• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Terrible matchup. We only know that Sans is Tier 9B, while Mel is 6C, possibly higher as he's literally matching Estarossa post timeskip without demon mark. So if Mel attacks, Sans is dead, if Sans uses any hax, it's a stalemate or Mel dies. There's literally no argument to be made there.

@Thunder Did you check Sans' profile? All you said is "Mei is stronger but Sans has hax so it's a stomp", which is 100% of Sans' matches.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Thunder Did you check Sans' profile? All you said is "Mei is stronger but Sans has hax so it's a stomp", which is 100% of Sans' matches.
I did. That's the point. Sans would physically lose. If he uses any of his hax abilities, he'd win. Mel doesn't have any useful hax to fight against sans. But Sans defeated multiversal characters with way higher stats and more hax than Mel. The only thing Mel actually can resist is soul manipulation.

..Again that's 100% of Sans' matches. He is ALWAYS outclassed physically by his opponent, and ALWAYS has to rely on his hax. None of them were closed due to being "stomps".

Yeah but those fights are hax fights, not physical vs hax, because physical doesn't have a chance against him. And Mel has almost no hax. Durability negation, can reflect magic attacks, can make a spooky lizard appear and can create clones of himself. That's it. While Mel has to rely on his physical strength for his fights in the manga, Sans defeats his enemies JUST with hax.

>Hax fights

Broly, Terrarian, Ness, Goku Black, Spiderman. All those people have very little hax. These weren't fights that hinged on hax. Even then, Sans tends to face people with minor hax. Nowhere near BB, Reinhard, Novel Kars and such of hax.

Seriously some characters had even less hax than Mei and won against Sans (The Terrarian). You're exaggerating his hax. At best, they only allow him to deal fast scratch damage regardless of durability.

Yeah, that's all great, but what CAN Mel do to Sans? None of Sans' attacks are magic so he can't reflect them, he can try to fight him but if we go by Standard battle assumptions, Sans' forte is over distance and Mel is the complete opposite, any form of distance with equalized speed would be impossible to close for Mel so Sans can just keep his distance. If they're in melee range, Mel can wipe the floor with him due to physical advantage.

Also, out of those chars you mentioned, only one isn't above Tier 4, and the one that's tier 5A - Terrarian has hax. The thing is, Mel has NO way to resist his reality warp and spatial and gravity manipulation.

What? 100% of Sans' attacks are magic. That's the whole point of monsters. By SBA, Sans would still be in Meliodas' range IIRC, so the point is kinda moot.

Also, "stomp via range" has never been a thing. This isn't enough to declare a match a stomp.

Sans doesn't use either of those for offensive purposes. He doesn't need resistance to it. Just need to be versatile enough to hit Sans.

Why are you bringing up Tier? It doesn't matter here.

The thing is, the kind of magic attacks Mel can reflect is something that you can see - lightning, fire, etc. He tried to reflect King's Disaster but it didn't do jack shit.

It wouldn't be a stomp via range, but there's no way to close the distance, and Sans could just keep running away. With speed equalized there's no way for Mel to hit him.

Aaaaand there you have it. He's just not that versatile. He could attempt to do the air slashes but what's their speed? It's definitely not FTL, and both of them are.

And I'm bringing up tier 'cause just via high power they can destroy stuff. If Spiderman can say... destroy a solar system, it doesn't matter if he can catch Sans, he can just destroy everything in the area, including Sans. While Mel stops at Island, maybe large island with the Chapter 230. It still doesn't guarantee a victory tho. Mel doesn't have the way to attack him, that actually could happen to somehow hurt him. His Kami Chigiri took several seconds to go from him to that tower off which Elizabeth's sister jumped off, so that won't ever reach Sans.

I mean Sans' attacks are bones. Just bones. They're visible enough to me.

"There is no way Mel can hit him", except that their speed is equal and Sans starts in range.

So? He loses. Don't claim it's a stomp just because he loses.

"Both of them are [FTL]" ??? Both are Massively Hypersonic+.

Destructive Capacity was only a thing that mattered in Sans' fight against Hulk. Pretty much everywhere else it was just AP, no DC involved.

You are still forgetting Time Manipulation; Sans has time on his hands with that, he can just set up attacks, and Mel would get hit with a barrage of bones. Then Sans could setting up attacks over, and over, and over.

Sans has no applicable time manip. We never accepted Sans stopping time. Again, most of his hax aren't combat applicable. At best it's just very efficient teleportation.

Ok for starters, stop putting words in my mouth. I've literally used the word stomp less than you have. I've never claimed it is.

I hope you understand that Sans is faster than Mel. Sans is faster than Chara who was able to dodge freaking SUNLIGHT. And yeah, his attacks are bones. That's not magic.

Destructive capacity mattered vs Hulk because it's the only thing he could do, same as Meliodas in this situation.

ThunderClap448 said:
Ok for starters, stop putting words in my mouth. I've literally used the word stomp less than you have. I've never claimed it is.
I hope you understand that Sans is faster than Mel. Sans is faster than Chara who was able to dodge freaking SUNLIGHT. And yeah, his attacks are bones. That's not magic.

Destructive capacity mattered vs Hulk because it's the only thing he could do, same as Meliodas in this situation.
Normally, Sans is faster than Meliodas, but here, speed is equalized.

look above

by the way, don't forget Sans can teleport Meliodas or himself and Meliodas can fool Sans with lostvayne.

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
ThunderClap448 said:

Normally, Sans is faster than Meliodas, but here, speed is equalized.
look above

by the way, don't forget Sans can teleport Meliodas or himself and Meliodas can fool Sans with lostvayne.
Exactly, speed is equalized, that's why they're both FTL. The guy said that they're MHS+ or whatever, and they're not. Mel is, usually. Sans is FTL. Speed equalized... and there you have it. LOOK ABOVE. Don't take my words out of context.

When speed gets equalized, it's equalized to the faster one, because some of the characters' only have speed as their thing, and nerfing that would be just lowering their tier (eg Flash).

Idk who told you that, but it's probably wrong. Without it, most characters that completely rely on speed would just get stomped. You could put Flash from comics who is a Tier 4 against a tier 6 and T6 would probably win because Flash's abilities hinged on his ability to go fast (as you know, force is mass*acceleration, if you decrease Flash's max speed, his acceleration will reach 0 faster and therefore make him uberweak).

That should be fixed. That's a terrible "idea". It literally breaks characters. There's no problem increasing their speed as there's less characters that would get broken by having their speed increased than vice versa.

Back