• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Because Sans can teleport away from anything Weiss throws at him including glyphs and ranged attacks, his intangible attacks bypass her aura, her stronger attacks need her to be stationary for her to use, and gravity manip makes any mobility skill including her speed amp useless

Reopening this to clarify that if Sans vs another 8-C who can reasonably kill him is considered an actual stomp, literally any and every current and future Sans match where he loses to someone who is physically far stronger than he is because they can one-shot him should also, in all cases, be considered stomps.

I don't know if this means he can reasonably be allowed to fight someone outside of 8-C unless that character is brain dead or has no AoE whatsoever.

Kinda need to determine what actually counts as a stomp with this guy before declaring 8-C vs 8-C a stomp and being done with it.

Except Weiss cant reasonably kill him, she cant do anything to him

Althought i agree Sans is his own can of worms as to what is a stomp

I'd disagree on her not being able to reasonably kill him. Sans can win through his abilities, but it's not like he just has to snap his fingers and Weiss is suddenly dead.

Her wincon is "land probably a handful of hits, at most", which is perfectly possible as she isn't limited to melee range. Sans being more likely to land the hits he needs first does not mean Weiss cannot kill him before he does, especially considering even though both are 8-C, her AP is above his, anyway. This feels far more "decisive" than "stomp-ish".

Though yes, Sans needs to have better defined stomps. Something like "opponent who is ten or more tiers higher lands unavoidable hit on Sans the second the fight starts" often isn't considered a stomp with him for some reason, which seems to stem solely from the fact he's fought someone much stronger than him in canon (someone with limited range who could still murder him in one hit).

But...he does. All he has to do is raise his hand slightly and she gets impaled by intangible soul destroying bones, teleported into a wall of intangible soul destroying bones, or ragdolled to death.

All of her ranged attacks he can see coming and teleport away from or she needs to be stationary to use.

I don't think anything, aside from the initial grabbing of her soul, actually prevents her from having an opportunity to dodge. When Sans teleports you, there's always a chance to move out of the way, even if you're only given a second's notice (unless we're treating that as game mechanics or something, I don't actually know).

Him being able to dodge her ranged attacks is true, but it's not as if he's guaranteed to dodge every single one. That may be one of his main skills, but he's not flawless by any means, and Weiss actually outranges his primary attacks, which isn't an advantage to be completely ignored.

Him pinning her in place with gravity manip would

Yes we treat it as game mechanics, the size of the gap she would have to dodge through is the size of a small child, she wouldnt be able to get through his wall of bones

Why wouldnt he be able to? At that range he has ample opportunity to see and avoid them, and even if she lands a glyph that restrains him or freezes him or grav traps him he can teleport out of it

I don't think he ever demonstrated the ability to pin someone. Just to toss them around and change their "gravity".

I think restraining him is less important than if a couple of actually damaging hits land on him, he's dead.

Also, I legitimately don't know what we do and don't consider game mechanics with Sans' use of his abilities at this point, so IDK, man. Might be better to get that and the stomp stuff sorted before using him at all.

Flinging them into the ground or walls while simultaneously summoning rows of bones to impale them on. Also isnt his final attack basically pinning the opponent?

But thats the problem, he can very clearly see all her ranged attacks as they either glow brightly or have a slight charging period, more than enough of a tell for him to dodge whatever she can throw at him.

I know very little about Sans other than whats on the profile and what people tell me about him, im not really the best person to make a thread about him

Weiss losing due to not starting with a certain move doesn't make the match a stomp btw because she still has a way to win

Its not that she's not starting with a certain move, its that no matter what move she starts with she cant do anything to Sans

Actually Azzy has a good point. I was under the impression Sans would instantly danmaku her to death, but that's sort of assuming she makes no moves of her own, and Weiss is reasonably good at dodging projectiles.

Recinding my previous comment, this is more of a desisive victory. Weiss can kill Sans, it's just unlikely.

Well everything ''is'' dodgable except when he just starts bashing you against the walls and when he baits you into dropping your guard. You got a tinny window to jump when he tries to throw you into other attacks.

Sans pinning you in place is something he only does after he hits you with I don't know how many barrages of attacks.

Even then he can't even attack when doing that; it prevents both sides from attacking.

That's gravity manipulation, not pinning Weiss down in a specific attack. Weiss can counter by using a glyph to launch her away from whatever direction he puts her in.

Even then, wouldn't Aura protect Weiss from Sans' attacks, since it's a soul-based sheild?

@Super The attacks are dodgeable by someone half Weiss' size who had fought Sans multiple times to learn his attack pattern. Weiss cant dodge his attacks.

Of course Weiss can dodge his attacks. Pseudo-Flight especially helps with that.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Super The attacks are dodgeable by someone half Weiss' size who had fought Sans multiple times to learn his attack pattern. Weiss cant dodge his attacks.
lol u can dodge those hitless on your first try. and the size of the person is irrelevent considering it doesn't even hurt your body, but your soul.

That's assuming Weiss uses her abilities first. Sans leads with gravityhax, then Weiss would counter by correcting her gravity, and so on.

Most of Sans' attacks are hard to dodge only because you're limited to the ground/whatever platform he's forcing you on. Weiss directly counters that.

Sans leads with spamming gravity hax, bones, and Gaster Blasters all at the same time. No matter what Weiss does she cant win here

Gravity manip gets nulled by itself?

Also a reminder that when you kill sans besides having mid godly frisk would be inferior to Weiss attackeise and mobility wise.

He does. And they can be dodged, especially if you can counter the gravityhax with platforms and your own gravityhax.

@Wok Frisk can fit through the gaps in the bones, Weiss cannot. Even if she tries to dodge through them she dies

@Dargoo Trying to counter the gravity manip with her own just sitcks her to the ground and gets her hit with a wall of bones

Superweeb2987 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
lol u can dodge those hitless on your first try. and the size of the person is irrelevent considering it doesn't even hurt your body, but your soul.

They're not an instant kill, though. They need to touch you for a bit for that to happen. Weiss's attacks on the other hand, he's not gonna take so well. Also time slow would make dodging easy. Sans doesn't just hold you down in a corner and shoot you to death.

Back