• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCARLET WITCH AND THE GRIEVER Revisions

This was a strange story though. The Griever only blew up a few city blocks with one of her full force attacks against Wanda and was also hurt by Quicksilver and slowed down by Polaris.
Her purpose was to ended Wanda, not the entire cosmos ,and Wanda is not that huge.Quicksilver can damage the Griever because Scarlet Witch casts her hex to make the impossible possible. And Polaris can slow her down because The Griever haven't use her full potential yet, not until the Scarlet witch join the battle.

I was the one who made her profile in the first place, there was one Universal Griever who appeared intermittently across Fantastic Four (2018), with her having 1-2 Omniversal appearances in Overspace. I simply placed the statements about her embodying heat death in her Omniversal Key to better stress her true function, literally every scan below which is used in her Omniversal Key is a statement made around her Universal Form. Btw, did you read all Griever’s appearances in Fantastic Four (2018)?

Hey, do you believe the Griever who appeared in that story, within the normal base Universe, was the Omniversal True Form Griever? One thing I wanted to point out first is that the Griever there seemingly can’t cross dimensions without aid of equipment, which was a weakness of Universal Griever from Fantastic Four (2018).
•But she has confirmed many times in Scarlet witch series, that this is The Griever, who will end everything, every universes. She is The Griever that existed along with the Never Queen, exists beyond space-time. The Scarlet witch has changed the set path of the end of everything that's why she came to her. How is this her Universal-state?

•She existed at the void, she destroyed the Edge of reality.All of this should make her H1-A. Or her Universal-state will be H1-A??

•I never saw her Omniversal-form stated that she could,or ever cross dimensions. Even when she appeared at the Overspace, she was summoned.

• Even The Never Queen stated that she is heat death of all creation, not her manifested body.

Last edited:
around her Universal Form. Btw, did you read all Griever’s appearances in Fantastic Four (2018)?
Yes, I did-- and I have a suspicion about the Griever's profile.

•You use all of her Omniversal-form statement from her manifested body?

•We all know that the Griever exists beyond space-time just like her sister, the Never Queen-- So why does the Griever have her Universal-state when she exists beyond the cosmos, whereas the Never Queen never has a Universal-form? I didn't meant to attack you or anything, I respect your opinion. But has the Griever ever stated that she has a Universal-form? Or she did not have one, like her sister?

Yes, I did-- and I have a suspicion about the Griever's profile.

•You use all of her Omniversal-form statement from her manifested body?

•We all know that the Griever exists beyond space-time just like her sister, the Never Queen-- So why does the Griever have her Universal-state when she exists beyond the cosmos, whereas the Never Queen never has a Universal-form? I didn't meant to attack you or anything, I respect your opinion. But has the Griever ever stated that she has a Universal-form? Or she did not have one, like her sister?
Checking on Never Queen profile, she had two key at one point. Am sure Ultima forgot about her.

All abstracts have Universal State.

Hey, do you believe the Griever who appeared in that story, within the normal base Universe, was the Omniversal True Form Griever? One thing I wanted to point out first is that the Griever there seemingly can’t cross dimensions without aid of equipment, which was a weakness of Universal Griever from Fantastic Four (2018).
I think that it seems more likely to have been the universal Griever in that case, but do not know if the writer cared about inconsistencies such as that Quicksilver was beating up an entity that is supposedly stronger than multiversal Eternity.

Her purpose was to ended Wanda, not the entire cosmos ,and Wanda is not that huge.Quicksilver can damage the Griever because Scarlet Witch casts her hex to make the impossible possible. And Polaris can slow her down because The Griever haven't use her full potential yet, not until the Scarlet witch join the battle.
•But she has confirmed many times in Scarlet witch series, that this is The Griever, who will end everything, every universes. She is The Griever that existed along with the Never Queen, exists beyond space-time. The Scarlet witch has changed the set path of the end of everything that's why she came to her. How is this her Universal-state?

•She existed at the void, she destroyed the Edge of reality.All of this should make her H1-A. Or her Universal-state will be H1-A??

•I never saw her Omniversal-form stated that she could,or ever cross dimensions. Even when she appeared at the Overspace, she was summoned.

• Even The Never Queen stated that she is heat death of all creation, not her manifested body.
Well, I am uncertain in that case. It may just have been standard Marvel Comics writer extremely inconsistent powerscaling.

