• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-001 (Andrew Swann's Proposal) Upgrade

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Before anyone says that this has been done to death, hear me out.

I would like to begin with the introduction of SCP-3500 . Within the article, Researcher Panagiotopolous flat out admitted that they were fiction. Furthermore, the author even stated in the discussion forum that it ties in with 001.

Secondly, Operation Overmeta basically confirms that 001 treats The Foundation reality as fiction.

Thirdly, if anyone says that 001 can be affected by memetic effects, this basically proves that it can't. (Thanks Weekly) Also I don't know why this wasn't treated as massive PIS at first.

Overall, one can argue that The Foundation 'controlled' 001 into doing everything, but it wouldn't make much sense for lower dimensional beings to control a higher dimensional one. Especially not in the way The Foundation do it.

It would make more sense that whenever The Foundation 'control' 001, it is actually 001 utilizing its plot manipulation to make it seem that way.

Thus I propose that we upgrade SCP-001 to Low 1-B for treating the entirety of the SCPverse as fiction, thus trancending Yaldabaoth, Mekhane, Skarlet King, and Hanged King.

For further evidence, please refer to this thread. (Scroll down)

I suppose that this may be reasonable.

Yeah i'm for this as well. Just gonna put the stuff from the thread here...

http://www.scp-wiki.net/beneath-two-trees

"Now the Serpent, who guarded the Tree of Knowledge and knew the secrets of deep magic, had looked to the East, and saw in those regions a brewing shadow. A new power was rising within an ancient kingdom, a power that swallowed all in its path. Old gods had been uncovered, and all their terrible rites now knew public practice. Most horrible of all, the Serpent saw the Scarlet King rising from the depths of the Abyss, rising to consume all of creation."

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/dust-and-blood

"Khahrahk was not great upon his formation: in truth he was small. He crawled around in the darkness of the abyss, but unlike his brothers and sisters, he knew himself and knew the abyss. So blessed and cursed by awareness, he felt pain and loneliness, and looked beyond the depths: but the thought of the light and the shade of the tree pained him more. Existence was pain, and he would have no part of it. It would be better to not exist. It would be better for all things not to exist."

"Upon this vow, he consumed his brothers and sisters, and grew strong on their essences. This act, this first sin of Khahrahk, caused him greater pain as he himself grew greater. He grew blind by his pain. So great was his spite and so absolute his hate, that he cursed the Creation and its Creator, and vowed to destroy the Tree and all that it supported in its branches and roots."

"With the borders of his realm set down, the King declared his war. His servants, and there were many, those birthed of the Darkness Below or those that had fallen to the King's service, surged out of his kingdom, and there was war with Creation. This war continues to this day, and shall not end until the end of all things."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/new-job

"If you're not familiar with the mythology of the Scarlet King I suggest you read up on him. There's plenty of unclassified information on him in the Foundation database. All that's relevant for now is that he is (to the best of our knowledge) the most powerful malevolent entity in the Multiverse."

Then there's the Hanged King, who rules over Alagadda, the dimensional nexus of the multiverse, and who is stated to rival Yaldabaoth in power.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2264

"A terrible city, filled with equally terrible people. It is said that the Grand Karcist of Adytum serves the designs of an elder being, a horror thought to rival even the Hanged King of Alagadda. Craw! (SCP-2264-2 made a sound not unlike a crow) I should not speak of them. Not here."

So yeah...Swann sees these High 1-C entities as a work of fiction.

Okay. I suppose that an upgrade would be in order then.

I don't have a problem with the scaling, but I'm not sure why it would be Low 1-B instead of High 1-C, since all the feats mentioned for Yaldabaoth and such are destroying a 10-D multiverse. And if Yaldabaoth and co. also transcend the multiverse, I don't see a reason to assume Swann's proposal transcends them, as well.

Also, quick question, but where in Cygnus does it say memetic agents don't work? The page ends with them going "**** it" and engaging the memetic kill agent, unless I'm missing something.

Because Yal transcends the 10-D multiverse, and 001 transcends them to the point where it sees beings like Yal as a literal work of fiction

Because 001 Swann is supposed to be the reader/writer of the article. The fact that you saw the kill agent, it didnt kill you, and you were able to write that response means it doesnt work.

Where does it say 001 transcends Yal? Because I can't find that anywhere. I can only find statements of it transcending the SCP reality, which Yal is not a part of.

That's not how reality-fiction interaction works. The real-life reader obviously doesn't die, but that affects nothing from a story perspective. For example, Chara not actually stealing the Player's soul doesn't mean the event didn't take place in terms of the game.

Where does it say that Yal isnt a part of the SCP reality? 001 Swann is literally the SCPverse's version of The Writer, just weaker.

That actually plays a major role in the story perspective, that memetic kill agent was the Foundation's attempt to kill the reader, which it obviously cant.

"Where does it say that Yal isn't a part of the SCP reality?"

His profile.

That's the point. If the claim that Yal transcends the SCP reality is false, there is no reason to assume he is beyond 10-D. If the claim he is beyond the SCP reality is true, then 001 doesn't need to scale to him. Either way, this is 11-D/High 1-C as opposed to 12-D/Low 1-B.

I can find nothing that states that. Not only is it purposefully left ambiguous (because they can't murder you in real life for the sake of a story), but 001 is a collection of multiple individuals. Nothing I can find suggests the agent did or didn't work on any of them one way or another.

Okay, I see where the confusion is coming from, Yal's description needs to be adjusted. There isnt anything stating Yal transcends the SCP reality, she simply exists OUTSIDE of it. She's on the same level as 1831, who is a being of 10 spatial dimensions (And presumably one temporal dimension), and Yal is capable of simultaneously existing within and destroy all dimensions plus time instantly.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/sandrewswann-s-proposal

The decryption key at the bottom of the page describes it very clearly, they planned on using memetic kill agents to kill Swann, but they didnt know if it would work because of their limited knowledge and interactions with Swann, and they didnt know if the would still exist if it did work. That is, until Cygnus, in which they did end up using the kill agent on Swann (aka the person reading the article)...and it didnt work.

Okay. I suppose that both the SCP-001 and Yaldabaoth pages need to be updated then.

Great. I think this thread can be closed now.

Yes, is there anything left to discuss, or should we close this thread?

Back