• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scott The Woz Discussion

so yeah Scott the Woz is pretty cool it should be able to have a profile since Scott in the videos is just a character and unlike avgn and nostalgia critic he doesn't interact with the characters from the worlds he talks about the closest he gets is entering a anime world but that's original to the series

I’m gonna make a Calc for Scott blowing up the genesis robot in its awesome baby also Scott should have universal environmental distruction since when he talked about Mario kart 8 deluxe he made the space-time continuum “give up” I should also mention about the weird lore of the series like Scott isn’t a YouTube in this verse so he’d also have 4th wall awareness I’m gonna try to find more stuff tomorrow

so yeah Scott the Woz is pretty cool it should be able to have a profile since Scott in the videos is just a character and unlike avgn and nostalgia critic he doesn't interact with the characters from the worlds he talks about the closest he gets is entering a anime world but that's original to the series
The issue with AVGN/Nostalgia Critic isn't that they interact with the worlds, the issue is that they're web-video personalities/stage personas who are simply presenting a generally non-fiction show that occasionally has skits and visual gags. Scott does not get around this, and could not get a profile on this wiki. Please take it to FC/OC wiki instead.

The issue with AVGN/Nostalgia Critic isn't that they interact with the worlds, the issue is that they're web-video personalities/stage personas who are simply presenting a generally non-fiction show that occasionally has skits and visual gags. Scott does not get around this, and could not get a profile on this wiki. Please take it to FC/OC wiki instead.
Scott should be able to get around this since the show is fiction there are stories within the episodes interwoven with an actual plot like Scott had to review Mario kart 8 deluxe and prove it was different from Mario kart 8 to show the world they were different to save the universe, in bargain bin Christmas Scott had to host a charity event or all of his possessions would have been taken from him by the bank, the entire dark age of Nintendo had scott going to therapy over his trauma from bad Wii-u era games there are more examples of this saying it simply presents a non-fiction show is ignoring the stories and lore to the series that have been going on for 4 years

That same thing is done by nearly every web-video personality/stage persona.

Nonetheless, if the profile is valid for FC/OC Wiki, you can still discuss & make it. The info won't be relevant for VSBW, but this forum is for VSBW, FC/OC & JBW, you know.
Although, this thread would need to be moved to the appropriate FC/OC Wiki subsection of Vsbattles.com.

Bumping this because of the existence of stuff like the "movie" Borderline Forever, and specials like You're Not An RPG Guy and It's Awesome Baby -- and the fact that his show is actually on television, kind of blowing the arguments out of the water.

Bumping this because of the existence of stuff like the "movie" Borderline Forever, and specials like You're Not An RPG Guy and It's Awesome Baby -- and the fact that his show is actually on television, kind of blowing the arguments out of the water.
If Scott gets a profile because of him being on television, that's a slam dunk right there for an AVGN profile (Movie, two video games, actual television series sold by Amazon, etc).

If Scott gets a profile because of him being on television, that's a slam dunk right there for an AVGN profile (Movie, two video games, actual television series sold by Amazon, etc).
We'd also need more continuity and lore foundations to prove that it's not just a non-fiction series, which Scott has in plenty.

But I think these scenes in particular should take care of that.

We'd also need more continuity and lore foundations to prove that it's not just a non-fiction series, which Scott has in plenty.

Yeah, Nerd has plenty of continuity, even connecting the show to his more. I wonder, where does Scott scale? If we ever get profiles on them, I want to make a match of them.

Also some distinctions between fiction and reality. His friends don't play themselves. They play named characters and he treats them differently as such. And here's some direct statements about continuity from Scott himself from this AMA thread.

Well firstly, I don't consider it lore, it's just light continuity between episodes, I'm in a position where I take it seriously enough to take it into consideration when writing, but not seriously enough to CARE about people taking it seriously haha, it's a silly video game oriented comedy show with some characters from time to time. But in terms of canon junk, Internet and You is not apart of Scott The Woz technically. The VHS tape exists in the "Scott The Woz" universe, as in its on the desk. But the characters and stuff that happened are all still fictional in the "Scott The Woz" universe, it's just a VHS tape movie just like it is in "our" universe, god that was lame to write.
I just like the episodes to feel like they're in their own little weird bubble. I liked not mentioning any events in 2020 at all in videos this year as I like the videos to 1) be an escape for people. Ya don't need another YouTube video saying "We're all staying inside a lot more these days" or "2020's been pretty rough". Not saying anything bad about people who do that, it's completely understandable why, I just like my videos to be in their own little stupid universe where nothing bad is happening in the world. Almost like a Saturday morning cartoon honestly.

AVGN and Critic should also have similar fiction-reality relationships. I actually collected evidence in a thread that supports that NC and Doug Walker are separate entities within his storyline.
I also wouldn't say the appearances of characters like Bugs Bunny and Casper in AVGN and NC are like "fanfiction". They're not even important characters in the show, more so appearing for one-off gags. They're there the same reason Peter Griffin might beat up Lucy van Pelt or Mickey Mouse might show up in South Park. For parody. Because it's a parodic series. It's not a gotcha moment, it's just the nature of the series and not even that important when the shows do get into narrative points, like To Boldly Flee, the AVGN movie, and The Review Must Go On.

Last edited:
Nothing you've mentioned actually changes anything.
Bumping this because of the existence of stuff like the "movie" Borderline Forever
It's just a long episode.
, and specials like You're Not An RPG Guy and It's Awesome Baby
They're just long episodes.
-- and the fact that his show is actually on television, kind of blowing the arguments out of the water.
Airing on TV does not get around our rules on this. That's why Adam Ruins Everything doesn't have profiles.