I think that it seems more likely to have been the universal Griever in that case, but do not know if the writer cared about inconsistencies such as that Quicksilver was beating up an entity that is supposedly stronger than multiversal Eternity.
Scarlet witch just amped Quicksilver with her hex, she makes all the impossible possible.She is Ultimate Nexus, a being that can defy the Griever.

• I also have another questio. The Griever's domain is outside creation, it's the void. She is also powerful enough to destroyed the Edge of reality.So-- if you assume her as Universal-state, will her Universal-state be H1-A??

I also have another questio. The Griever's domain is outside creation, it's the void. She is also powerful enough to destroyed the Edge of reality.So-- if you assume her as Universal-state, will her Universal-state be H1-A??
Again, it's not uncommon for Universal Abstracts to describe their nature in the context of their true states and Omniversal function. For example:

•I understand, but what I was talking about was-- in the Scarlet witch comic series the Griever in this series exists at the void and she destroyed the Edge of reality. So should this scale her to H1-A?

• And talking about contexts. In this series not only just the Griever that mentioned herself to be the end of all things. The Scarlet witch, the Never Queen and the Wizard all of them mentioned that she is ' the end ' of all things, everything. Like-- many times, perhaps all the time that they have a conversation about her.

Checking on Never Queen profile, she had two key at one point. Am sure Ultima forgot about her.

All abstracts have Universal State.
Why didn't I think of that? Never queen, she has never appeared in a shapeshifter. She has existed in Land couldn't be shouldn't be since the Silver Surfer book. Of course in the final book she was destroyed by beyonder. The effects of Eternity cause all of existence to collapse. It's pretty obvious that she lost to Destruction, and Never Queen is superior to The beyond. Another thing is the Ultimate group. Ultimate, I haven't seen any manifestations of either the Fifth Cosmos or the Sixth Cosmos. The only Eternity and Infinity that exists, the Never queen is the Fourth Cosmos (Pilgrim), shouldn't her have a manifestation? or you will add Manifestations to the entire Cosmos? My personal opinion I may have missed something, please point it out.🙏🏻

This was a strange story though. The Griever only blew up a few city blocks with one of her full force attacks against Wanda
She explicitly wasn't trying to destroy everything iirc, just Wanda, which was why she needed those machines to focus her destructiveness in the first place
and was also hurt by Quicksilver and slowed down by Polaris.
This is another of her specific weaknesses which was revealed in her first appearance, she has a hard time fighting lower dimensional creatures, Reed Richards compared it to a human trying to hold a bacteria in their hand, basically, people like QS and Polaris will actually last longer than an abstract against her

Last edited:
Well, the people I pinged here earlier unfortunately mostly do not seem interested in helping us out in this thread.

I think it's best to assume that it's the M-body of an abstract unless stated otherwise
•I'm really curious about why should the Griever in this current run should be her Universal-state? I really understand about the contexts that Universal-form can refer to their Omniversal form-- but in this series it's not just her that mentioned about herself, everyone does mentioned that she will end everything, every realm, including the dead realm. Even an abstract entity like the Never Queen also mentioned her to be the end of all things, and exists along with her outside of creation.So if you have any panels about other characters that refer to an abstract entities Omniversal-state, even if they were an Universal-state, please provide the information. Thank you. 🙏.

•I also want to know where it is stated that the Griever (Omniversal-state) can cross dimensions. I have asked for this information many times, but no one has answered me.Even when she's at the Overspace, she was summoned-- so how did you know that her Omniversal-state could cross dimensions?

• Wanda, who created the Waiting Room that exists at the edge of the White Hot Room, fought with the Griever (Universal-form) (?) This confuses me because it seems unlikely that a being with Universal-form could battle someone who created a realm on the same plane as the White Hot Room. This is one reason why I still believe that the Griever is the Omniversal-state.

•The Griever in this series exists at the void ,she managed to destroyed the Edge of reality. This also can make her H1-A . So if you assume her as Universal-state, should her Universal-state scaling to H1-A? (But I still believe that this was her Omniversal-state, it's clearly H1-A at the first place.)

•Btw, I have found an interview from Steve Orlando said that the Griever who Wanda dealing with is the end of all things.

