• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Izuku Midoriya

Deku can't be ""durable"" enough when Sans bypasses dura dude

And yes, they are related, if he can read people he can read what type of moves they can use, so he won't just stand there against a very direct hit like you are implying

Theuser789 said:
Deku can't be ""durable"" enough when Sans bypasses dura dude

And yes, they are related, if he can read people he can read what type of moves they can use, so he won't just stand there against a very direct hit like you are implying
Only, he can be. Sans dyra negation is garbage, it takes time to kill people in the same tier as him. 8-C durability will buy him plenty of time.

He can't know that Deku's going too unleash a giant shockwave if no one he's met can do that.

He's not going to know its a direct hit. It's a wind blast.

>Takes time

What, Sans can kill someone with 99 def in seconds, plus it's dura negating, having more dura wouldn't make it take longer, that's nonsensical

Sans would literaly see him attacking, he is going to read from his face that's a attack he can't just sidestep and easily teleport behind him

He's going to know it's a serious hit, that's all that matters

Theuser789 said:
>Takes time

What, Sans can kill someone with 99 def in seconds, plus it's dura negating, having more dura wouldn't make it take longer, that's nonsensical

Sans would literaly see him attacking, he is going to read from his face that's a attack he can't just sidestep and easily teleport behind him

He's going to know it's a serious hit, that's all that matters
1. You're not getting it. UT attacks hit both the body and the soul. In order to destroy the soul, you'd need to destroy the body. That's why it'd take longer against a more durable opponent. Besides, seconds is all Izuku needs to flick his fingers.

2. How the hell can you tell how big an attack is gonna be via facial expressions? That's not a thing, especially sense all Sans could realistically gleam is a look of determination from Izuku. He could tell how many times Frisk had died by reading their mounting frustration on their face. That's not a benefit he'll have here.

3. Which he'll try to side step.

Bruh, sans soul negation isn't trash. During my second playthough in undertale against genocide sans,he started with his strongest attack and my hp were quickly drained due to my first time trying to dodge his strongest attack. This resulted my hp to be very low.

Baubles said:
Bruh, sans soul negation isn't trash. During my first playthough in undertale against genocide sans,he started with his strongest attack and my hp were quickly drained due to my first time trying to his dodge his strongest attack. This resulted my hp to be very low.
...That... doesn't actually prove how good is Durability Negation is. That's just your experience in his fight.

Like, it still takes some seconds to kill a 9-A. Izuku has 8-C durability. That's my point.

GoCommitDi said:
Not helping is Deku's immense pain tolerance, even at the beginning of the series
That... is a non-factor tough, as far as arguments go. Frisk doesn't react to anything either.

That... is a non-factor tough, as far as arguments go. Frisk doesn't react to anything either.

I mean, to be fair, Frisk has never been in "both my arms are broken so I guess I'll just keep breaking them more until I wi" levels of pain.

RicardoSama said:
K I retract my vote and it goes to Sans FRA unless wrong or counterclaim with izuku
...But the Sans supporters are just making the same claims they always have. Nothing's really changed.

Burning alive tends to be more painful than broken limbs as far as I know, there is only so much pain a limb can break regardless of how much you break it, and Frisk doesn't have any reaction to doing that a few times beyond maybe telling their oponent.

Sans no longer negates durability on a super high level, that's the one reason why all his fights where he fights say a 5-C or 7-A were removed,

The Wright Way said:
1. You're not getting it. UT attacks hit both the body and the soul. In order to destroy the soul, you'd need to destroy the body. That's why it'd take longer against a more durable opponent. Besides, seconds is all Izuku needs to flick his fingers.

2. How the hell can you tell how big an attack is gonna be via facial expressions? That's not a thing, especially sense all Sans could realistically gleam is a look of determination from Izuku. He could tell how many times Frisk had died by reading their mounting frustration on their face. That's not a benefit he'll have here.

3. Which he'll try to side step.
1: Sans is the only character who didn't get his dura negating downgraded, literaly at the OP of the downgrade thread, it works the same way regradless of body or your defense, plus Sans is not going to stand there, plus you are forgetting that the 9-A can have diferent levels of their dura and Sans attacks work the same way, dura is a non factor here

2: Sans doesn't read your "frustation", that's just headcanon, he can tell via his pose and look, since even in the show can tell what kinda moves he might use, he isn't going to sit there expecting a regular finger flick, and teleport out of the way of a very obvious attack, even sidestepping can dodge it as well, it's not even a gigantic AoE

Bruhtelho said:
Sans no longer negates durability on a super high level, that's the one reason why all his fights where he fights say a 5-C or 7-A were removed,
Got downgraded in terms of not one shooting people who don't have soul manipulation resistance, not that having more dura makes it take longer

True Deku has that high durability but it does not mean his safe from his poison draining. His attacks are intangible and will still hurt Deku due to his ignoring conventional durability thing.

Okay, many problems with that.

1. No amount of body language can tell you that you're about to get obliterated by a finger flick. That is not a thing in UT, so he'd have no idea that it'd happen.

