• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran Minor Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Warning: Spoilers for Samus Returns Below

7-A key / Legendary Power Suit

- Resistance to Mind Manipulation:

The reasoning for this addition is that Mother Brain explicitly has control over the entire alien population on Zebes (Planetary level of Mind Manipulation), yet can't control Samus.

- Adapted to Gravity Manipulation:

Not exactly resistance, rather she has already adapted to extremely high gravity, even in her basic Power Suit.

- Energy and Life Absorption:

Up until Samus Returns, most of the energy orbs have been seen as game mechanics, even despite the fact that they have logs in the logbook. However, not only do we seen Samus absorb aeion energy in her fight with Proteus Ridley in a cutscene, we also see that Aeion energy is actually the life-force of SR-388's population in the Chozo Memories.

- Minor Resistance to Acid Manipulation:

She actually also displays resistance to acid in S & J in her basic power suit.

5-B key / Legendary Varia Suit

- Resistance to Atomic Destruction:

Also displayed in S & J, she survives a trap meant to tear her apart on an atomic level.

- Resistance to Possession:

She actually gains the ability to resist possession back in her Varia Suit in MP2 in the beginning of the game after defeating the Dark Alpha Splinter. Her absorption ability also increases in potency, now being able to absorb even more energy, but it's not really a new ability just wanted to put it out there.

Also, can it be noted that Samus' suit is not in fact, mechanical? This is quite literally something that gets brought up a lot more than it should, but it is actually explicitly part of her DNA / biology.

Composite

- Regenerationn (At least High) Negation:

According to the scan of Dark Samus 2 in Echoes, Dark Samus has nothing short of High Regenerationn, yet Samus can overload that Regen with Phazon in their last encounter.

It was more so the Samus vs Rias thread; anyway I agree with these additions.

I agree with everything, I could probably find a few more additions too but I do disagree with the stun.

They get stunned because she's punching them in the face, not because its some power.

Well, her electric barrier could cause stun with her electrically enhanced punches, but I agree that's the case with her normal punches.

Yes, after damaging them (melee counter or going by the end cutscenes, just damaging them enough) or straight up killing them she can absorb Aeion.

It's not insta kill thing though, it merely gives Samus more resources.

Although the purple energy is something else, I wanna say it's canon too.

Idk if the powerbomb should be added to the basic suit key, while she did have it, it would kill her in the process normally. If you do think there are other abilities to add, go ahead and mention them when you can.

The stunning should probably be specified with the electric armor then

@Weekly ok

She tanks a power bomb from the SA-X in Fusion though without the Varia Upgrade, literally her weakest incarnation almost and she's scripted to tank it, does a neglible amount of damage.

That's the problem, her weakest incarnation tanks something that is dangerously potent in even some of her strongest suits.

Additionally, she's not scripted to actually tank it, it can be avoided with ease, so it seems more like they didn't want to unfairly punish someone for not moving.

? I thought it always damaged you no matter what, even if you hide under the floor it still does damage if i recall.

And besides shouldn't she get an upgrade? As of Samus Returns she canonically fought Mother Brain in her basic power suit.

Well you actually have to be hiding in the floor, but if you go to the left, you can actually dodge the blast by a few "blocks".

Actually, she fought her in her pre-ZM power suit which is not the current "legendary power suit", which doesn't actually have a difference between varia and non-varia in design if i remember correctly.

Fusion Suit Samus tanking the Power Bomb is considered an outlier; otherwise, all suits except for Zero Suit would have been 5-B already. Although, In Fusion, she does get the Power Bombs in her arsenal before the Gravity Suit; not sure if that would scale to Pre-Zero Mission Varia Suit Samus, but it would not scale to either of the basic power suits.

Yeah, remember that the Pre-ZM suit didn't get any physical differences from getting the Varia Suit.
Metroid v2 ch16 140
This is another pic of the Varia Suit Pre-ZM

Hmm, I guess yeah, I recall in AM there was a difference but oh well, I tried.

I'll scourge through same games and text dumps later to see uf I can something though.

Everything seems okay to me, except Status Effect Inducement since this can be applied to literally every single character on the wiki.

Oh I should note,Samus' suit is both organic and mechanical, it's mostly organic but it still has some components that aren't, basically it's biomechanical with a hint of chozo magic for shit like off and on summoning.

I say this because it being purely organic is incorrect, it's mostly though as the X prove

That does sound interesting, but I don't think we count abilities do to game glitches in their profiles as awesome as they sound.

They're actually listed on her profile (albiet at the bottom almost) it's just not as in depth (switching beams mid combo to apply different properties) and its not listed in her power and ability section, ie force field creation.

Samus' suit seems to me like it's Hyper Advanced Biotechnosorcery that comes out of her DNA. The Chozo combined mysticism with their technology so her suit is a mixture of technology and magic (more or less), but bound to her body as if it's a second skin. Not sure if biotechnosorcery is a word.

