• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I already explained, though he isn’t immune to mental attacks he is somewhat resistant to them. So coercion would be only a brief stun, do to speed/evasion amps, he would resist a bit and be able to dodge what ever comes at him.

So Here’s how I think this will go. Scizor will do buffs on himself Double team, Swords Dance, Agility, Focus energy and then use leer on Ranga and then if he doesnt one shot ranga with that he’s dead

Canonically, Scizor always leads with brute force- that’s from Multiple generations of Pokédex Entries. Dancing is a bit out of character to start with.

It is a direct attack so we can’t judge it by numbers. It is more a Mountain level strike on the mind.

It’s from all other Psychic mons. He, as a steel type (or was it the big half?) one of those resist all psychic moves, including one that damages him by directly effecting his mind.

But is it even a complete resistance? Or...?
Cus' if not I really don't see Scizor resisting Coercion

technically coercion is an in-character thought-based fearhax/sleephax in a no-Hax tourney
Yeah, one’s an attack while one’s actual Mind Manip.

It usually reduces the effects by about half. Combined with his amps he should be able to avoid it.
Daddy, a mental attack still is mind manip, especially since dream eater is explicitly taking dreams, a mental idea, out of him.

Half? That isn't doing anything then. It works on 200.

Also, it's a Low-Hax Tourney, not no hax tourney. And it's fear, sleep, and confusion inducement... Not really the most potent "hax" abilities either (Are they even hax??).

No but the actual effect would be halfed. The amount of people it effects has nothing to do with the actual effect; I mean why would it?

The amount of people shows that it's much more potent than your normal 1-person stuff.

It also means it's AoE, which is a problem.

Even if the effect is halved, and Scizor isn't sleep-induced or knocked out completely... Will they still be competent in the match after Coercion hits?

How, you asserted that without any reasoning? Why is numbers the measuring point rather then let’s say piercing resistance? Especially since it’s AOE, it just effects everyone in it’s range evenly, the number of people effected has nothing to do with the potency.

The requirements for the tourney was literally ‘versatility allowed but no Hax’ but ok
Halving the effects is just game mechanics honestly, it provides a limited resistance, not a resistance outright. And also, yes, how many people it can effect is absolutely the power of the Hax

But why, that is an assertion with no evidence. Tell me the evidence Daddy.
Halving is a good estimate because in-game it is all we got.

This is offtopic... But every time you call him "daddy" I can't help but laugh.

Once again, even if we assume the effect is halved and Scizor isn't knocked out completely by it (Which I doubt)... Will Scizor even be competent enough still to put up a fight and Win???

Why wouldn’t he, the effect wears off sooner and his amps increases his speed and dodging so he should be able to react faster after recovering.

Because I mean... They'd be half asleep fighting Ranga... who has more AoE attacks and teleportation at the ready.

How will amps effect that???

First of all, please call me Brawl.
2nd of all, we always scale these types of things by how many people it can effect. The more people a Hax can effect, the better it’s going to effect one person. Sort of like Mindhax- we scale people by how many people they can effect, such as Kirby resisting Galaxy-Level Mindhax.

Daddy, that does not prove it,
That is an appeal to authority/ I guess tradition. Just because “that is how we do things.”‘doesn’t prove the point.

phenoks
His amps should balance that out at bare minimum he is twice as fast or hard to hit, possibly even both up to four times each.

I gave you a reason. The more people something can effect, the better it’ll effect one person. Think about it like this- a bed of nails is painful, but the pain’s spread out amongst the body. Stepping on a nail is more painful, as it’s focused on one part of the body.

Because its being focused on one person. In addition, it’s quite clear this Psychic Type Resistance doesn’t work on Most Hax anyways- Scizor can still be put to sleep with Hypnosis, be confused by Confusion, and more.

But that doesn’t prove that it can be actively focused on one person.
Also Daddy can you explain to me how Coercion works, the in-verse mechanics not an contextless hax-list?

Once again, I ask you to call me Brawl.
And no, I cannot. What It seems to be, however, is a Magical Skill used to intimidate the opponent, or a range of them. It just makes one scared, to the point of possibly knocking them unconscious, hence being labeled as Fear Manip/Sleep Manip. I also never even gave you a Hax-List? Once again, you completely ignored my point about the Psychic-Type resistance not affecting his resistance towards Hax.

Isn’t Coersion something you can just power through in-verse if you’re strong/fearless enough? Doesn’t seem like something that Scizor can’t handle given the species in general works with intimidation. Not to mention the status effects will trigger its Conquest ability Pride. And at that point he will ohko.

Btw, a 4x Scizor X-Scissor that crits would totally cleave the opponent in two in a single attack, especially if Scizor leers. At the very least Ranga would be knocked out.

The Profile says it scales to Strength of the User vs Resistance of the Victim. If one of our more knowledgeable members comes out and says it works that way, though, that’ll be good for Scizor.
Do we count Conquest as Canon on the profiles? I’ve never heard of the game tbh. If not, then only Scizor has Pride, as Scizor only gets Pride in Conquest.
edit: Conquest was a Crossover Game. As per crossover rules, he shouldn’t have Pride.

Back