• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sariel and Tarmiel resistance

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
The resistance makes sense, but is the second really sealing? He's just covering them in darkness. If anything it seems similar to what happens when a Gray Demon uses Dark Snow.

The wiki just says characters can be sealed within a "containment item"/"container". They also can't move in it in their suppressed states, as seen in the next panel.

Sure, that makes sense then. I was only thinking of Mafuba-type stuff but the wiki also refers to sealing movement.

Okay. Feel free to perform the changes then.

i thought this was on their profiles already but yeah i agreed cause it was stated somewhere else i think that the Angels were immune to the 10cs

@Malik

It does make more sense, i just wasn't sure.

Ludoshel/Tarmiel/Sariel resist:

Age Manipulation (Pacifism)

Mind Manipulation (Piety/Selflessness)

Power Nullification (Love)

Petrification (Truth)

and whatever Faith is (Fire Manipulation? No idea)

They also resist generic curses.

I'd say fire manipulation also, one that bypasses durability specifically.

What do you think about the Commandments not being affected by the other commandments? Should they get the resistances too?

I actually don't agree with that because no one wanted to kill around grayroad and Galands own commandment effected himself

The Commandments are immune to all Commandments except their own. That's not speculation, it comes from one of Nakaba's question and answers in the chapters.

The only ones that expressed fear of killing around Grayroad were the good guys.

He didn't retcon anything lol

They're still affected by their own Commandments. They were never affected by the others.

I wasn't around when it was classified so I couldn't tell you the original reasoning, but it wasn't described as halting movement.

• Slader said, "I can't muster any strength into my hands to wield my sword."
  • Simon said, "What's happening?! I can't use my magic either..."
  • Howzer said, "Why can't we summon any strength in the face of these wretched demons?!"
  • Gilthunder then also said that none of them could even move toward Estarossa.
And Estarossa said that the victims lose their means to harm others, aka lose all their bodily strength and lose the ability to perform their magic abilities.

It was probably decided as Power Null because it prevents the opponent from using any of their strength or magic.

I think it's stated somewhere that he stopped the revenge counter by nulling it.

aw yeah i forgot but his profile says thats the reason he could negate the revenge counter lol, i always thought Estarrosa was just that strong to bad

My interpretation of the instance against Mel and Revenge Counter was he stopped Mel which in turn stopped the Revenge Counter from setting off. Cause he doesn't turn off/nullify abilities but he stops the user.

i think he nullified the ability cause revenge counter had already went off cause its a energy blast and we saw the light from the sword when he attacked and Mael was in the middle of that light before he touched the sword thats when everything stopped

Malikobama1 said:
What do you think about the Commandments not being affected by the other commandments? Should they get the resistances too?
I don't remember any specific cases of resistance to other Commandments. I think there have been a few, but those may have more been cases of plot.

Anyway, your other comment shows nabaka said so. So I guess they should have resistance.

AstralKing7 said:
i think he nullified the ability cause revenge counter had already went off cause its a energy blast and we saw the light from the sword when he attacked and Mael was in the middle of that light before he touched the sword thats when everything stopped
Except it didn't go off. After Mel swings Revenge Counter across his chest it goes off and explodes it out.

Against the 10C he hadn't finished swining, Estarossa stops him mid-swing and the explosion hadn't set off yet.

Estarossa negated the explosion and the power thats how it looks to me cause just before he touched the sword in another panel we can see light spreading over their bodies

Before you guys continue debating the semantics of Love and nullification, I know why it was classified as Power Nullification. According to the definition of Power Null this wiki uses, Love fits perfectly.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Nullification

"Magic Forbiddence: Techniques and abilities that allow, one way or another, to completely block the source of magical influences, that is, to deprive the target of the ability to use magic and spells."

It's extremely cut and dry according to the standards this site uses.

I've updated Ludoshel, Tarmiel, Sariel, and the Supreme Deity with the resistances granted by her Divine Protection. I've also updated the description of the Goddess' Holy Manipulation power to say "disintegrates darkness" instead of "breaks down demons" because that's what the manga actually says it does.

I was actually thinking about revising that as well.

Back