• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Izuku Midoriya

Theuser789 said:
Sans bypass dura even without karma, completing bypassing your defense stat, and karma isn't based on sins here in this wikia
He hits your soul and that doesn't one-shot, something that was decided for all monsters without exception. Yes I know that Karma isn't sins, why are you bringing it up?

But I am pretty sure, that without the wikia, the knowledge on sans durability negation is the karma you get from his attack - otherwise the player would probably only take one damage every hit, and also consider that Chara has the locket giving her 99+ defense and because her sins where too big that's how sans karma effect worked on her

I forgot how sans bypass durability unless your talking about him damaging the soul directly (like any monster and damaging the soul of the player) in which would be the only way I believe he would - Prove me if I am wrong

RicardoSama said:
I forgot how sans bypass durability unless your talking about him damaging the soul directly (like any monster and damaging the soul of the player) in which would be the only way I believe he would - Prove me if I am wrong
deku is pretty much a glass cannon since sans can negate durability via soul magic and i dont think deku can deal with san's telekenesis paralysis

Yeah in which this case San can use his telekinesis - Gravity control and dunk deku, unless he deal with it until severely injured And unless deku has high enough durability at his level to survive getting thrown around

Uniasha said:
deku is pretty much a glass cannon since sans can negate durability via soul magic and i dont think deku can deal with san's telekenesis paralysis
Sans doesn't negate durability with his brand of soul-hax.

Planck69 said:
Uniasha said:
Sans doesn't negate durability with his brand of soul-hax.
his attacks do and deku can't counter his telekenesis

Wait, Deku gotta have high karma in the end result, unless sans uses blue eye, then slams - how he dishes off one damage no matter what (As seen at the end of the fight) and if deku karma not high, then the attacks that go straight for the soul is only one damage - (Well Idk how much karma does deku have at this stage) and we do not see the actual battle between sans and the player, which all we know is that the player's soul is being damaged

RicardoSama said:
Wait, Deku gotta have high karma in the end result, unless sans uses blue eye, then slams - how he dishes off one damage no matter what (As seen at the end of the fight) and if deku karma not high, then the attacks that go straight for the soul is only one damage - (Well Idk how much karma does deku have at this stage) and we do not see the actual battle between sans and the player, which all we know is that the player's soul is being damaged
Karma ain't based on sins.

Sans is the one character that ignores durability regardless of how you take soul stuff in Undertale.

He completely disregards your DEF stat, doing a set amount of damage (1 since his ATK is at that) per the shortest possible time frame (30 frames per second), removing invincibility rates (or decreasing them if you have items that boost it up).

His KR stuff is unrelated to that, giving you poison effects based on what attack hits you. Iirc it's something like two for the bones that appear during your turn, five for the normal bones, and ten for gaster blasters (this once per frame, too).

He most certainly does negate durability no matter how you take it, and since no actual crt went through to change things, I don't see why we would assume Deku's soul is any more durable than Frisk's. Even assuming we scale his soul to his durability, he would still die in a few seconds.

His attacks are also intangible, so tanking or breaking them isn't really an option.

He hits your soul and that doesn't one-shot, something that was decided for all monsters without exception. Yes I know that Karma isn't sins, why are you bringing it up?

Because I wasn't talking to you, I didn't even see your comment

Anyways as Risci said Sans is the only monster who negates your def stat, even outside of his karma

Theuser789 said:
Because I wasn't talking to you, I didn't even see your comment
Anyways as Risci said Sans is the only monster who negates your def stat, even outside of his karma

Sans soul hax really screws Deku here, He can avoid any bones or blasters but getting spiked by gravity and bones poking out of the ground he won't see coming will absolutely screw him since he has 0 resistance to soul hax. I don't think Deku can survive the first attack since it will absolutely shred him due to not having a resistance. Going for Sans

Forgive me if this is already stomp or necro but doesn't sans have omnidirectional attacks or something similar like that? He can literaly conjure his attacks at any direction using his teleportation powers and is capable of telporting his opponent to one of his attacks. Also whats stopping from sans using his telekinesis/gravity manipulation turning his soul blue, which in turn slow down Deku's mobility to some extent. I also doubt Deku his air manipulation attacks would push away sans magic since he has intangible attacks.