And talking about contexts. In this series not only just the Griever that mentioned herself to be the end of all things. The Scarlet witch, the Never Queen and the Wizard all of them mentioned that she is ' the end ' of all things, everything. Like-- many times, perhaps all the time that they have a conversation about her.
Btw, I have found an interview from Steve Orlando said that the Griever who Wanda dealing with is the end of all things.
This particular argument for Griever being in her Omniversal state bewilders me, no offense. Her name is literally “Griever at the ends of all things,” how in the world do you describe her Universal State if not as the “end of all things?”

This particular argument for Griever being in her Omniversal state bewilders me, no offense. Her name is literally “Griever at the ends of all things,” how in the world do you describe her Universal State if not as the “end of all things?”
My point is that the author is portraying the Scarlet Witch as grappling with the end of all things, the end of everything, not the m-body. And why should this be her Universal-state? (Please reply all the questions above if you still disagree.I always respect your opinion.Thank you.)

•I also want to know where it is stated that the Griever (Omniversal-state) can cross dimensions. I have asked for this information many times, but no one has answered me.Even when she's at the Overspace, she was summoned-- so how did you know that her Omniversal-state could cross dimensions?
She wasn't summoned, she was drawn there, to the end of all things, which is a fancy way of saying - she went there, because she must.
• Wanda, who created the Waiting Room that exists at the edge of the White Hot Room, fought with the Griever (Universal-form) (?) This confuses me because it seems unlikely that a being with Universal-form could battle someone who created a realm on the same plane as the White Hot Room. This is one reason why I still believe that the Griever is the Omniversal-state.
That's also something I think you're misinterpreting. The spirits of mutants were described as "pilgrims to the Edge of the White Hot Room... mutants from the Waiting Room". They travelled to the Edge from the Waiting Room, which doesn't mean much.
•The Griever in this series exists at the void ,she managed to destroyed the Edge of reality. This also can make her H1-A . So if you assume her as Universal-state, should her Universal-state scaling to H1-A? (But I still believe that this was her Omniversal-state, it's clearly H1-A at the first place.)
I don't think the Edge of Reality has the same durability. Even assuming it does, its High 1-A rating comes from harming Never Queen at the specific moment in which "anything could happen". I'd personally argue that it is an ordinary blade durability-wise, that can negate durability and cut through anything.

She wasn't summoned, she was drawn there, to the end of all things, which is a fancy way of saying - she went there, because she must.
Yes, she was drawn there. This proves my point that the Griever in the series is Omniversal-state, as evidenced by her inability to free herself to travel through dimensions. It's not her time to cut across to the Cosmos ,to bring about the end of everything.
That's also something I think you're misinterpreting. The spirits of mutants were described as "pilgrims to the Edge of the White Hot Room... mutants from the Waiting Room". They travelled to the Edge from the Waiting Room, which doesn't mean much.
The waiting room is a space between life and death, and Phoenix/WHR (Immortal X-Men #18) was described as life and death incarnate. (Defenders Beyond #2) And we also see the golden clouds around the spirits of mutants, isn't this looks similar to the clouds in the Waiting Room? I don't think that those mutants can cross plane of dimensions without the Waiting Room , which is a connection point to WHR. That's why I said that the Waiting Room and the White Hot Room are on the same plane.
I don't think the Edge of Reality has the same durability. Even assuming it does, its High 1-A rating comes from harming Never Queen at the specific moment in which "anything could happen". I'd personally argue that it is an ordinary blade durability-wise, that can negate durability and cut through anything.
I disagree. I have already addressed this since Monday at 14:59.

Yes, she was drawn there. This proves my point that the Griever in the series is Omniversal-state, as evidenced by her inability to free herself to travel through dimensions. It's not her time to cut across to the Cosmos ,to bring about the end of everything.
Huh? She can't free herself at all in the scan you're linking, she is free to travel creation by the grace of her sword. The Edge.
The waiting room is a space between life and death, and Phoenix/WHR (Immortal X-Men #18) was described as life and death incarnate. (Defenders Beyond #2) And we also see the golden clouds around the spirits of mutants, isn't this looks similar to the clouds in the Waiting Room? I don't think that those mutants can cross plane of dimensions without the Waiting Room , which is a connection point to WHR. That's why I said that the Waiting Room and the White Hot Room are on the same plane.
It doesn't ultimately matter. We don't know the nature of the Waiting Room. We can speculate, sure, and a possibly rating might be in order, but not much else. All we know is that those might be connected, but ultimately separate. Furthermore, we don't know how the pilgrims pilgriming from one place to another. In Defenders we learned that it is possible to reach it from the lower realms, and while foggy on the topic in Krakoa era, I recall it trivialized WHR a lot.
I disagree. I have already addressed this since Monday at 14:59.
You've addressed everything but blade's durability and scans don't delve into the topic much as well.

