• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dargoo Faust said:
Makes sense, you can probably close this then.
GET DUNKED ONNNNN
Do you mean this by agreed?

Because this exists:

Dargoo Faust said:
Actually Azzy has a good point. I was under the impression Sans would instantly danmaku her to death, but that's sort of assuming she makes no moves of her own, and Weiss is reasonably good at dodging projectiles.

Recinding my previous comment, this is more of a desisive victory. Weiss can kill Sans, it's just unlikely.

No, he starts with gravity manip downwards, then a wall from the side, then ghaster blasters. And I already answered how that goes. Even if weiss just... does nothing to attack sans, him trying to plaster her to the ground will do litirally nothing due to her being 440.528634 stronger than someone who could still jump while affected by gravity manip. And no, the amount of weight frisk can carry does not change with their LV, so gravity would affect their 10-C self the same way it would their 7-C. (And no, his gravity does not exert enough force to hurt you, that's just his dura ignoration. Disagree? Make a crt to give him "7-C with gravity manipulation")

But for the last time, thread removal, not here.

No he doesnt, he starts with Danmaku, its literally his opening move

Dont debate on the debate thread?

I've played the game. Sans indeed first slams the player into the floor, and then proceeds to danmaku the shit out of them.

So yes, he leads with gravity and soon after, danmaku.

Firstly, danmaku is like saying "x starts with reality warping". It's extremly broad. He starts with gravity manipulation downwards, then he sends a wall of bones from the left, and then he uses ghaster blasters to shoot in crosses.

Not on a finished debate thread where you are the only one left arguing over something others changed their mind about.

And pixel agreed with my point, not yours.

Also did you miss this?:

She can just jump over them. Because they aren't even 5 meters tall to be honest. And her soul would fit through.

Okay, let me be more specific: He leads with nuking the battlefield with all of his attacks all at once.

Proof that she can jump over them? And Sans can just slam her back down onto them if she tries.

No he doesn't. He does thatm after sparing. I litirally went step by step in what he does and why weiss can survive it.

They are five meters tall if I highball them, probably only half that, weiss constantly jumps higher than that. And gravity manip is to weak to stop the amount of momentum she can have, and she can use glyphs as stepping stones.

Wih this tough, I'll stop commenting here, because this thread is alredy finished. Go to the thread removal, "gladly" as you said, and discuss it there.

And i went step by step explaining how she cant survive it

Sans' gravity manip brings her down if she tries to jump

That is exactly what you have to do when you make a claim like Weiss has no way to win despite multiple people saying otherwise

Feel free to, some proper arguments would be nice.

But please, remember to leave out "gravity crushes her" (Someone with not even superhuman lifting strength could move and jump around), "he danmaku blasts her before she does anything" (He starts with gravity downwards, which she is too strong to be anything but surprised by. After that, a bunch of bones come out of the ground, but are relatively easy to dodge as she is not plastered to the ground. After that a bunch of bones come from her left, but there is no reason why she can't jump over them by stepping on glyphs [remember, sans lacks the strength to slam her hard enough to break them] or just going to the side since they aren't in a side-scroller and that can't be any wider than it is tall. Ghaster Blasters have seconds of charge, and would need to travel several meters before they reach her [Them being instantaneous is game mechanics, unless you wish to make a crt to put sans' blasters at infinite in speed].), nor can you use "she can't get close to him" (Frisk, a much less maneuverable child could, and it is in no way game mechanics]. And let's not ignore that Weiss could shoot a few times at him and he'd be forced to halt attacks to dodge 'em, and that he has no experience dodging anything more complicated than a one-directional charge from someone slower). Oh, you also can't really use the "she can't one-shot" (Between him not wanting to fight, and Weiss wanting to hurt him, and her being high 8-C [8-B to be] is just ridiculous.). He also can't and doesn't teleport spam, and as Dargoo pointed out teleportation in no way means being untaggable, especially when it uses stamina, and "others wanted it closed too" is obviously neither an argument, nor does it count when they either failed to explain why, or just changed their mind.