2. Doesn't read frustration? What the hell else is "That's the face of someone whose died 5 times" supposed to mean? How can you read that any other way? Especially sense he can pick up on your sadism if you fight him again after beating him.

3. Not gigantic AOE? No. It absolutely is. At the very least to the extent that sidestepping can't dodge it. You're just downplaying now.

Baubles said:
True Deku has that high durability but it does not mean his safe from his poison draining. His attacks are intangible and will still hurt Deku due to his ignoring conventional durability thing.
Cool. Deku still oneshots and he'll hit first.

I assume you conceded on dura negating then

1: Sans never fought a human before you either, the argument he has never seen so he can't react is a weak one, he doesn't even need to know what the attack is, only that it's a attack he needs to teleport

2: Even if he can only read the emotions he can still tell the finger flick isn't a regular attack via his expression, he really doesn't need to know what it does in a general feeling, this is why characters have inteligence in their profiles listed

3:Characters in verse can dodge and react to it without things like teleportation, not downplaying at all, the only one I would say It's you, thinking that a character who's entire thing is thinking outside of the box will just stand there and take it from a attack that's very easy to read

How does Deku hits first? Sans can just teleport to him if he starts far way and use blue mode, which will interrupt Deku aiming his attack

1. Only that it's an attack and he needs to teleport. Only, he doesn't teleport against any of Frisk's attacks. Going by your logic, he'd teleport to dodge those too.

2. I fail to see how the expression Deku makes before flicking would be any different than the one Frisk makes before swinging a knife.

3. Sans dodges by side stepping a few feet. He's not as mobile without teleportation as characters in MHA.

4. Deku literally just needs to flick in his direction. Blue mode doesn't stop him from doing that.

1: He doesn't teleport because he knows he doesn't need to, he can literaly dodge them while he sleeps, it's a waste of effort against Frisk

2: It's pretty obvious there's a diference, Sans states Frisk just swings their knife around, Deku clearly has a way more focused expression when doing one

3: Same as one, he does that because that's all he needs to in the fight, doing more it's wasting effort, we know via Papyrus phone calls that Sans uses teleportation casualy like to just go through puzzles

4: Blue mode will make Deku be slammed on the ground, that will definitvely break his concentration on flicking

Theuser789 said:
1: He doesn't teleport because he knows he doesn't need to, he can literaly dodge them while he sleeps, it's a waste of effort against Frisk
That's quite a bold assumption there.

That's quite a bold assumption there.

I mean, yeah. You can't really call my remark about "reading frustration" a headcanon when you claim that. Especially sense Sans wouldn't know until after he dodged an attack.

Sans attacks is instantaneously since his attacks came from his teleporting powers which is considerably thoughtbased. So no, Deku ain't one shoting immediately when seeing all the magic bones appearing suddenly and coming right at him. Which in turn result Deku being suprised and forcing him to dodge his attacks. Right now I am confliced since both can possibly beat other if one of them use their powers wisely.

Switching my vote to Inconclusive

How it's a "bold assumption"? He can consistantly dodge the attack by side stepping, he doesn't need to teleport when can dodge even when sleeping, and I was wrong about the "frustation" part, I even said so

The point is Sans didn't teleport because he didn't need to, fighting already makes him tired, during unecessary teleportations would make it worse

You don't really have much to back that statement up. I can equally say its simply not in his character to teleport.

Uh, I do, saying "no you don't", isn't a argument, the fact Sans uses teleportation in the fight itself, uses it to do basic things like puzzles, etc. He doesn't use it because he can already dodge without teleportation, it's simple

Dude, how would Sans know that until he dodged? Sure, after the first move, he'd know he wouldn't have to teleport, but Sans doesn't have that benefit here.

If you are talking about against Chara then 2 reasons, one that a knife slash is a very easy thing to read, two Sans was watching them during the run, which is show if you sing to Shyren a little "a hoodwd figure watchs in the distance"

And if it's about the match then pretty much all my previous points, I am not making this argument circular

Wouldn't sans become alerted and immediately teleport away when Izuku raises his arm? Whenever Deku start using his fingers to produce the air pressure attack, he used both his arms which give the impression of launching some sort of range attack.

There is no way for him to know or is aoe, so probably not.

I agree that without an obvious giveaway for him needed to teleport to live, he will not do so before it's too late. He will hit first, but won't kill Deku by then, so I'm voting for the bad protagonist.

Yeah, Deku's attack is very easy too read, multiple characters reacted to it on his own series, Sans just standing there to get hit is pretty bad reasoning, I don't even mind Deku winning via using a strategy to tire Sans out, not just he standing there and getting hit

So if Izuku doesn't one shot Sans and became aware from his his flicking air pressure attack after teleporting away, than either Deku's high durability and stamina manage to outlast sans relentless attacks,resulting in tiring sans allowing Deku to K.O. him or sans managed to kill him before he gets tired. This sounds like a Inconclusive to me.

Back