• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
MegaManSSB
SamusAran
Round 1: Composite Mega Man with all weapons vs Varia Suit Samus with all Varia Suit weapons, speed equalized.
5B Versions basically

Round 2: Varia Suit Samus with all Varia Suit weapons vs Canon Classic Mega Man with all weapons

Basically Low-B MFTL Mega Man vs 5-B FTL Samus

Who wins this classic debate?

Hype.

this is EXTREMELY hard to decide but I think Samus wins via durability negation, sub atomic destruction and black hole manipulation. Plus anti-matter.

Well, the Samus that is being used doesn't have anti-matter, durability negation, or black hole manipulation in the Varia Suit.

But she does still have the sub-atomic destruction and a Dark Beam that sends seeking particles to freeze enemies + Scan Visor

I can't decide either, Mega-Man is way faster (being MFTL) but his AP and durability are lower than Samus', so if Samus manages to land one hit, she will either cripple Mega-Man or straight up destroy him

I vote Samus, sicne she just needs to land a clear hit

BruceTheBatman said:
Numbersguy said:
I can't decide either,
I vote Samus, sicne she just needs to land a clear hit
Note that he's very high end Small Planet. The difference in AP/Dura isn't terrible.
I know, but it is still higher, if she lands a hit it will hurt Mega-Man quite a lot

Ah, in that case

Round 1: Samus Via Hax mentioned in my earlier post

Round 2: MM Via Hax + Speed, note that this one technically qualifies as a stomp

SomebodyData said:
Ah, in that case
Round 1: Via Hax mentioned in my earlier post

Round 2: Via Hax, particularly the seeking missiles and seeking dark particles, which once it lands on Megaman, will freeze him.
Both have hax so I dunno if that's the best reasoning.

But to be fair, only Samus' negates dura aside from maybe a few of Mega's weapons.

SomebodyData said:
Well, the Samus that is being used doesn't have anti-matter, durability negation, or black hole manipulation in the Varia Suit.
But she does still have the sub-atomic destruction and a Dark Beam that sends seeking particles to freeze enemies + Scan Visor
Iirc, the Wave Beam does ignore durability.

Does samus have counter for Rock's different time manipulation techniques?

He has timestop, timeswitch (that allows him to walk through enemies attacks) and time slow.

From what I know about his time manipulation, his time stop is basically useless. (He can't attack in it)

Though when did he have time switch and time slow?

It seems to me that these two characters have 1 glaring advantage each. Megaman has a glaring strength advantage, since the "holding up a tower" feat trumps anything Samus has done. However, how often will that come into play during the fight? Other than the fact that Samus has dealt with creatures physically stronger than her all the time, Samus seems more experienced/capable in close quarters combat. Conidering these two rarely get close up, I'm not sure the strength advantage will be too useful. Samus' glaring advantage would be a durablity advantage. Samus can survive spikes and lava, two thing Megaman X gets instant killed by. Not to mention Samus would most likely have at least 6 Energy Tanks in her Varia Suit while Megaman can only use one E-Tank to heal himself (I think that's his max anyway). Samus' Crystal Flash can heal herself, and Concentration can restore ammo and heal a decent chunk of health. Samus' durability advantage will come into play the entire fight. Samus also has a leg up in terms of mobility. Samus could have the Sapce Jump Boots from the Prime games giving her a double jump, Morph/Boost Ball, wall jumping, and Samus' regular jump height is greater since she can jump four times her height with the High Jump Boots, another upgrade she gets with the Varia Suit. As long as Megaman doesn't get outside help from Rush or something, all Megaman has for mobility is the slide. There's other weapon I think that gives him some mobility, but I can't think of their names right now.

Megaman's weapons are about versatility, but Samus' weapons have more destructive power. Samus' Scan Visor will give her plenty of info on what Megaman can do, and while Megaman's versatility will keep Samus on her toes, I think it will only delay the inevitable. My vote goes to Samus.

