• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs Accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promestein said:
Aurasuke said:
I hope you at least read the light novels before making those statements lol. Sure Othinius is a good character, but Accel's character development is just way over the top.
Accelerator could be the greatest, most well-written character in fictional history, and I'd still like Othinus infinitely more than him because she's a girl with a witch hat and an eyepatch and a spear named Gungnir and I don't need anything else in my fiction.

I've already said everything about this matchup that I have to say, so I don't really have anything else to contribute.
I can't even argue against this. It's just so valid that I wonder why I even bothered trying in the first place. I can't think of any other better argument than because she's a pretty girl with an eye patch wielding Gungnir (especially if I didn't even read New Testament 9, but since I actually did, my argument is now slightly less valid because it's not as valid as yours when you didn't read it)

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Aurasuke said:
Either way, I found these lol. What we think would be spite threads, others apparently don't.
Many people think Living Tribunal > fiction. It doesn't make it any less wrong.
Two Megaverse Time!

I just found this picture so hillarious lol, I wonder who even made it lol

You are taking me wayyyyy too seriously, Aura. I really don't care how well-written Accelerator is, because Othinus' character archetype, design, and powers are much more interesting to me than his are.

In addition to what Azzy said, regardless of Accel's (not really) potentially limitless powers, we clearly understand them to have limits here, so.

^ Lol you should at least read her story before simply choosing to like a character. Index stories are one of the few that are really well written. It got the best light novel award for 10 years in a row lol.

I have read about her personality, character development, and role in the plot. She represents the majority of the very little knowledge of Index I have.

Let's stay on topic.

Anyway, if speed is equalized, whoever strikes first wins. If Accelerator (assume he's already awakened) is bloodlusted and chooses his best moves, he can just disintergrate Sans with vector manipulation from a distance. You already brought up beam thing, but then again, if speed is equal, he would need at least to raise his hand for that, if Accel doesn't know the beam can one hit him, he probably won't dodge it, if he does, he just has to fly away from the line of impact before it fires. Either way, if Accel can strike with vectors first (he doesn't need to touch them), he probably wins by simply rearranging San's particles or something like that.

I say something like raising your hand requires faster speed than simply making a mental calculation that takes less than 10^-100 of your processing power for Accel (stated to have more processing power than 100 super computers (index supercomputers are more impressive than ours by a long shot. It can calculate weather accurately for a month to the second, and predict how a battle between accelerator and railgun would play out).

Aurasuke said:
I say something like raising your hand requires faster speed than simply making a mental calculation that takes less than 10^-100 of your processing power for Accel (stated to have more processing power than 100 super computers (index supercomputers are more impressive than ours by a long shot. It can calculate weather accurately for a month to the second, and predict how a battle between accelerator and railgun would play out).
He doesn't need to raise his hand to reality warp a blaster into firing.

how strong is sans reality warping and soul manipulation?

either way, at most this is a draw because san can lock accelerator in a place where neither of them can harm each other, and by fights i would say the better odds is on sans side, aside from soul/reality manipulation he also has karmic retribution which turns accels sins againt him (no idea if it is a normal but very powerful attack or if it is some kind of curse), and san can attack the enemys soul...

GreatestSin said:
how strong is sans reality warping and soul manipulation?

either way, at most this is a draw because san can lock accelerator in a place where neither of them can harm each other, and by fights i would say the better odds is on sans side, aside from soul/reality manipulation he also has karmic retribution which turns accels sins againt him (no idea if it is a normal but very powerful attack or if it is some kind of curse), and san can attack the enemys soul...
Sans' attacks are physical in nature, although haxxed, and Accelerator's barrier, as established earlier, can redirect them, with the exception of a Gasterblaster.

Why would a Gasterblaster get through the shield? It's a beam of light. He's deflected beams of light with 25,000 different kinds of energy that are all alien to the universe in it before.

Alakabamm said:
Why would a Gasterblaster get through the shield? It's a beam of light. He's deflected beams of light with 25,000 different kinds of energy that are all alien to the universe in it before.
It's significantly faster than light, as it appears to be instantaneous to people who can react to light.

Promestein said:
Sans' attacks are physical in nature, although haxxed, and Accelerator's barrier, as established earlier, can redirect them, with the exception of a Gasterblaster.
ah, ok, but the "lock away" ability should still work right?

if gasterblaster is faster than light than accelerator gets blitzed :)

GreatestSin said:
Promestein said:
ah, ok, but the "lock away" ability should still work right?
if gasterblaster is faster than light than accelerator gets blitzed :)
It appears to be SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the light attack from Knight Knight. WELL beyond double. One might even call it instant even on that timeframe.

anyway, I already gave my opnion.If think otherwise so be it. Something else I want to point out somehow Sans has been downgraded to realitivistic. That means that beam attack you had is only scaled to relativistic nows. Basically with speed equalized Accel stomps, otherwise Sans will probably just run away if he knows he can't win. Since you say that he always attacks first he probably kills himself tbh lol.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sans

My vote is inconclusive, with advantage sans, assuming no prior knowledge or prep. Gasterblasters fire WAY beyond lightspeed, according to the undertale fight system.

