• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Bill again

Sans does not one shot. Even without soul resistance, or with an absurdly weak soul, he's only going to kill fast, not instant.

I vote Bill.

Buttersamuri said:
1. He opens with snapping. That was went over in that and several other threads. Nobody said he opened with shooting blasts

2. Teleport is thought based. And both raise their hands. Bill raises his hand when he snaps. And he can't regenerate from his soul being destroyed. That would bypass his regen. Frisk was a special case due to determination being able to come back from it.
Bill has low godly regen, meaning that he can regenerate himself from just his consciuss. Also, as stated earlier, Sans's soul hax doesn't destroy the mind nor is an insta-kill

On the other hand, Bill can just transmutate him, and if that doesn't work, blast him away since his AP is infinitely greater than Sans's durability

Moritzva said:
Sans does not one shot. Even without soul resistance, or with an absurdly weak soul, he's only going to kill fast, not instant.

I vote Bill.
Yea. In about a split second. As even a much more powerful and soul resistancing soul died in a few seconds. So someone with neither of the same levels is basically dead instantly.

You realize Chara's soul resistance (pre-absolute) is like, really bad and doesn't defend from any soulhax worth a darn, right?

The real cal howard said:
You realize Chara's soul resistance (pre-absolute) is like, really bad and doesn't defend from any soulhax worth a darn, right?
It's durability for soul. It helps with soul destruction. Regardless of that, Sans is not killing Bill.

Yea. In about a split second. As even a much more powerful and soul resistancing soul died in a few seconds. So someone with neither of the same levels is basically dead instantly.

It's not safe to assume Bill has the same soul durability as a human soul since he's not human or human-like, and since they both need to raise their hand to activate their hax, Bill would just transmutate Sans before Sans can kill him, and I already explained that he would regenrate from that since it doesn't destroy his mind.

It's not safe to assume Bill has the same soul durability as a human soul since he's not human or human-like, and since they both need to raise their hand to activate their hax, Bill would just transmutate Sans before Sans can kill him, and I already explained that he would regenrate from that since it doesn't destroy his mind.

We shouldn't assume it to be suddenly higher. Frisk only had such a high one due to powering it up. Bill doesn't have the luxury. Bill typically opens with a snap. Which gives sans time to do his attack. Which if someone who's soul as powerful as Frisks died in a few seconds at most. Bills would be dead even faster. And saying it doesn't destroy the mind has no basis.

Sans also need to raise his hands to attack, which would give Bill time to snap. Also, again, Bill is not a human, so you can't assume that his soul durability is the same as a normal human soul.

Regardless of those, Bill has low godly regen, and I don't see anything on his profile that says that his soul manipulation is either instantaneous, or can bypass Bill's Regenerationn

Yes. Bill raises his hand to snap. Sans raises his arm or slams down. Both have similar attack speeds. And Bill can't be assumed to have a soul stronger than Frisk. We can't just assume Bill suddenly has a stronger soul than monsters and frisk. There's no basis or proof on that. Monster souls are weaker than humans by a long shot. And frisks soul was only so powerful through amping. Bill doesn't have the fact his soul got amped. So the best we can assume which isn't blindly saying he is some level with no proof is at least the average soul.

Destroying the soul should destroy the mind as a result. It should be able to negate his durability.

No it shouldn't. Monster's mind just passes onto whatever object their dust falls on despite their soul being 100% destroyed, and Chara's mind also stayed behind.

Sans can't destroy minds.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No it shouldn't. Monster's mind just passes onto whatever object their dust falls on despite their soul being 100% destroyed, and Chara's mind also stayed behind.

Sans can't destroy minds.
Can't compare to Chara/frisk as that's a special case. That's through their determination that saves them. Even after the same is destroyed to, Chara survives. Also proving Chara has superior regen. Frisk has Mid godly. Bill has low godly. So that comparison doesn't work. They have better regen so would be able to come back from more

Firstly, burden of prrof. My point has exemples of it, yours is just a baseless "they're different".

Secondly, yes I can. every single monster and the only human whose soul is destroyed had their mind intact.

It's not "their different". It's. Their regen is superior. Like it's literally rated higher on the page. Mid Godly > Low Godly. Bill has low godly.

And what exactly proves every monsters mind was intact after their soul died. Also. Frisk doesn't attack their soul directly. Frisk attacks the physical body. Sans attacks the soul. Not frisk

you do realise that Sans destroying Bill's soul won't stop him from regenrating, right?

Sans literally cannot kill Bill

"Regenerationn (Low-Godly to Mid-Godly with high enough Determination, unknown otherwise. Can recover physical and spiritual damage by eating certain types of monster food)"

Is that even Mid-Godly?

It's a poor explanation. It doesn't bring up their cane come back from their soul being destroyed, and in the genocide route Kiev, the entire verse and everything being destroyed, and Chara still coming back

But if Sans can't do it, it doesn't matter if Bill doesn't have Mid-Godly since he'll just resurrect himself even if Sans would destroy his soul. And since it's not instantaneous or a OHKO move, Sans will be turned into tapstery or a Sans statue before the process is completed

I'm asking staff about how true that is. I see that if Sans destroys his soul, Bill can regenerate. It should be able to bypass Low godly. And Sans attacks ends Bill in almost a fraction of a second. Bill wouldn't survive it unless he teleport instantly. Which he wouldn't

Buttersamuri said:
It's not "their different". It's. Their regen is superior. Like it's literally rated higher on the page. Mid Godly > Low Godly. Bill has low godly.
And what exactly proves every monsters mind was intact after their soul died. Also. Frisk doesn't attack their soul directly. Frisk attacks the physical body. Sans attacks the soul. Not frisk
I'm pretty sure that regen was agreed on being removed, like 100% it was agreed to be removed after Cal and others agreed with my revision about Chara's abilities... and it was, yeah.

Did you not... know that? It's important. Like, the idea of a monster's consciusness passing onto anything their ashes fall on is the whole thing that allows for Flowey to be a thing. I think Monster Kid mentioned how that is a thing, but it's really important to the plot.

Chara makes their suicidal plan, Asriel goes out and is killed, his dust falls on the flowers giving them his mind, Asgore kill children and Alphys uses their soul to make the flower sentient, making Flowey. Chara's corpse also contains their mind, which is stirred by Frisk's determination.

Ah, it was in the library:

"Monster funerals, technically speaking, are cool as heck. When monsters get old and kick the bucket, they turn into dust. At funerals, we take that dust and spread it on that person's favorite thing. Then their essence will live on in that thing..."

So if it was agreed to be removed, it means that they at most have Low-Godly, which Bill also posses. And since they can come back from Sans's attacks, Bill can come too.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It was literally agreed to be removed, and you know that.
I don't see how I was supposed to know that previous to this. I wasn't apart of that thread and that thread clearly didn't do what it agreed on if it agree to remove it cause it's still there

And I brought it up being still there because if it was meant to be removed. I've telling you. It's still there. I'm not using it as a point. I'm telling you, the regen thing is still listed in the page. If it was actually agreed to be removed. Someone didn't do it.

Soooooo the OP wanted me to reopen this fight

Guaranteed I am going to regret this, but let's see.

What else there do discuss here? It was already proven that Sans's soul destruction doesn't erase the mind so Bill simply regenerates

You see

We even mentioned that

In this thread

And yet the OP came to my wall

Telling me to reopen it.

Back