Spikes and Lava are gameplay mechanics more than anything. Mega has tanked fire hotter than the surface of the sun and numerous needle-based and sword-based weapons.

Mega has 4 E-Tanks and can call in Eddie for extra E Tanks.

Mega is also over a dozen times faster than Samus and has flight via Rush and Beat.

I won't argue that Samus has the edge in destructive power, but she'll have a hell of a time hitting him, much less doing damage.

Samus at her prime has had 20 Energy Tanks and 4 Reserve Tanks.

Technically the FTL feat came from a suit massively degrees weaker than the Varia Suit, just needed to point that out.

Seeking Missiles will probably help with. Or her Dark Beam seeking "chilling" particles, which will get rid of that advantage real quick, not to mention the Wave Beam does bypass dura. Which means that while hitting him will be hard, once the Wave Beam hits the insides of Megaman, it will deal a lot of internal damage if not destroy most of his wiring.

Fair enough.

Mega has also intercepted, shot down, and reflected various weapons, including seeking weapons, with his various pieces of equipment and is used to outrunning or dodging beams like those on a regular basis.

Mega remains resistant to any freezing abilities due to his past experiences with them along with being the brother-model to Ice Man.

Ah I see, well Wave Beam (Tallon) came make up for that by paralyzing Megaman in that case, although by resistance do you mean by experience or by being structurally resistant to it? Because I'm pretty sure he's been frozen before.

Electro Lob also makes Megaman blind, something pretty dangerous here.

The Plasma Wave can basically trick Megaman into thinking she missed only to strike him in the back.

The Wave Cascade could also act as shield, destroying any physical projectiles and basically being a more dangerous version of Wave Beam

Ice Man (and many others) tried to flash freeze Mega Man in their battle. Mega took damage, but ultimately just shrugged it off and kept moving. Remember that this is Absolute Zero weaponry we're talking about.

Fair point.

Mega has plenty of experience with boomerang-type weapons (Rolling Cutter and Quick Boomerang for starters).

Mega's basic attacks are solar bullets, and Samus still does not have an answer for time stopping.

Reppuzan said:
Ice Man (and many others) tried to flash freeze Mega Man in their battle. Mega took damage, but ultimately just shrugged it off and kept moving. Remember that this is Absolute Zero weaponry we're talking about.
Fair point.

Mega has plenty of experience with boomerang-type weapons (Rolling Cutter and Quick Boomerang for starters).

Mega's basic attacks are solar bullets, and Samus still does not have an answer for time stopping.
1) In Megaman 7, Megaman can be set on fire and frozen, so it has happened to classic Megaman before. 2) Samus may not have a direct answer for time stopping, but Megaman can't attack while it's active, just move and jump. Samus' Sensemove might act as some sort of precognitive defense for when it ends, if Megaman tries to use the time stop to disorient Samus and counter attack using the confusion.

Also, SomebodyData, the only times Samus has acquired the Plasma Beam with the Varia Suit was in Prime 3 and Fusion. This isn't Fusion Suit Samus, so the only Plasma Beam Samus should have with the Varia Suit is the one form Prime 3.

1) Robot who shrugs off Absolute Zero gets frozen... yeah, game mechanics much?

2) Try the Flash Stopper. There's also nothing stopping him from using the Mega Upper or Slide Kicks aside from game mechanics. Samus' sensory equipment will be effectively frozen as well, so no to that (your statement implies that computers that are time stopped would continue to run).

If the absolute zero attack doesn't destroy them then how do we know whether it's not actually AZ or just an AZ resistence?

Mega also fought Cold Ma, who explicitly preserves prehistoric D.N.A at absolute zero temperatures in his official profile.

Being a Light Bot and thus top of the line, Ice Man should be more than comparable.

Because Mega Man is faster, has more hax weapons, arguably more intelligent and is more stronger (maybe only in lifting strength). There's not that much of a big gap in those categories between him and Samus though (except strength) which is why the fight would be very close.

Back