Huh? She can't free herself at all in the scan you're linking, she is free to travel creation by the grace of her sword. The Edge.
I never said that she could. My point is that the end of everything hasn't arrived yet. Therefore, she wasn't drawn to the Cosmos in the same way she was when she was in the Overspace. She was unable to free herself , if it isn't the time for the end.
It doesn't ultimately matter. We don't know the nature of the Waiting Room. We can speculate, sure, and a possibly rating might be in order, but not much else. All we know is that those might be connected, but ultimately separate. Furthermore, we don't know how the pilgrims pilgriming from one place to another. In Defenders we learned that it is possible to reach it from the lower realms, and while foggy on the topic in Krakoa era, I recall it trivialized WHR a lot.
It does matter. We already know the nature of the Waiting Room: it was craved from the seat of magic, a place where magic lives and grows. It exists outside the Cosmos and is the pathway to the White Hot Room. The White Hot Room represents life and death, while the Waiting Room is a space in between. We have seen that the clouds at the edge of the White Hot Room are exactly the same as those in the Waiting Room. In 'Defenders-Beyond,' traveling through planes of dimensions is not easy, the Defenders fought high-beings from the Mystery to transcend to another plane.
You've addressed everything but blade's durability and scans don't delve into the topic much as well.
How is this not delve into the topic?
The Edge of Reality exists beyond the cosmos, crafted from The Land of shouldn’t be, couldn’t be. Silver Surfer v7 (2014)

I never said that she could. My point is that the end of everything hasn't arrived yet. Therefore, she wasn't drawn to the Cosmos in the same way she was when she was in the Overspace. She was unable to free herself , if it isn't the time for the end.
The problem is that is your headcanon. The Griever in the Overspace never stated to be unable to travel between realities, and demonstrated the direct opposite.
The Universal Griever never stated being able to travel to the ends of reality too, and in fact we saw the opposite, as Reed had to send her there.
It does matter. We already know the nature of the Waiting Room: it was craved from the seat of magic, a place where magic lives and grows. It exists outside the Cosmos and is the pathway to the White Hot Room. The White Hot Room represents life and death, while the Waiting Room is a space in between. We have seen that the clouds at the edge of the White Hot Room are exactly the same as those in the Waiting Room. In 'Defenders-Beyond,' traveling through planes of dimensions is not easy, the Defenders fought high-beings from the Mystery to transcend to another plane.
Existing outside the cosmos does not automatically mean near the White Hot Room. And considering the WHR is also an Afterlife, one can assume the dead can go there on their own.
Besides, Magic was created by the Fifth Cosmos, correct? Which means the Room can’t be on the level of the WHR because it can't exceed the Magic itself, looking at the descriptions. And Magic is strictly a Multiversal concept, due to being at most equal to the Fifth Cosmos. (And in general, I don't remember any instance of it affecting anything above Multiversal stuff)
How is this not delve into the topic?
The Edge of Reality exists beyond the cosmos, crafted from The Land of shouldn’t be, couldn’t be. Silver Surfer v7 (2014)
And this means nothing to its durability. Mysterium was mined in the WHR, but I bet you’d never accept it being High 1-A in durability.

The problem is that is your headcanon. The Griever in the Overspace never stated to be unable to travel between realities, and demonstrated the direct opposite.
The Universal Griever never stated being able to travel to the ends of reality too, and in fact we saw the opposite, as Reed had to send her there.
The Omniversal-state was never stated to have the ability to travel dimensions either. Maybe she does, but her nature as the concept of the end of all things has limited her; she was born to serve the end, waiting for the time of the end to drawn her to the cosmos.
Existing outside the cosmos does not automatically mean near the White Hot Room. And considering the WHR is also an Afterlife, one can assume the dead can go there on their own.
Besides, Magic was created by the Fifth Cosmos, correct? Which means the Room can’t be on the level of the WHR because it can't exceed the Magic itself, looking at the descriptions. And Magic is strictly a Multiversal concept, due to being at most equal to the Fifth Cosmos. (And in general, I don't remember any instance of it affecting anything above Multiversal stuff)
That is not the point of what I was trying to convey. ' The White Hot Room represents life and death, while the Waiting Room is a space in between it ' , that's the whole point. And why can't the Waiting Room exist on the same plane as the White Hot Room?

