• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-682 vs The Avatar of Calamity

Unless I'm missing something, the avatar doesn't really have anything that can put 682 down permanently

I mean. It has very good drain (2-A). Although from what I now 682 can come back from AoC's BFR.

Then again i dont know really anything about the avatar so im waiting for someone to explain whatvit can do

Also @Zach

The AoC may be unable to kill 682, but you can bet that the opposite is true as well when it's so ridiculously outclassed in terms of actual combat abilities. Only thing that it could try is the black hole thing and this won't work because the AoC definitely won't let 682 near itself.

Though seriously, how is 682's resistance to power drain?

Gar, AoC doesn't have 4-A key. What are you talking about?

Also, drains works on Madoka, who I might add, is an abstract existence with mid-godly regen and doesn't have a soul like 682.

Also, are you sure BFR won't work? cause even tho he can escape it, it took him few years to do that. And victory reached through BFR requires only a week.

It varies between Low 5B to 2A

Since you're (Apparently) Allowed to switch the tier between that (Credit to Cal), I set it to 4A.

Redundant thread is redundant. Though, I am partially at fault for bringing the topic up in another thread.

I wanna ask how power drain works. Like, do they get drained out of existence or are they still there but reduced to like a 9-C or something? Because even if 682 can't attack, it sure as hell ain't dying since it got reduced to quarks and was still unable to be destroyed.

To add to that, BFR ain't working because the lizard was sent to a place that was impossible for it to come back from and still came back. It may have took years, but mind you the Ravelwoods was a higher dimensional place that was made to be impossible for 682 to escape from. Impossible.

Don't see how it's redundant

You drain the power of the person you're draining, simple.

@Sir Who said anything about destroying it? Drain is drain. It works on a 2-A soulless, abstract existence who also has mid-godly, type 9 immortality (somethings the lizard doesn't have) and non-corporal just like 682.

Also, AoC only needs to BFR it for a week.

But what is the end result of that drain? Like, will 682 still be there? Or is it erased from existence?

Unite My Rice said:
682 adapts and eats
How is it gonna adapt when everything about it has been absorbed? Has it ever adapt from something that works on 2-A? AoC absorbtion is too much for a 2-A with mid-godly regen. I don't see the lizard adapt that. That sounds like NLF.

Also again, BFR would works too.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
How is it gonna adapt when everything about it has been absorbed? Has it ever adapt from something that works on 2-A? AoC absorbtion is too much for a 2-A with mid-godly regen. I don't see the lizard adapt that. That sounds like NLF.

Also again, BFR would works too.
I remember reading one of the stories where it regenerated from being eaten or something like that.

@UMR Fun fact is, AoC absorbtion doesn't even harm the victim body. The victim body would be like an empty shell after the absorbtion done. AoC can just dumped the lizard corpse to nonexistence timeline and it will never get out from there since it just, again, an empty shell.

Lizard corpse does not exist in it's dictionary. It Can't 'die' in a normal sense.

The absorbtion works on Mid-Godly. How would a Low-Godly shrugs that off? And it didn't died, it got absorbed.

Edit: Also, its reactive evolution and adaptation caps at 4-A. Don't see how the lizard can adapt to 2-A drain/absorbtion

It doesn't 'cap' at 4-A. Its just that the upper limits of 682 are pretty much unknown after that point. Take 999's extermination log for example.

Yes, I saw the potentially higher part. But even its 3-D highest key is low 2-C via death...and that is still nowhere near 2-A. You can't just assume it will adept to anything it faced just because of the character has "potentially higher" listed in its profile.

I mean even if we assume that it can adapt back, the AoC simply keeps draining until it hits tier 2, at which point it simply destroys 682 alongside the multiverse

Btw, voting the AoC until someone shows a feat of 682 noping an absorption of that calibre. Plus according to Homu coming back from BFR takes too long so that's viable too.

Just want to add something, what stopping AoC from creating an army of 682 with each of them are superior to the original?

Also, who votes for 682?

>682 adapts to a power 3 degrees of infinity above himself

>Implying that the AoC just stands still while 682 eats it

>Ignoring the fact that even if he manages to do it, AoC body hops into a Wraith via type 6

682 also has power absorption. Also, 682's main "existence" isn't even in the body, its on a weird place where Space-Time works on weird ways. (Yeah, he HAS Type 9 immortality.)

Just saying, not voting.

682's absorption is nowhere near the level of the AoC tho. And Madoka is non-corporeal (literal first thing that happened when she became 2-A was that she was erased), her m-bodies chill outside timelines, with her true self being a purely conceptual entity existing in a higher plane of existence beyond the multiverse. She was still drained.

Back