• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling of the Class 75-100 Marvel characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Currently the characters that the Marvel handbook has placed in category 6 (class 75 to class 100) in strength, are scaled from The Thing's "Low Planet level" feat.

However, if I remember correctly, the OBD apparently considers this feat as an outlier, and has placed Thing as Country or Continent level.

Hence, I wonder if you know of any other, more reliable, feats for Iron Man, Thing, or other characters that the handbook placed at their strength level?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The sun's heat energy is like Multi-City Block Level. An increase in less than half of the temperature won't be much more impressive.

TheMightyRegulator said:
The sun's heat energy is like Multi-City Block Level. An increase in less than half of the temperature won't be much more impressive.
I see. Thanks. I'll look for more.

Gemmysaur said:
Would this work?
Iron Man at 73% Unibeam one-shot Graviton. His Unibeam was above 10,000k while the sun's surface is 5,700+k according to google.
About graviton,his greatest feat was lifting a 4 mile land mass,this should put him at large city level+,i think(OFC cities are smaller in my country :p) And his concussive gravity blasts/waves are about 20,000 pounds of TNT in force.(explosive equivalent about 3 tomahawk cruise missiles)

And 10k kelvin isn't really that much when you consider there are VHT nuclear reactors that consistently stay at a temprature of 1KC,Tony can create a better and more efficient reactor.

But this feat isn't enough to warrant a small planet level+

Here are the characters in this wiki within this category:

Blastaar

Colossus

Iron Man

Namor

Rhino

Sandman

Super Skrull

Terrax

The Thing

War Machine

Also, the 44 teratons seem to be from Mole Man's machine, not from The Thing himself.

Terrax is kind of a special case though. He has far more powerful cosmic powers than his strength alone, and also has his cosmic axe for additional damage.

Ditto for Super-Skrull. He is only about as strong as the Thing in terms of strength alone though.

The Thing was much stronger than normal at the time, and power-scaling does not work for Marvel.

No. The gray Hulk did that feat. However, again, power-scaling does not work for Marvel.

Anyway, do we have any other feats to scale them by?

I like that feat. It's impressive and yet not really since it fried his armor's circuits or something. Also, it's a low-end since its a very outdated armor, methinks anyway.

Country-level for an old armor.

I agree that the calc should be checked first though.

Okay. I am busy with the daily backlog, but could you politely ask all of the calculation group members to take a look at if it seems accurate, and if it does not, possibly recalculate it?

You can tell them that I sent you, and to respond here.

It's based on quite a few assumptions though Iron Man is consistently noted to be Hypersonic. Was it stated that Iron Man couldn't dodge it?

Looks fine but I would rather take the KE values by itself (so just KE or just frag, with KE having the better value I believe)

-Alakabamm

not too sure about the second part, it seems iffy,

but at least the 104 MT thing seems fine

-The Living Tribunal1

Okay. Thank you for keeping us informed.

I have now rescaled all of the relevant above listed characters from Iron Man's island-busting feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back