• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran Minor Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly don't read, the acid feat has shit all to do with Crateria's acid rain, it's from taking a swim into a literal ocean composed of acid.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Well, she gets the Wave Beam before the Varia Suit upgrade in the Manga, and in S&J I think. SomeBodyData mentioned it above. And the guidebooks consistently describe Wave Beam as being composed of EMR waves that bypass barriers and can strike their internal organs; such as heart, lungs, brain, ect. It was one of the main reasons she was able to damage SA-X. Additionally, she took hits from SA-X who had Wave Beam, Plasma Beam, and Ice Beam.
I don't believe the Wave Beam was in S&J, just the Power, Ice and Plasma Beam. In S&J and least one character said the Power Beam was weak yet it blew pretty sizable holes in peoples chest. Compared to her other beams the Power Beam isn't too stupendous, but it's probably stronger than most people give it credit for since it can disintigrate Space Pirates in Prime 3 among others. Samus never stacked the beams she had in S&J though for whatever reason.

SomebodyData said:
Warning: Spoilers for Samus Returns Below

5-B key / Legendary Varia Suit

- Resistance to Possession:

She actually gains the ability to resist possession back in her Varia Suit in MP2 in the beginning of the game after defeating the Dark Alpha Splinter. Her absorption ability also increases in potency, now being able to absorb even more energy, but it's not really a new ability just wanted to put it out there.
Isn't that resistance entirely due to the Energy Transfer Module? I have no doubt that Samus could resist possession since she can resist being corrupted by Phazon and strong willed Luminoth can resist multiple possession attempts. However, since the resistance shown in Prime 2 was due to an item not necessarily Samus herself, it would be good to clarify why Samus has that resistance since Samus won't have access to the Energy Transfer Module unless Composite Samus is being used.

SomebodyData said:
5-B key / Legendary Varia Suit

- Resistance to being Atomic Destruction:
Not sure if it matters but I found a typo. I'd just cut out the word "being."

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
>power beam weak
It has a casual (probably) megaton feat in S&J.
I know the Power Beam as a weapon isn't weak. However, relatively speaking the Power Beam is weak compared to some of Samus' other weapons. Most people seem to consider the Power Beam as a pee shooter... but that's due to how niche Metroid as a whole is, so not many people know anything about the series despite how important it is. It's unfortunate how many people underestimate Samus, especially in Samus vs Master Chief "debates."

@accursed unlike the other upgrades, the module was mentioned to have "bonded" with her, suggesting it is something now attached to her, hence why I thought it should be added.

thanks for noting the typo too

@Hunter, Nintendo characters in general are typically downplayed in various VS debating communities; or classic video game characters in general. But yeah, Samus vs Master Chief is the most memorable stomp thread IMO in debates. Samus vs Iron Man is also typically a stomp due to Samus have far better hax, but there are ways to make it an even match.

Anyway, wasn't that casually running through lava calc possibly going to upgrade Samus's lifting strength to Class-G?

Yeah it never saw the light of day though sadly, I'll probably make a blog and see if that gets more attention.

Not sure if slamming the Queen Metroid would be an upgrade for lifting strength

Ya sure? I recall Frieza getting an upgrade for lifting strength via ripping nails arm off a few years back.

Her doing that to the queen is definitly applicable to lifting strength, the problem being how do we quantify it.

Wasnt the reason it was removed not because it wasnt true or the feat was flawed but rather because literally all dbz characters are at unkown in strength because they change all the time? The feat itself was fine if I recall.

And yeah, not sure either.

Slamming Metroid Queen is more striking strength rather than lifting strength, which is already Planet Class.

We didn't actually implement that until recently (I dont even understand the reasoning, as we would just measure it the same way we measure ap.) Even then, ripping an arm would probably be different to pulling down a head.

SomebodyData said:
@accursed unlike the other upgrades, the module was mentioned to have "bonded" with her, suggesting it is something now attached to her, hence why I thought it should be added.
It's implied that Samus gives the Luminoth upgrades back to them so the Energy Transfer Module (ETM) should have been given back to the Luminoth as well. The ETM should have also been bound to the Dark Alpha Splinter and yet it got able to be separated. Besides, the Luminoth made the ETM, so if they wanted it back without harming Samus I'm sure they could do that. The ETM is a thing that Samus has acquired and had lots of use so it should definitely be listing somewhere. Now that I think about it the ETM isn't listed anywhere on Samus' page like in the Notable Attacks and Techniques section is it?

Probably because the Dark Alpha got killed. Well its pretty much shown that the items were returned, I'm just saying that unlike everything else it bonded with Samus, which is a pretty bizarre thing to add unless it was in fact, bonded, unlike the rest of the items. Idk why the ETM isn't there, probably because most people forget it exists lol.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Hunter, Nintendo characters in general are typically downplayed in various VS debating communities; or classic video game characters in general.
Kirby is the epitome of this. Not only is his appearance unassuming but the fact that he is a Nintendo character increases that even more. Despite that, Kirby is stupid powerful.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Samus vs Master Chief is the most memorable stomp thread IMO in debates. Samus vs Iron Man is also typically a stomp due to Samus have far better hax, but there are ways to make it an even match.
Lol, I never thought of Samus vs Chief that way. Rarely anyone knows what Samus can do and think that the Plasma Pistol will EMP her armor away or that an Energy Sword will be a one shot kill. Considering Iron Man is a really old comic book character I figured there'd be several incarnations of him that could beat Samus. There's no doubt Samus could beat some incarnations of iron Man, but in Vs Threads I just assume that a comic book character would have the upper hand, especially old and popular characters like Wolverine.