•The Waiting Room was created by Chaos magic. Trial of magneto #3 We know that Chaos magic is a force moving between life and death. All magic requires Chaos magic; Fantastic four annual #1 (2023) it existed before the Cosmos and is one of the forces that created existence. Therefore, it would make sense if the Scarlet Witch, as the Living Darkhold, created a realm on the same plane as the White Hot Room and established a new point for the magic to lives and grows.

And this means nothing to its durability. Mysterium was mined in the WHR, but I bet you’d never accept it being High 1-A in durability.
They were created for different purposes. The Edge of Reality was designed to cut through the plane of dimensions and was able to harm the Never Queen with its edge. Its inherent composition allowed it to cut through realities, and even abstract entities could be harmed by it.

The Omniversal-state was never stated to have the ability to travel dimensions either. Maybe she does, but her nature as the concept of the end of all things has limited her; she was born to serve the end, waiting for the time of the end to drawn her to the cosmos.
Maybe, most likely, she does, as every other Abstract. And again, this statement is more likely to apply to her Universal state, especially considering how he says it, almost describing her past in FF. ("the Griever became an instant favorite")
That is not the point of what I was trying to convey. ' The White Hot Room represents life and death, while the Waiting Room is a space in between it ' , that's the whole point. And why can't the Waiting Room exist on the same plane as the White Hot Room?

•The Waiting Room was created by Chaos magic. Trial of magneto #3 We know that Chaos magic is a force moving between life and death. All magic requires Chaos magic; Fantastic four annual #1 (2023) it existed before the Cosmos and is one of the forces that created existence. Therefore, it would make sense if the Scarlet Witch, as the Living Darkhold, created a realm on the same plane as the White Hot Room and established a new point for the magic to lives and grows.
Yes, and I have failed to see how the Chaos magic isn't limited to the Eternity. It isn't the primordial spark of all creation, only of the universe.
My point was - magic is limited to Eternity, because all of it was created by Fifth Cosmos, who couldn't create something inside himself that is also stronger than him, and surpasses Beyonders. And according to "it was craved from the seat of magic, a place where magic lives and grows" - the Waiting Room clearly limited by magic.
And if you don't believe me, look through the explanation page you've linked, there's a reason magic is overall Low 1-A and not above (except maybe possibly far higher, which haven't been proven before).
They were created for different purposes. The Edge of Reality was designed to cut through the plane of dimensions and was able to harm the Never Queen with its edge. Its inherent composition allowed it to cut through realities, and even abstract entities could be harmed by it.
Its inherent composition allows it to cut anything, sure, but it is an ability. We don't know how durable it is. And harming Never Queen is clearly an outlier for the reasons I've already mentioned above.

Maybe, most likely, she does, as every other Abstract. And again, this statement is more likely to apply to her Universal state, especially considering how he says it, almost describing her past in FF. ("the Griever became an instant favorite")
How?? What about her domain that exists at the void in Scarlet witch series?
Yes, and I have failed to see how the Chaos magic isn't limited to the Eternity. It isn't the primordial spark of all creation, only of the universe.
My point was - magic is limited to Eternity, because all of it was created by Fifth Cosmos, who couldn't create something inside himself that is also stronger than him, and surpasses Beyonders. And according to "it was craved from the seat of magic, a place where magic lives and grows" - the Waiting Room clearly limited by magic.
And if you don't believe me, look through the explanation page you've linked, there's a reason magic is overall Low 1-A and not above (except maybe possibly far higher, which haven't been proven before).
Wasn't everything came from the Big Bang?

•Chaos magic, often referred to as (Primordial Chaos), is believed to have existed before all creation and played a role in forming everything, Spider-Man Vol. 4 .Annual 001 (2023) including possibilities and Orders. The Waiting Room, a space where magic lives and grows, was crafted from Chaos magic. Since Chaos magic existed before the laws of magic were established, it is not limited by these laws. And don't ignore the fact that the WHR is life and death and the WTR is a space in between it.
Its inherent composition allows it to cut anything, sure, but it is an ability. We don't know how durable it is. And harming Never Queen is clearly an outlier for the reasons I've already mentioned above.
The ability originated from its inherent composition edge. Why is this considered an outlier? The Edge of Reality first appeared in Silver Surfer v7 (2014). How is it classified as an outlier?

Back