• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you may or not now, but yeah, there is a lot missing for them.

So yeah, we need to implement some stuff for Fred

Remove Non-Corporeal since he is not a ghost anymore.

Immortality Type 7 (Is a zombie)

Resurrection from normal self to zombie self.

Fear Inducement (Made a zombie cower in fear just from looking at him)

Animal Manipulation I think (His mere presence [ made many zombies follow him)

Btw, Fred is still smart while as a zombie, so is not really a weakness, ok, just wanted to point it out.

Now for Scooby

Super Genius Intelligence part of a program designed to create smart dogs and he just got an massive leap on intellectual capacity

Toon Force or Reality Warping for Scooby (Helped Shaggy in drawing a door that was functional here (Also supporting feat for 9-B normal humans, hurray)

Resistance to Gravity capable of doing this, go to 2:40, and this, go at 1:03 (Also scales to Shaggy)

Time Manipulation with the Time scepter (Capable of controlling time)

And now Shaggy

Power Mimicry Wished to have Demon Powers which he was able to use against the monsters

Causality Manipulation (Wished for a world without Mystery Inc to which he wished the first wish away

Teleport or Immersion Able to appear suddenly inside of the TV

Toon Force or just more proof of reality warp or some weird version of resistance to ice manipulation capable of making fire using ice cream

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (He is rubber, yeah, pretty much that to be honest, he is already resistant to blunt attacks because he is elastic and all, so uh.... yeah, take that)

Stamina upgrade for Shaggy (Is capable of screaming for three hours without interruption and is more than capable of running for years when afraid enough to do so)

Now to fix some stuff that is just wrong on Shaggy's profile.

First off, the Regenerationn, is just low, he broke all the bones of his body, and it was all fixed at the end of the day, comic, whatever.

The resistance to fire (The cave was in fire yes, but it never spat said fire on him, only on Dracula, if he was supposed to get a resistance to heat or something, you should have put the day when he was surfing on lava)

Edit: Nevermind, just found out that there is a villain in Aloha Scooby Doo: Wiki Tiki who could spit fire and in launched in both Shaggy and Scooby who were okay after that (Worth mentioning that his fireballs were capable of exploding little houses, which should be comparable, since in 0:41, they were in the center of said house when it got exploded

I am rather uneasy with giving them abilities from the Scooby Apocalypse comicbook, rather than just the cartoons. It removes them too far from the regular public perceotion of them, and makes their profiles look ridiculous.

Would you feel better if we put a note saying that some of the abilities are due to the Scooby Apocalypse comic?

Because we are using composite for a reason here, no offense

Well, the current profiles are extremely misleading in terms of what most visitors are familiar with, meaning the cartoons.

I personally think that composite cartoon profiles would be much better than including any obscure appearance that strongly contradict the general portrayals.

Antvasima said:
I personally think that composite cartoon profiles would be much better than including any obscure appearance that strongly contradict the general portrayals.
But that's exactly what composite means

It can also be justified if a certain fiction has multiple spinoffs of dubious canonicity, for which quantifiable feats are scarce, such as most Pokémon and Digimon characters. It should preferably be limited to franchises that actually need it for sufficient scaling, if the different versions are too dispersed and incoherent to make a clear picture of individually

I personally think that it should stay as it is.

Antvasima said:
Well, the current profiles are extremely misleading in terms of what most visitors are familiar with, meaning the cartoons.
Pretty sure that anyone familiar with Pokémon, Digimon and many other anime will feel misleaded due to misconceptions made about said series, so there is that.

Well, the Scooby-Doo characters and setting were completely changed in Scooby Apocalypse, so I maintain that we should use selectively composite profiles instead.

I don't think that's fair.

But then again, there are only two people on this thread and there is no one knowledgeable in Scooby Doo now that Cursed was banned and all... so eh, who cares.

I would appreciate help with revising the profiles to remove the Scooby Apocalypse parts in any case.

well then, I can't do it now because I gtg, but I know what need to be changed.

Remove 9-A with weapons completely for Velma, Fred and Daphne then (Is only a thing on Scooby Doo Apocalypse)

part of Daphne's reasoning as 9-B for she can harm Fred (She did on Scooby Doo Apocalypse, not on the normal ones) that won't affect her 9-B ratings tho.

Velma's reasoning for why she is an Extraordinary Genius (The latter half is from Scooby Doo Apocalypse)

Fred being non corporeal (That's from Scooby Apocalypse)

But I am telling you, that shouldn't happen, many parts of the cartoon were considerably dark on Scooby Doo, not only the comics, or should I remember you the moment where a goddamn parrot killed someone with their own claws or when Marcie was shot offscreen with Scooby then saying 'They drawed first blood, not me' line

Not to mention that this selective composite only happens with Scooby Doo, wtf? This feels like there is a bias against it, instead, we should only put a note explaining that many of the stuff on the profiles are due to the Scooby Apocalypse.

Look, I am just concerned about that the abilities listed within the profiles will seem completely misleading to our visitors.

that's why we have notes, to explain things and such.

People already feel mislead with Thor and other marvel characters who are immensely huge and all that spazz

Perhaps we could have two separate statistics keys? One for the regular cartoon show, and one for Scooby Apocalypse.

I still think that Scooby Apocalypse should be kept separate from the cartoon, given how different it is.

sure, will do when I have free time, have stuff to do today with the gym and all.

Farewell

Okay. Remember to move all the "Apocalypse" information from the regular Scooby-Doo pages.

I already did on Velma and Daphne's pages, doing Fred now, then I will move onto Scooby and Shaggy.

Actually, I just now noticed that we didn't even put Scooby Apocalypse information on Scooby nor Shaggy besides the images, which I already had removed, on all of them.

Currently creating Fred (Scooby Apocalypse page)

The weaknesses section was left blank as well.

Basically, both the Fred and Shaggy pages seem to be of poor quality.

My bad, I am going to fix Shaggy page now.

And what exactly is unreliable on the wall level statistics?

I mean, Zombies rip apart humans, Scrappy rips apart zombies, Fred easily overpowers Scrappy (I know that having scrappy as the reasoning is weird, but hey, he got buffed on the comics)

Well, if you give a better explanation for the statistics, similar to what you wrote above, that can work.

However, you also need to insert explanation keys at the bottom of the page.

I mean...

They have been shown to break down fortified doors here, rip humans apart with no difficulty, and Scrappy can easily rip those guys apart

And Fred well, he can handle scrappy just fine

so... should I already post it or not?

I already made the fixes on the blog post I made, I am just waiting for your ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back