Boy did that become a wonderfull wall of text.

Before i write it im just going to point out that no, Weiss cannot just 'shoot him a few times', all of her attacks that let her shoot things require her to stand still for a few seconds and concentrate

Since when does it take Sans time to set up attacks? Even the Gaster Blasters only allow a split second to react and he makes several of them one immediately after the other to make it difficult to dodge

A split second? They take a few seconds to star working.

And the one where he makes the platforms plain gives you up to tens seconds to without needing to do overly much

Also, sans can only do so much one after the other, and his attacls being separated is not game mechanics, since stuff like dialoyge, and his stamina, wouldn't work otherwise.

Gravity manip doesn't ever make anything impossible to dodge. It just means that the PC has to jump, and not just fly. Weiss has legs. She has class K lifting strength and tier 8 AP. She can jump.

Why does everyone immediately assume that Sans is a god-master of unavoidable attacks and dodging? His only feat is catching a kid with debatable danmaku-dodging skill off guard and avoiding melee knife swipes. Weiss, unlike Frisk/Chara, is professionally trained in actual combat, and has a wide variety of techniques and attacks. She should at the very least be capable of keeping up with Sans's attacks and putting some pressure on him. (Again, a kid of questionable skill managed to wear the guy out by swinging a knife at him.)

Timesmashaperil said:
His only feat is catching a kid with debatable danmaku-dodging skill off guard and avoiding melee knife swipes.
Uh, that kid was able to fight an amped up Undyne, who at a younger age, was able to somewhat put up a fight against Asgore, who fought in a literal war. The kid is far from a master fighter, but they aren't completely unskilled as you say.

To be fair, literally no humans died in that war. The impressive part is that asgore survived at all.

They fought against them with the aid of being able to die as many times as it took for them to figure out their opponent's attack patterns. It's hard to make any judgements on Frisk's skill when they had the ability to brute-force their way through every encounter via indefinite resurrection. And again, the kid managed to pressure Sans from melee range, and Weiss has projectile-based attacks on her side.

Timesmashaperil said:
They fought against them with the aid of being able to die as many times as it took for them to figure out their opponent's attack patterns. It's hard to make any judgement on Frisk's skill when they had the ability to brute-force their way through every encounter via indefinite resurrection. And again, the kid managed to pressure Sans from melee range, and Weiss has projectile-based attacks on her side.
Saying "a kid" sounds like a downplay. I am not debating Weiss doesn't have a better shot, I do think Weiss has a better chance than Frisk. But saying the kid is completely unskilled would be false.

One more thing I should mention is that Frisk does have a literal gun and could have used that, and sans would dodge that with no difficulty.

But once again, I'm pointing out facts and I'm not trying to give a stance further than that.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to imply that Frisk was unskilled, however. Only that it can't be assumed that Sans is capable of dodging anything when fighting Frisk is his only real feat. A lot of Sans fights tend to overestimate his dodging ability.

And also, the gun Frisk has is an empty one, so it's really impossible to say if they're actually firing it at their enemies or not, though the attacking animation seemingly implies it.

And i will continue to argue it because it is correct, Weiss has no way to even potentially damage Sans here

Most everyone here is done arguing as everything that is needed to be said has been said.

When grace is finished and this is added you can make your case to the VS Thread Removal thread; if that isn't enough (and I'll make sure to respond as necessary), that's sort of too bad.

Gladly, i'll add it to the list with the other threads ive been meaning to get removed for faulty reasoning

I actually kinda agree with Weekly that this really is a stomp here. I really don't see how Weiss can reasonably win this, ever.

Well, we have repeated several ways. Don't know why people think sans can dodge stuff like weiss making a glyph under him like weekly argues in other threads.

But again, bring it up in the removal thread, I'l just copypaste things there.

Back