• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

DJ nods as everyone takes the ride. The inside is weirdly confy for a military grade vehicle.

And as you pass through the streets, the lights of the city burn themselves into your minds. Finally, you can comprehend the scale of the city, it's buildings streaching far into the skys, the skyscrappers cutting through the clouds. When the car enters the city, something out of a lucid dream comes into view.

"Welcome to Las Vegas."

Highways criss-crossing overhead, colorful buzzling shops and stores, merchants cutting through the crowds of people in mechanical vans... and the people, too, flash a sense of style akin to it's surroundings. Colorful clothes, hair styles that would put mohawks to shame, cables extending from their body, and to those with x-ray vision, cybernetic enhancements is common among the crowd, although not everyone has it. It's a busy, busy city.

The group is dropped off in front of a hotel named "Liberty". The news are seen in a giant projection screen in the sky. Zeppelis fly across the sky, with the words "festival" plastered across it. Several stores and shops are in view too. The crowd is busy.

I look around me as the forest starts to light up and get ready to jump again...but stop once Eldur shows up and starts putting out the fire. I catch some strange metal cube that he throws at me. I look at it.

"What is this?"

Dy1 is just amazed at the sight of all of this. Despite being a robot... he does not come from a very futuristic place, so he is amazed by the mere sight of this.

Karlos looks at his surroundings, seeing something like this is still amazing. He chuckles at Dy1’s amazement.

“Wait, it was Vegas the whole time?”
Loads gun "Always has been"

"... Well, back onto my train of thought from earlier... allow me to check the date."

Colis goes to a nearby shop, looking for a calendar, or anything that would indicate what year they're in.

... this place is certainly different.

It certainly looks like a futuristic city, yeah, but I don't quite see where the dystopian part comes from outside of it being rather crowded.

I follow Colis.

Astraea's eyes light up at the sight of the city and all the technology within, betraying her usual calmness as she took in everything she could see.

"Ahem. Maybe we should check out the festival they're mentioning on the zeppelins and stuff. There might be clues there or something." She suggests

"You recognize the name? I've never heard of Vegas."
"... It's something that appeared in my world as well. Las Vegas, a city infamous for gambling and wild parties... Wasn't privy to it myself but plenty of my associates loved taking trips there, so I was dragged along."

“You know, I bet I could make quite the killing out here with my music. Hey Orpheus, what if we like, teamed up for some sorta performance?” He turned his head to the musician.

I feel a little dazed looking around the place. There’s… so much. After a moment, I snap out of it, and run after the others, and catch up just in time to hear what Dy1 said.
“That sounds more like failed extortion than a bet…”

DJ and S enter the hotel to book a room for everyone, since it's likely they'll spend more than a day here. They tell the team to behave themselves.

Colis and Austin, passing through a blazing crowd, find themselves on a convenience store. It is much quieter around these parts, but the technological buzz of the city's design follows even here. Alongside your usual items, there's also some more exotic things, like neon drinks, giant batteries and some weird syringes. A calender hangs close to the door. 09/06/2076.

On the city, people from the crowd would look funny at the group, which isn't strange as they don't fit with the rest of the crowd at all. This is futher amplified by Karlos summoning a boat and flying upwards.

Feel as though that's some kind of advanced offshoot of heroin, but ignoring that...

"2076... This does seem a bit impossible for only 60 years, but I'm sure that's what Abraham Lincoln thought about human flight, before it was achieved and commercialized, so the stereo sphere might not necessarily be directly responsible for it. A power source, on the other hand, might have it's uses. That said, where to look... a power company would probably be best, but..."

Colis simply enhances his hearing and listens in on the hustle and bussle, trying to hear if anyone's ordinary conversations could provide insight into where to go next.

Nade just saw the people and decided to scan the area, he needed data such as who was the Head of the place, the coin of this world, the telephone numbers and above all, he search for information about what happened about Godzilla vs King Kong

@Faruel1998

Beside the fact that it's made of nanomachines, you can't tell anything about the cube.

@DragonEmperor23

As soon as the cube touches your hand, it turns into a liquid-like state and quickly spreads across your hand and up your arm, covering them with a mettalic-colour material that is visibly blocking the heat and flames that your body generates from spreading into the surrondings.

After the subtance [if it's able to] finished completly wrapping around your body, you would be met with a GUI [Think Iron Man for reference], which beside allowing you to see the ouside world, would let you see as a pop-up tab the fuctionalities of the armor, it's name and creator.

Mark I Anti-Meltdown Suit by N.O.M.A.​

Main Fuctions​

• Absorbs passivelly generated energy and allows to store it up for later use
  • Allows to channel attacks
  • Grants the user a healing factor and pain immunity
  • Multiple sensors
  • High-Vibration backhand blades
  • Onboard A.I. assistant
  • Has immunity against matter control

Custom Options​

• Customize suit's look
  • Customize A.I. assistant

Last edited:
The people take out their cellphones and start recording Karlos and the rest of the group.

Colis search is heavily impacted by the surrounding area getting distracted by Karlos and his boat, but he manages to hear "what are you gonna wear for the festival" and "has it really gotten that bad" among the crowd.

Nade's internet scan reveals that the president of the USA is named Ricky John McCartney. The currency is dollar. Telephone number for emergencies is the same as always. Godzilla vs King Kong was a cinematic disaster that tainted the Godzilla name for years.

Hmm... Approach the source of "has it really gotten that bad?". Knowing cyberpunk like this, it's likely that the source of woe may be from corporations being able to go full force on their greed. Then again... it's not as though Colis has entirely refrained from such acts, even if he was in a time where it couldn't be so overt.

Thanks to Noma being a cyborg and havingw hite hair, she fits quite well into the city unlike her companions, so she decided to split off and search around on her own, looking for either an electronics store or a database area.

Furthermore, she would attempt to connect to the internet of the place to find out the most recent important news about the city.

I watch in silence as the suit forms around me. As I notice that my aura is no longer setting aflame to my surroundings, I take a spot against a tree and begin to meditate.

The support A.I. of the suit would provide any kind of calming/relaxing music or nature background sounds if Silas so chooses.

Back