I am aware sans has danmaku but what makes him different from most danmaku users is that rather than starting his attacks in front of him,he has the ability to summon his attacks from any spot which gives him some advatange of using his surroundings. You can clearly see it in his powers and abillites "Teleportation (Of himself, others, and his attacks)"

Anyways is the match still going on? Voting sans. He is shown to be incredibly observant on his surroundings and his not stupid enough to know whats up when Deku's raises his arm to flick his fingers in front of him to generate one of his air pressures. Btw, doesn't his air manipulation techniques causes one of his used limbs to get injured which in turn gives him huge disadvantage.

Yeah, none of that means a whole lot when Izuku wins by flicking his fingers in his general direction.

Furthermore, teleportation to dodge isn't in character.

Sans has the ability to teleport though. If he won't teleport because thats out of character, he can clearly teleport his opponent to different side to evade his air pressures attacks which is in-character for him to do. Remember the times when the player's screen goes black during sans genocide fight? Sans was teleporting Frisk to one of his attacks. If he can do that he can definitely evade his air pressure attack from teleporting Izuku to another spot.

The Wright Way said:
Yeah, none of that means a whole lot when Izuku wins by flicking his fingers in his general direction.

Furthermore, teleportation to dodge isn't in character.
Sans isn't suicidal, if the only way to dodge a attack is by teleporting then he will teleport, he never did because he didn't need to, but if Sans used to just move around he can use it to dodge

Agreed and the OP did not stated they were in-character so sans definitely would use his teleportation powers to go all out. And if the air pressure attack at his general direction is to wide for him to teleport,sans can still evade his attack by teleporting behind Deku.

Baubles said:
Agreed and the OP did not stated they were in-character so sans definitely would use his teleportation powers to go all out. And if the air pressure attack at his general direction is to wide for him to teleport,sans can still evade his attack by teleporting behind Deku.
if the OP doesn't stat something then we go by Standard Battle Assumptions and that states that the character for State of mind that they are In character, but willing to kill

Also, it's kinda hard to judge how big a gust of air is when it's coming at you, so Sans likely won't know to dodge until it's too late.

The Wright Way said:
Also, it's kinda hard to judge how big a gust of air is when it's coming at you, so Sans likely won't know to dodge until it's too late.
He can always just go behind him, it's not hard to dodge a wind blast

Also this Deku hurts himself with any air Blast because it's beggining of series Deku

He can always just go behind him, it's not hard to dodge a wind blast

Also this Deku hurts himself with any air Blast because it's beggining of series Deku

But he won't. Because Deku's AOE is massuve and Sans won't realize that until he's hit.

Sans call tell how many times you have died just by the look of your face, he can tell how big a wind blast is, plus this Deku can't spam AoE without breaking his arm, since this is right at the start Deku

Sorry OP, I've been away from this wiki for long time. Now back to question if sans will be to late to respond from Deku's attack of flicking his fingers, I believe he will use it later. Here is the scenerio I made up.

Sans started with his strongest attack,Deku saw the bones rushing towards him like a hungry mob, seeing all the bones coming towards him at different directions, he would punched the ground with one of his arms to push away some or all the attacks thats coming towards him,creating small Aoe (I don't know if this air pressure attack would reach sans and if does rip sans.) resulting having no affect towards sans intangible attacks. Deku tries to dodge but will eventually get hit by some of sans magic bones and maybe one of his gaster blasters. Seeing sans saw Deku using his arm to push away his attacks realize that he can produce his air pressures attacks by using one of his limbs. Realizing what happend, Sans immeditly look at Deku quickly rising him arm to flick with fingers hoping to produce another air pressure attack at sans general direction and sans either teleport behind him or teleport Deku away from him. When that happend, Deku fingers are now injured rendering his air manipulation useless due to losing both his arms. Sans can safely dunk him with his danmaku.

Theuser789 said:
Sans call tell how many times you have died just by the look of your face, he can tell how big a wind blast is, plus this Deku can't spam AoE without breaking his arm, since this is right at the start Deku
Those two things aren't related. One is being good at reading people, the other ia being good at eyeball math.

He can flick his fingers. Also, he doesn't need too. He wins in one hit.

The Wright Way said:
Leaning towards Deku honestly.

Sans first mive is basically always "throw the opponent down and spring bones out of the ground". Unfortunately for him, Deku is durable enough to survive this. Which just lets Deku flick his fingers and obliterate him. Teleporting to dodge an attack is out of character for Sans, so that's out, and without it, he really has no way to avoid the blast.

And all that is assuming they start in Sans range, which they won't, thanks to SBA. Best case scenario, Sans teleports into range, does his shtick, and the rest plays out like the above. If not, Deku gets the first shot while Sans gets into range and blows him up before he can retaliate.
@Baubles

Back