• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs The Ginyu Force

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Both encounter one another somewhere on Earth, are bloodlusted but otherwise act in-character.

SamusAran
Ginyu Force

How well does each fare in winning? Statement of reasoning is appreciated.

Should probably have mentioned that each has access to all of their equipment. They have that, yes.

Samus is actually a really strong character. So with her strongest suits/weapons she should take this without too much trouble.

Actually, it depends. If she faces them 1v1 she would clear due to slightly superior stats. Facing them all at once however, I think they would beat her due to simply overwhelming her.

Possibly. I've been looking at their stats though, and... is it possible she simply speedblitzes them all at once? Apparently, Samus is FTL. Perhaps a Samus expert could explain?

...if their pages on this site are correct, then they're all MHS+. That's... a tad underwhelming. :/ Granted, Guldo is missing a page, but I don't remember him being any faster than the rest of them. Maybe something is... off?

ThePerpetual said:
...if their pages on this site are correct, then they're all MHS+. That's... a tad underwhelming. :/ Granted, Guldo is missing a page, but I don't remember him being any faster than the rest of them. Maybe something is... off?
Personally i disagree about this.

Gohan and Krillin in Namek were faster as their KI Beams, and KI attacks are show to be likely Lightspeed (Piccolo casual KI blast can reach the moon in one second).

So the Ginyu Force (with the exception of Guldo) they should be FTL.

And the speed of all the Ginyu Force members scales to them? Not the biggest Dragon Ball expert, sorry. Do we have a solid scan or clip or something so that we have a definite timeframe for the speed of the blasts? Because if so, this sounds like it warrants an edit or four.

Hmmm. Still appears that Samus wins, as of currently. Anyone else...?

The speed of Piccolos moon buster is generally considered to not have been FTL, but it was still MHS+ (iirc). However, I agree that the Speed of the Ginyu force should be significantly higher in speed, due to much weaker characters like Raditz easily having MHS+ speed.

Probably Sub-Relativistic at best, based on what I've heard thus far. "Significantly better than so-and-so" doesn't automatically mean a certain number of tiers up, unless we have some sort of quantity concerning how much faster they were. That's what I'm waiting for...

Well i was thinking that putting the Ginyu force at Relativistic speeds (Sub/or +) is a very good middle ground for putting them between MHS+ and Light/FTL speeds.

Of course, we don't know exactly HOW fast they are, thanks to a lack of factors that their speed could be measured from. All we know is that they are much much faster than earlier MHS+ characters.

Hmmmm. Should probably be fixed.

So, what say you? Stickin gwith your original verdict, or...?

Well, I'm no Metroid expert, so I need to go strictly off this websites Samus profile for info. As I see it, it only says with certain suits, that she is FTL, or Small Star level. So from what I gather, if she uses her most powerful suits/abilities right from the start, she could possibly solo all of them at once. However, if she uses her standard gear, then I don't think she would be able to beat them all.

Of course this is coming from someone with very limited Metroid knowledge, so if anyone wants to correct me or prove me wrong, feel free.

That said, I don't think we should list this battle on any profiles until more input is given.

Well, I did give them all gear, and... in-character, to my knowledge, she has no reason no not go all out from the beginning. Also, there's Hypermode.

...or am I wrong?

Well, we can't exactly assume that she does hold back, I've never seen her do so before, so based on current standings it seems she just blitzes them.

I'm quite shocked at the upgrades Samus got. Her Ice Beam froze the Sun? In what game did this occur? I've played all of the Prime series, Zero Mission, and Other M and don't remember any time she fired her Ice Beam directly at the Sun.

Nevertheless, from what I've seen, she's at least Planet level from fighting and defeating Dark Samus. Running on a light beam for FTL combat speed seems a bit iffy, since the wording says that she could run on them without being vaporized, which sounds more like a durability feat, and the light beams she travelled on were actually the planetary energy of Aether. Nevertheless, fighting on par with Ridley and Dark Samus seems legitimate, and it puts her speed well above the Ginyu Force here. However, unless there's something that puts her well above Planet level, I see the Ginyu Force taking this, since Saiyan Saga Vegeta was Planet level, and any member of the Ginyu Force can easily waste him.

@ThePerpetual See, but these guys aren't weak enough that she can just casually blitz them to finish them off, and it stands to say that they could realize her as a threat and start rushing her all at once. They might not be as fast, but it still important to note that they are all still casual Planet Busters.

So that's why I never saw it.

The manga probably isn't canon, though, so unless this is composite Samus, the Ginyu Force should still take this comfortably unless there's a feat that would put her at Large Planet level, then she can make use of her superior speed.

I'm just going with the stats accepted by the people that run the site, don't know what to tell you there. If they accept it as legit, then... I suppose we'll have to count it, won't we?

The Metroid manga series' do not contradict canon nor have they been called non-canon and in fact are always used in Metroid debates. It's fine to use.

Also she's already large planet level due to Emperor Ing & Dark Samus' feats considering the GBE of Metroid planets, bordering on dwarf star level

She also has hax such as phazon, absolute zero ice, etc so yeah this is in her favour with the whole being at least ~3c thing

I tried finding stats for Aether or Dark Aether, but couldn't find anything. Yes, planets in Metroid tend to be ridiculously large, so perhaps it's not so ridiculous to say Aether is around the same size, but it is just an assumption.

"The Metroid manga series' do not contradict canon nor have they been called non-canon and in fact are always used in Metroid debates. It's fine to use."

I'm sure the creators or licensers consider them canon, but, then again, fans tend to be the ones calling the shots on what is or isn't canon. Just look at Dragon Ball.

If it can be used, though, I'm completely fine with it. It does change this into a stomp for Samus, as Small Star level in Dragon Ball statrts with 100% Power Frieza at the earliest, and Frieza in any of his forms can waste the Ginyu Force. FTL speed just seals the deal. At this rate, Samus may be able to reach far into the Android and Cell sagas.

@Perp even if we only count the games, Frieza saga top tiers are only into the yottatons while Samus is in the double digit ninatons so yeah, lol. She's also faster than all of them combined

@Unclechairman There's no indicator that Aether's gravity is different from the other Metroid planets, so presumed similar conditions is accurate

"even if we only count the games, Frieza saga top tiers are only into the yottatons while Samus is in the double digit ninatons so yeah, lol."

Where did you get such precise numbers? Calcs? I'm especially curious how you got numbers for Frieza, as his most notable feat (destroying Planet Vegeta) happened offscreen in the manga.

Planet Vegeta's GBE was 700 yottatons and the GBE of every Metroid planet with official dimensions is in the double digit ninatons

Back