• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scp-060 (SCP Foundation) Vs Composite Tree (The Real World)

So you're putting a tree with all of its supernatural powers restricted against the strongest tree in existence? Pretty redundant.

Legit though. This is the same as putting a random human against Composite Human. Even if not a stomp, it's really redundant.

The two trees stand in New York City.

Some time in the future, lightning strikes and happens to hit SCP-060, igniting it and causing the release of SCP-060-Alpha, which proceeds to go on a rampage burning down Composite Tree.

Now the question is; is there any tree on Earth that can survive (whether through seed dispersal, or simply not being burned down) at temperatures of 1500 degrees Celsius?

If yes, then I'm inclined to say inconclusive. If no, then I'm inclined to say SCP-060, even if it would take an inordinate amount of time to occur.

Is this considered a valid win condition?

Agnaa said:
The two trees stand in New York City.
Some time in the future, lightning strikes and happens to hit SCP-060, igniting it and causing the release of SCP-060-Alpha, which proceeds to go on a rampage burning down Composite Tree.

Now the question is; is there any tree on Earth that can survive (whether through seed dispersal, or simply not being burned down) at temperatures of 1500 degrees Celsius?

If yes, then I'm inclined to say inconclusive. If no, then I'm inclined to say SCP-060, even if it would take an inordinate amount of time to occur.

Is this considered a valid win condition?
SCP-060 alpha is restricted.

@788936 Well that turns an interesting match into a boring one.

Unless I'm missing some way a certain tree has of invading on another tree's resources, slowly killing it off, then neither can do anything, making it inconclusive.

Agnaa said:
@788936 Well that turns an interesting match into a boring one.
Unless I'm missing some way a certain tree has of invading on another tree's resources, slowly killing it off, then neither can do anything, making it inconclusive.
At least it's not a stomp.

It's not even a stomp with Alpha allowed. Trees in Australia often survive bushfires, or leave behind seedlings that don't get destroyed by the fires and grow back later. However, Alpha does burn hotter than the usual bushfire, so there is a chance that Composite Tree could survive.

Nico-v11 said:
Are there any kinds of invasive trees? If so then Composite Tree wins easily.
I'm sure there are, but I'm not exactly sure if there are ones that invade on SCP-060 type trees.

Well I found MANY plants that will 100% kill trees. However plants are not necessarily trees. I found a shrub named Common Privet which is 30 ft tall and is very invasive. Does it count as a tree though....

Ok so here's more info. Many invasive trees will kill other trees by stealing their sunlight (by being taller and covering), taking the majority of water (because some require a lot of it), and stealing nutrients from the soil. So yeah Composite Tree wins

Nico-v11 said:
Ok so here's more info. Many invasive trees will kill other trees by stealing their sunlight (by being taller and covering), taking the majority of water (because some require a lot of it, and stealing nutrients from the soil. So yeah Composite Tree wins
Yep that makes it a stomp. A white oak tree vs every other tree.

Speed equalized seems a bit unfair. All 5000 trees in CT's colony run to various corners across the globe at 50mph. By the time alpha 060 gets unleashed the trees are too far apart for 060 to reach before they grow back.

If it gets changed to speed unequalized, is anyone willing to do the research on whether there's a tree (or a seed of a tree) that can survive fires of upwards of 1500 degrees celsius?

Agnaa said:
Speed equalized seems a bit unfair. All 5000 trees in CT's colony run to various corners across the globe at 50mph. By the time alpha 060 gets unleashed the trees are too far apart for 060 to reach before they grow back.
If it gets changed to speed unequalized, is anyone willing to do the research on whether there's a tree (or a seed of a tree) that can survive fires of upwards of 1500 degrees celsius?
If the top part isn't a joke i'm pretty sure composite tree is just one tree with the power of every tree.

There is a tree which is actually a colony of thousands of trees, connected together into a single entity. Since composite tree has the power of every tree, and that is a power, composite tree is thousands of trees.

This is mentioned in some other battles too, I believe the one with Composite Tree vs Composite Human?

Agnaa said:
The trees will just keep running in a straight line looking for the earth's corner until the sun destroys all life on earth.

CT would be better able to deal with the increasing heat of the sun growing closer to the Earth than 060 would. CT wins speed equalized?

Just saying, 060 can create skeletons that exude absolute zero temperatures, ones that are made of antimatter, and ones that are extremely radioactive

Agnaa said:
CT would be better able to deal with the increasing heat of the sun growing closer to the Earth than 060 would. CT wins speed equalized?
maybe the trees ascend to the 18th dimension and cut a hole in reality to the [Insert Random Game With Minecraft Graphics Here] universe and go to that planets corners which causes 060 to possibly win via BFR?

WeeklyBattles said:
I actually need to do some updating to 060's profile because apparently it can summon skeletons with properties other than just fire
What links 2263 and 060 together canonically? I see the link in 060's page to 2263's page, but that seems to just be an example of another adult human skeleton SCP. For one, 060-Alpha is 2.3 meters tall, while 2263 is 1.8 meters tall.

If 2263's skeletons are in fact summoned by 060, and either they (other than 2263-20) move sufficiently quickly, or a large amount can be summoned with those properties (enough to track down all 5000 trees), then 060 could pull out a win in speed equalized.

Composite tree outlives base SCP-060 (I'm guessing the living 80,000 years thing was not an oak) but SCP-060 alpha easily curbstomps via direct aplication of fire.

Back