredibly haxxed. Humans don't really perceive 5-dimensional concepts, it changes how humans perceive or use certain concepts, such as "civilization".

It got discovered by researchers investigating patterns in antimemes over the globe, eventually giving them enough knowledge about 3125 for it to identify them, and then to erase them and anyone who thinks like them from the sphere of human thoughts and ideas.
Hold it just there a minute. Where did you get 5 and 6?

@Dargoo Faust One of the antimemetics hub pages. They were reading 033's document and the numbers 5 and 6 weren't redacted. I'll go look for the page again.

Agnaa said:
@Dargoo Faust One of the antimemetics hub pages. They were reading 033's document and the numbers 5 and 6 weren't redacted. I'll go look for the page again.
Oh, shoot then. I'd actually make a revision thread for that, as that's technically a Tier upgrade.

It should actually just be Tier 1-C, as if it's a "Skipped" number than it would be the numerical equivalent of 6 within the "real" mathematics.

The relevant page is here. Right at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back