Well, composite Samus would easily stomp any incarnation of Iron Man. In fact, Light Suit Samus alone is of a greater tier than Model 51, Iron Man's best suit. Small Star level+ vs Dwarf Star level. Basic Power Suit Samus vs Model 8 would actually be a pretty good match, but let's not derail the thread about VS debates. Preferably move to message walls for those.

Something I noticed that I'm not sure has been used yet. There's a part in the chapter of S&J where Samus get the Power Bomb back. Samus' beam was able to power a giant rocket:

http://metroid-database.com/manga/samus_joey4_en/ch_0004/scaled/sc_024-025.jpg.

The manga panels says "Samus' powerful beam energy is being used to operate it." Samus recovered the Ice Beam by that point so I'd assume that the rocket is powered solely by Samus' Power Beam. Could this be used as a feat in some way? The Power Beam is the base in which all stacked beams improve upon. At the minimum it could be a quick way to prove to the uninitiated that the Power Beam isn't as weak as people say it is.

I've heard people say that Samus herself says that Power Bombs can destroy planets in S&J but I could never find that, unless Samus 100% implied and not explicitly stated that Power Bombs are planet busters.

In S&J, an injured and weakened Samus used power beam to cause a volcanic eruption.

Also yes, chozo super bombs can bust planets, he was explicitly going to bust that planet and Samys even confirmed it saying yeah they can destroy the planet.

The Power Bombs have actually been demonstrated to bust planets an addition to the statement; there's a link on SBD's blog about it. Plus, Samus would still be 5-B for other reasons, such as casually destroying the Tallon IV Metroids.

@J-Man, could you link the speed feat from S&J.

Ah I was incorrect, I thought it was all the same chapter but I was wrong, the speed feat is from one chapter, the scaling is from another but yeah I can link the actual feat in this case.

I think that the first post seems to make sense, but I haven't read the rest of this thread.

Everything except stun was agreed upon by everyone, (although it seems the things not agreed upon were removed from the OP) so yes, everyone agrees with the OP.

Outside of that the thread has basically become a discussion for Samus' powers and feats in general with a few possible additions brought up.

I'll add the additions now.

@J-Man thanks, that speed feat will be used to further prove Samus' ship is MFTL+ (The fact that this has been something of debate kinda surprises me.)

Also, that volcanic eruption should be calced, could upgrade her to High 7-A if we're lucky, or just further support 7-A Samus. Can you link the volcanic eruption?

Oh yeah, Samus's ship is definitely MFTL+; the one from S&J shown, and the Hunters calc. But I know Prime 3 for example features her ship typically being in autopilot; making it hard to pinpoint if it really scales to Samus's combat speed and reactions. Though, Ridley had like 2 MFTL+ speed feats. There's Meta-Ridley outpacing her ship so it scales to Phazon Suit and those beyond, and Post Corruption Ridley flying from Ceres to Zebes while outpacing the mothership. Was accepted as flight speed, but currently considered an outlier as far as combat goes. I think Samus also had another feat from Gorea, but I think the reasons Gorea's MFTL+ speed feat didn't scale to Samus was because that was restricted Gorea. Anyway, I would be hyped if Varia Suit Samus got a combat speed upgrade scaling from the stuff mentioned.

As for the volcano eruption, I agree about its potential. Although, I actually notice other details that might upgrade base Samus. Looking at Chozo profile, the warriors key was said to tank Ridley's blast, which damaged Mother Brain's shields.

We also have MFTL+ Phantoon

Originally, I was thinking about upgrading Samus via that but apparently, some of the tech the Chozo used was not of the time, so I'm not sure if the suit would scale with the weapon.

Understandable, but I should also add that @Lina Shields mentioned on another blog that explosion yield should be multiplied by the gravity's square'd number. For example, a baseline Mountain level destruction feat would technically be Country level+. 100 Megatons * 960^2 = 92.16 teratons. Then again, I heard Ridley only blew up the top half of the mountain and would probably need a more appropriate calc.

Okay, an issue.

That is not a mountain, but a plateau, which seems to vary greatly in height, some even spanning over several US states and others being significantly smaller.

Secondly, (not as much an issue but a potential saving grace), there are two primary forms of formation for a plateau, erosion and volcanic, the former being the likeliest one, essentially it means that the plateau is an eroded mountain. Luckily, it is next to a mountain range so we can scale from that.

The reason I'm talking about those speed feats is because later on, Samus shinesoark actually dies with her ship going at max speed and Samus not only rides on her ship going at max speed but shoots down a ship right besides going at that speed.

There's two eruptions, a super missile causes one, the power beam one is in the calc request thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back