No. You don't need occasional continuity and lore drops. You need to not be largely composed of non-fictional informative content.
Also some distinctions between fiction and reality. His friends don't play themselves. They play named characters and he treats them differently as such.
That doesn't matter, having different names is not the issue.
AVGN and Critic should also have similar fiction-reality relationships. I actually collected evidence in a thread that supports that NC and Doug Walker are separate entities within his storyline.
Having different names is not the issue. And even if it was, "Doug Walker is a different literal character in the universe" doesn't help the case.
I also wouldn't say the appearances of characters like Bugs Bunny and Casper in AVGN and NC are like "fanfiction". They're not even important characters in the show, more so appearing for one-off gags. They're there the same reason Peter Griffin might beat up Lucy van Pelt or Mickey Mouse might show up in South Park. For parody. Because it's a parodic series. It's not a gotcha moment, it's just the nature of the series and not even that important when the shows do get into narrative points, like To Boldly Flee, the AVGN movie, and The Review Must Go On.
Bugs Bunny is not a one-off gag. The extent to which copyrighted material is used, a part of the lore, and generally would come up in indexing, is vastly different between those examples and Family Guy/South Park.

Don't waste the time of everyone involved by trotting out the same arguments that have been repeated for 6 years.

It's just a long episode.

They're just long episodes.
What's your point? They follow stories, they have continuity.
No. You don't need occasional continuity and lore drops. You need to not be largely composed of non-fictional informative content.
Which exists half and half. It's a coexistence. One half opinionated from the vessel of the character, and the other half following a story.
That doesn't matter, having different names is not the issue.

Having different names is not the issue. And even if it was, "Doug Walker is a different literal character in the universe" doesn't help the case.
The context here is similar to Grant Morrison appearing to Animal Man in the comics. It's not a joke, and it serves a narrative purpose. Within the context of the story, it tells the tale of a fictionalized version of Doug Walker being tormented by the character he created, which has taken on a life of it's own, egging him onto continuing the series. There is a clear separation of the character and stage persona here. Kickassia, Suburban Knights, To Boldly Flee, The Review Must Go On, a good portion of episodes form narrative structure with reoccurring characters, settings, status quo's etc, sometimes without even cutting to a review.
Bugs Bunny is not a one-off gag. The extent to which copyrighted material is used, a part of the lore, and generally would come up in indexing, is vastly different between those examples and Family Guy/South Park.
Mickey Mouse isn't a one-off gag in South Park either and is a reoccurring character who plays an important part of the narrative in some of the episodes that he features in.
Don't waste the time of everyone involved by trotting out the same arguments that have been repeated for 6 years.
I don't appreciate the tone of this, but I can understand that you're frustrated for having to renounce these same claims. However, I do believe that my arguments have weight to them, and I am passionate about these various series, being a long follower of them.

Which exists half and half. It's a coexistence. One half opinionated from the vessel of the character, and the other half following a story.
It ought to be a lot more like 1% non-fictional opinion, and 99% actual story, to be allowed on the site.
The context here is similar to Grant Morrison appearing to Animal Man in the comics. It's not a joke, and it serves a narrative purpose. Within the context of the story, it tells the tale of a fictionalized version of Doug Walker being tormented by the character he created, which has taken on a life of it's own, egging him onto continuing the series. There is a clear separation of the character and stage persona here. Kickassia, Suburban Knights, To Boldly Flee, The Review Must Go On, a good portion of episodes form narrative structure with reoccurring characters, settings, status quo's etc, sometimes without even cutting to a review.
And those ones in particular run into massive issues with being derivative works, from what I remember of them.
Mickey Mouse isn't a one-off gag in South Park either and is a reoccurring character who plays an important part of the narrative in some of the episodes that he features in.
I know? I was responding to your erroneous claim that Bugs Bunny was "more so appearing for one-off gags". Having ten minutes of just fight scenes across multiple episodes goes against that claim.

My positive reasons for why the inclusion of Mickey Mouse in South Park is fine are:
  • Taking up a small portion of the run time (being a plot-relevant character in 4 episodes, and being a cameo in 4 others, out of ~330 episodes).
  • Not being relevant to the lore of the verse (i.e. cosmology, significantly important history, etc.) He's mostly just relevant for those parts of those episodes, and not so much outside of that.
  • Not being relevant to indexing (self-explanatory).
Some verses fail some of those criteria (SCP, JJBA), but they're generally saved by being strong in other criteria.
I don't appreciate the tone of this, but I can understand that you're frustrated for having to renounce these same claims. However, I do believe that my arguments have weight to them, and I am passionate about these various series, being a long follower of them.
I understand how people can be convinced by your arguments, our reasons for not including them are ultimately arbitrary after all, but what I'm trying to stress is that they're nothing new. You're not the first person to say these things, and it's tiring to have someone else come up every 6 months to say the same thing in a slightly different way.

Plus, there's other websites that we're associated with where you can index Scott, AVGN, etc; the FC/OC wiki. I get the passion, but you don't have to direct it here. There's 8 verses I've had to only battleboard on other websites because they don't meet vsbw's standards, and that's okay.

I understand how people can be convinced by your arguments, our reasons for not including them are ultimately arbitrary after all, but what I'm trying to stress is that they're nothing new. You're not the first person to say these things, and it's tiring to have someone else come up every 6 months to say the same thing in a slightly different way.

Plus, there's other websites that we're associated with where you can index Scott, AVGN, etc; the FC/OC wiki. I get the passion, but you don't have to direct it here. There's 8 verses I've had to only battleboard on other websites because they don't meet vsbw's standards, and that's okay.
I guess the argument's pretty dead in the water, but it was a nice try. My major reasoning for trying to push so hard is that people generally don't really take the arguments as seriously due to the reputation of some of the profiles on there, but it's better than nothing. I concede.

Back