Aurasuke said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Sans
Do you have a scan/screen shot that says it goes above light speed? This is from Sans page, apparently updated.

Since sans is no longer MFTL+ accelerator stomps. Sans probably kils himself.
Instant is functionally immeasurable, at least from the other inconclusive matches I've seen on his page. That's well beyond MFTL+, and is actually a significant upgrade to his speed.

immesurable is reserved for higher dimensiona characters, infinite is the best for 3-D (maybe omnipresent is higher but that implies actual omnipresence and not just extremely fast teleportation)

Technically all teleporters are instantneous, it's like Goku's instant transmission. I think we should add in reaction speed to avoid confusion.

That really doesn't say anything. All teleportation is instantneous. San's reaction speed is realitivistic+, Accelerator can reflect teleportation.

Aurasuke said:
That really doesn't say anything. All teleportation is instantneous. San's reaction speed is realitivistic+, Accelerator can reflect teleportation.
Regardless, the speed of the gasterblaster itself is not the speed of Sans. Speed equalized, the nature of the beam itself does not change. If accelerator's redirection is based on the ability to calculate something quickly, then he's still going to die to magic beams that travel WAY faster than any vectors he's concievably encountered.

Accel's shield is at least as fast as light in base, it's automatic and doesn't need calculation input consciously.

Alakabamm said:
Accel's shield is at least as fast as light in base, it's automatic and doesn't need calculation input consciously.
The blasters are faaaar faster than light. They are instantaneous to beings capable of reacting to and dodging light.

Alakabamm said:
I was correcting on his shield, not the blasters.
I know, I was just clarifying preemptively in case anyone tried to say you were making a counterargument. *shrugs* Sorry if it came off as condescending or rude.

Blahblah9755 said:
@Wind Isn't that calc stacking? (I agknowledge that it's ftl, but not as high as you say it is)
It is literally an instantaneous beam to Frisk at equal to or higher determination than the Knight Knight fight, in which they were more than capable of percieving and dodging light.

Northern Wind00 said:
Blahblah9755 said:
@Wind Isn't that calc stacking? (I agknowledge that it's ftl, but not as high as you say it is)
It is literally an instantaneous beam to Frisk at equal to or higher determination than the Knight Knight fight, in which they were more than capable of percieving and dodging light.
Dodging light is a realitivistic feat, that's what he's scaled from. if you don't have any other evidence for your claim then it's clear that you simply want to give him a speed advantage he doesn't have.

Aurasuke said:
Dodging light is a realitivistic feat, that's what he's scaled from. if you don't have any other evidence for your claim then it's clear that you simply want to give him a speed advantage he doesn't have.
It is instantaneous to beings who can dodge light. Ergo, it is FTL. Significantly, too, as the light takes several seconds to even reach you and the time it takes the beam to be well beyond through you is instantaneous.

ll teleportation is instantneous, it's written clearly that his reaction speed is realitivistic.

Do you have any evidence that the beam is beyond light speed? It could be subsonic and still apper instantneous if you're trying to make that kind of argument. Whatever made you think it was FTL?

^basically, this wiki assumes that accelerator can only reflect up to light speed in his base form as he was shown to reflect it. However it was also stated that he can reflect teleportation.

Wait.. Reflect teleportation?

I didn't know Sans can teleport people.. Though he can prank people among the space-time continuum. (Or was that just a prank with the lights off? another thing I was unsure...)

But yeah. I thought Sans could just teleport around you.

Tzula said:
Wait.. Reflect teleportation?
I didn't know Sans can teleport people.. Though he can prank people among the space-time continuum. (Or was that just a prank with the lights off? another thing I was unsure...)

But yeah. I thought Sans could just teleport around you.
He can likely teleport others, as well. When he "blinks" the screen in battle, he doesn't disappear. You and your menu do, likely meaning he's warping you as opposed to himself. However, since he only ever does this in battle, he likely needs to be within relatively close proximity to his target to do so. In a route in which you don't kill Papyrus, he also warps you and himself to Grillby's, so there's that, too.

And how would that help him? He's going to teleport into Accelerator's Angel wings? Lol instant death right there. Anyway accelerator can reflect all vectors as well as control them. At Sans can't really do anything to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back