• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling AP to Striking Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't Boros nearly dead after tanking his own attack, or I'm confusing it with another attack? Shouldn't scale to durability if the character barely survive, the value of of durability if for moderated damage.

Super Perfect Cell got killed by 50% SSJ2 Gohan's Kamehameha. His durability does not receive scaling from his AP, so yes, he's getting affected.

Kepekley23 said:
Super Perfect Cell got killed by 50% SSJ2 Gohan's Kamehameha. His durability does not receive scaling from his AP, so yes, he's getting affected.
Even a weakened SS2 Gohan is still 4-B.

I don't recall Boros tanking anything related to the CSRC at all, I think that his dura scales from his AP because Boros and Garou scale from each other or something like that

Super Perfect Cell was confident he could match full power SSJ2 Gohan. Then Gohan got reduced to only half of his power and his Kamehameha was still powerful enough to obliterate Cell.

His durability should be downgraded to "At least High 4-C".

I don't think that Gohan is that much above baseline solar system level, and considering that the attack destroyed Cell to a cellular leve, his AP with his "strongest" attack is way above Cell's durability.

Kaltias said:
I don't recall Boros tanking anything related to the CSRC at all, I think that his dura scales from his AP because Boros and Garou scale from each other or something like that
We cannot use that anymore, Kalt. Look a Psycho Mob page, he is not scaled to Tatsumaki. So, they will likely get downgraded.

Of course the issue here is that we have to scout out verses who scale to storm feats to begin with to make sure they follow the logic we agreed upon here.

Btw I read the part above and my opinion is basically this:

Storm creation, flooding, creating explosions etc scale to general AP (unless they are via a special technique above everything else or something).

So, a character whose storm creation yields 16 megatons can be assumed to use non-physical attacks of comparable energy output.

If nothing points towards said character having a striking strength in the same ballpark, it doesn't scale.

If there is evidence pointing towards the opposite (like harming people who can survive the energy blasts) then it scales to SS.

This also applies to durability.

I now realize [since i know how this revision will affect verses] that i made a mistake by agreeing with this, i know that users wants consistency in the pages, but it will decrease their quality by filling them with Unknown ratings and lead to some verses to be rescaled.

Well, if some staff members want to handle this as a side-project on their own, I suppose that is fine, but I don't want to make this into a massive forced revision. We already have Assaltwaffle's tier revision to take care of.

This does not seem important enough to suddenly start to involve the entire staff. We tend to have a maximum of one major revision per vacation period, and this one is reserved for Assaltwaffle's project.

Ant, i think maybe if it will affect more than 200 pages. Also if Pokémon [they are scaled to a storm feat] will be affected, along with many other verses.

Dark649 said:
Ant, i think maybe not since it will affect more than 200 pages if Pokémon [they are scaled to a storm feat] will be affected, along with many other verses.
Pokemon fine . Pokemon can be harmed by weather attacks hence the durability then would scale and pokemon can also punch and harm the same pokemon that endure weather attacks and techniques from top pokemon fighters meaning the scaling works eventually.

Edit:Yeah staff only but letting ya be aware so ya dont worry.

Alakazam's telekinetic prowess for a move that does no damage <<<<<<<<<<<< Alakazam's telekinetic prowess for a move that does do damage.

The reason why it does no damage is because it isn't focused on killing someone. It's the same amount of energy.

But yeah, no reason to think that Alakazam's telekinesis becomes orders of magnitude when used against clouds compared to slamming someone into the ground with Psychic.

Verses I know that aren't affected.

Pokemon- Alakazam has bo reason to have weaker telekinetic powers when attacking than when moving clouds. Plus, everyone can take a ranged attack from him. Matter of fact this guy is a pure ranged fighter.

Digimon- All feats were done by mere presence. Character can tank non phyilsical attacks from them and can match their power.

Soul Calibur: Done by just unleashing some of their power. Same as above.

If a user can generate that kind of energy, then they can put that kind of energy into something else. I don't see any reason to make a distinction. It doesn't mean every attack they do is going to be at that level (obviously, just like how not every body movement I make is going to be 10-A), but it does mean that full-powered physical strikes definitely can reach the same level if the same amount of energy is put into it.

Of course it's not going to work like that any time. But if they are capable of generating that energy, and their body is capable of withstanding the energy that they generate, I don't see how they shouldn't scale physically. Energy is energy, and it doesn't come from nowhere.

If they can generate that energy with their energy blasts, storms or whatever, they can only be assumed to be able to punch with that strength if there are actual feats, such as them harming people who can tank their blasts. Otherwise we shouldn't assume it.

So, to be clear, anyone who change the weather indirectly (like punch or blasts) could scale to ST and Durability, only limited by outlier/consistency; and characters that affects the weather directly, and only the weather, it wouldn't scale to other stats by default, and proof would be need to do otherwise. Right?

I will bring more examples here, if there are more verses than expected i will make the blog, if not i will not do so:

- Mortal Kombat: Raiden creates and controls a thunderstorm, done by his presence and he can use that power for defense and striking porpouses since he is the god of thunder.

- King of Fighters: Both Goenitz [High 7-A] and Verse [6-C] both have storm feats, but they were done easily and without there is not seen effort from them.

- Bakuga: Comparable to other low-tier Bakugan, which are capable of creating massive hurricanes, i might remember that they can take the storm attack and harm each other normally.

Others:

- This Dracula: Likely will affect his dura.

@Antonio

If your punch splits the Earth's atmosphere in two, it definitely scales to Striking Strength.

If you create a storm, it scales to your AP, but not your durability and Striking Strength, unless the feats suggest otherwise.

@Kepekley, yeah, thanks for clearing that. So, I guess that I mention the verses that I known: I never scale my verse to these kind of stuff, it wouldn't be a problem, verses that could have issues are Shovel Knight and Lilo & Stitch.

@AN Again, Weather Manipulation and Super Strength are two different superpowers. If we wouldn't assume that someone who can shatter a mountain with a punch can also magically poof a thunderstorm into existence without evidence, we shouldn't assume vice versa without evidence.

@Antonio Lilo and Stitch is fine, the fireball with the 6-B feat has been dealt with through physical means

Nah it was becaush Splodey's fireball cleared a large amount of clouds over Hawaii, the same fireball that has both been tanked by several experimentws as well as matched by their powers

@Dark649

Thank you for the help.

@All

So, does anybody have a suggestion for how we should inform people about this standard, and what to write?

We do not tend to write scaling information in the editing rules.

The striking strength page should be fine though.

"Please note that Striking Strength doesn't automatically scale from Attack Potency unless there are Feats suggesting otherwise. For example, if a character used their strongest energy blast to vaporize a city, it would only scale to their physical strength if they were able to harm opponents that can withstand the aforementioned energy blast, or vice-versa."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back