• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm unsure if Ranga has it or not still.

Ranga can easily create distance between them by jumping away if he isn't doing well in cqc.

Unless, do the amps also amp speed by a large amount?

Scizor has access to Agility, yes. Which doubles it’s speed. Agility doubles speed, Iron Defense doubles defense, Swords Dance doubles AP.
Fleeing triggers Scizor to use Pursuit, which does double damage if the target attempts to flee and is also Technician boosted.

No more dodgeable then other moves. (It has 100% accuracy in game but logically he could miss, it is just very unlikely)

Yes but it should hard to dodge, seeing how it even works on teleporters with IR like the Abra line. Scizor also has access to Defog which lowers evasion.

Pursuit's extra effect actually doesn't trigger on Teleport, negative priority and all of that, not that it matters here.

Ranga AP: 700 Megatons (? Calc’s weird. One-Half of 1.4 Megatons, via comparison to someone who’s half as strong as his Death Storm). There’s no calc for his Durability, so I assume he scales to his own AP.
Ranga has access to Coercion, which is essentially Fear Manip, which can go from knocking people out to feeling hostility, depending on how strong the target is. Scizor, via faulty scaling, is about half as strong as Ranga, so it should be useful. Magic Sense allows him essentially ‘Blindsight’, allowing him to sense molecules in the air, to the point of being able to fight blind.

I only have access to what’s currently on the profiles, however. It’d be useful if we had someone fluent in Rangas verse, so that we can actually have a discussion, otherwise we’re just listing abilities.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about the Charizard feat again, that’s about 700 Megatons as well. Ignore the whole ‘Fear Manip should be useful’ thing.

You again, even after we explained it to you. Scizor isn’t eve close to half as strong since he scales ridiculously above the feat. They are close to even if anything.
Being able to fight blind doesn’t protect you from speed amps and prioritiy.
Coercion, is really the only threat but since Scizor is extremely strong, (as strong as him.) I doubt that it should be a problem.

Yes, I noticed as you posted, lol. I got my calcs confused- thought Charizards Feat was about 352 megatons. My bad.
You again, even after we explained it to you. Scizor isn’t eve close to half as strong since he scales ridiculously above the feat. They are close to even if anything.

I'm versed on Ranga's verse, so there is already someone versed on his verse here.
Alright then. Sorry if someone’s asked this, as i looked and didn’t see anyone ask, but this is quite important- what does Ranga start with? He has quite a lot of abilities.

Shadow Motion is the main thing he uses, to attack from multiple angles in a way the enemy can't counter attack.

We barely see ranga fighting so we don't really know what he usually start with, but if he is willing to kill, last time he use AoE death Storm.
  • Death Storm:An attack move that combines Control Wind and Dark Lightning to create a thunderstorm.
    • Area of Effect Death Storm: Forms tornados from the thunderstorm in a large area, sweeping weaker enemies off their feet hundreds of meters into the air, where they then get vaporized by Dark Lightning.
    • Dark Lightning Death Storm:Focuses the entire might of the thunderstorm into a single Dark Lightning bolt that deals devastating damage to a single target.
He can create a tornado to drag you into one place and then blast it with black lighting, if your're not die then he can use it again and again or use a pinpointed one which have High 7-A AP.

His Roar can atomize target, he can also use Coercion which have multiple effect that works on atleast 210 people. He can use Shadow motion to move through shadow, he can use it to hide or get close to you. Not to mention he also have multi-layered Barriers around him that always active and could be replaced by another in case the Barrier is destroyed.

Alright. Death Storm wouldn’t be allowed, due to making Ranga High 7-A.

If Ranga starts off with Shadow Motion, that’ll suck for Scizor. Double Team is useful, but it may not be very effective due to Rangas Magic Sense. Scizor has a higher AP, but not by much (790 vs 700, not even a 1.1x difference). Scizor seems to lead with pure AP rather than buffing itself with Dances, as it’s Pokédex entries state it leads off via intimidation with its Claws as it swings them at the opponent. Feint could get past the Barriers, as could Defog, as both are designed to bypass barriers. However, it might be difficult to land a hit on Ranga if he constantly dips in the shadows, but Scizor’s also portrayed as far more durable than his AP says, so it may be hard to even faze him with attacks.

These two are actually a kind of good match. Neither have a major advantage over the other, with similar APs and not much ha.

(Side Note: Speed Amps aren't allowed for Speed Equal matches if it lets the User blitz, so Agility and Quick Attack May not be very useful here)

Double team and speed amps let him dodge the shadow attack or take minimal damage due to his defense amps+high defense.
Feint ignores barriers so it isn’t a problem.
Scizor is gonna be real hard to hit do to his speed and evasion amps so single target DS.
His speed amps aren’t blitz worthy so they are allowed.

Not much. There’s even a few moves similar to it, such as Mean Look or the ability Intimidate. However, If the ability’s magic-based, maybe it’s Psychic-Type resistance could provide some help with that? Depends on his verses usage of the term Magic.

What exactly does coercion do? Someone mentioned it being resistance by raw power before hand, is that true?
He resists Psychic, which is mental damage/also telekinesis , so it shouldn’t be as effective but not useless.

I know. Pokemon don’t really have much resistances to that sort of thing plus that’s hax , so depending on the nature of the ability Scizor could have some resistance to the effect, otherwise not much.

It doesn't include mental damage, Hypnosis is the closest to "mental moves" there actually is in Pokémon and it even affects Dark types.
A better way to describe the resistance to Psychic type moves would be a resistance to mind-based moves, as Telekinesis isn't included either in such a resistance by sheer typing. In other words, it doesn't cover hax.

I was confused on confusion, I thought it was mental damage. Dream eater should still count though.

Even then this is a low hax tourney.

Though I don’t see how resistance to mental attacks wouldn’t reduce the effect of a different type of mental attack.

is his resistance to psychic attacks really going to nullify an ability that works on 200+?

huh... then I don't really know. This fight seems real close. I'd love to have it added lol

Shadow motion and Black lightning aren’t really problem for Scizor. He can take few hits and dodge with amps.

With Shadow Motion, he can't deal damage to Ranga as he cannot move into shadow, Ranga's Coercion would stun him and then blast him with black lighting. Its not like Ranga's stamina is so low that he cant do the same thing multiple times.

Yeah but he has to jump out of the shadow to attack if Scizor can’t get into it, which means that the shadow is away from Scizor. So with amps he can dodge and counter with a priority move/feint.

Back