Samus only got Power Bombs the one time without Varia in S&J so I wouldn't add that to her 7-A key. I'd say Samus can definitely survive getting hit by a Power Bomb since she can do it in Fusion, it's just that she would rather not get hit by it without Varia Suit.

Isn't it mentioned in the manga that Crateria has Acid Rain? I'm guessing it's super light since Samus can avoid getting damaged in the basic Power Suit.

Yes it's mentioned there's acid rain, doesnt specify crateria though but it's an area Samus would of been firced to go at one point since it was brought up when discussing thibgs that would harm her without genetic modification.

Also what? Samus has a good feat of surviving at the bottom of a highly acidic ocean in S&J in her basic power suit, saud acid melts metal and people in seconds.

Well, based on general portrayals, her suit kind of has all the benefits of being biological without the weaknesses of being technological. For example, her suit has no hackable IP address meaning she's immune to Iron Man's Jarvis or Master Chief's Cortana. Especially for the latter, those are generally automatic stomp threads; though, there might be possible ways for Samus vs Iron Man to work.

The Power Suit is like a super haxed and enhanced symbiote armor; like what Venom and Carnage have.

Yes true, it's both biological (obviously, just look at the SA-X) and technological (her base fusion suit is the tenological part) with some chozo wizardry added in. It also has resistance to EMP, it only stops some functions of the suit for a few seconds tops before working again.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Scan Visor (Gives out basic information and weaknesses), Self-Healing (Concentration is Low), Precognition, Regenerationn (High-Low when suit suffers breaking or cracks), Energy Projection, Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Can absorb and redirect energy projectiles, Can enhance her AP by charging her attacks, Barrier and Armor Bypassing with Wave Beam, Temporary Invulnerability and Damage upon impact with Electro Armor, Resistance to mind manipulation, Adapted to Gravity Manipulation, Energy and Life Absorption, Minor Resistance to Acid Manipulation, resistance to extreme temperatures, (Albeit to a much lesser degree than her future suits), Morph Ball, Bomb, Spider Ball.

And as a side note, resistance to durability negation would be for example, it turns attacks similar to Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star's punches into just normal bunches. Not sure how to word it, but it would basically be resistance to attacks that come from inside her body. Generally demonstrated by taking hits from Wave Beam, which negates conventional durability.

Also she should still get resistance to possession, mechanical or organic regardless of her suits material, the Ing can posses lifeforms as well as technology, they possesed Quadraxis for example, a highly advanced war machine made by one of the big 3 races in Metroid.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Scan Visor (Gives out basic information and weaknesses), Self-Healing (Concentration is Low), Precognition, Regenerationn (High-Low when suit suffers breaking or cracks), Energy Projection, Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Can absorb and redirect energy projectiles, Can enhance her AP by charging her attacks, Barrier and Armor Bypassing with Wave Beam, Temporary Invulnerability and Damage upon impact with Electro Armor, Resistance to mind manipulation, Adapted to Gravity Manipulation, Energy and Life Absorption, Minor Resistance to Acid Manipulation, resistance to extreme temperatures, (Albeit to a much lesser degree than her future suits), Morph Ball, Bomb, Spider Ball.

And as a side note, resistance to durability negation would be for example, it turns attacks similar to Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star's punches into just normal bunches. Not sure how to word it, but it would basically be resistance to attacks that come from inside her body. Generally demonstrated by taking hits from Wave Beam, which negates conventional durability.
1) The Wave Beam passes through walls, floors and transparent/semi-transparent materials such as glass and transparent energy barriers as seen in Other M. It doesn't pass through enemy armor like the Plasma Beam does, Samus Returns shows that off well where the Wave Beam can't pass through the armored parts of enemy creatures until she gets the Plasma Beam. I'm not sure where you're getting the durability negation from with the Wave Beam unless you mean how it can pass through energy barriers.

2) Why are you insistent on adding the Wave Beam to Samus' 7-A Key? I'm not saying this to be confrontational or to shit post, I'm just very curious. From what I remember she only gets the Wave Beam before Varia Suit in Zero Mission and Super Metroid if you sequence break from the intended story path. In Zero Mission you can get away with it since there's only 4-5 super heated rooms in Zero Mission (I had to for Hard Mode 15%). In Super Metroid you need some serious skills and prep to get through Norfair without Varia, although the only time people do that is when they attempt a Reverse Boss Order speedrun which is insane.

3)I would like a straight up list somewhere of what Samus has in what Key, both characteristics like having enhanced senses to what equipent Samus has. What possible equipment and techniques Samus can have at her disposal has been exhaustively written already, but what Samus has and when hasn't been added I believe.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Also what? Samus has a good feat of surviving at the bottom of a highly acidic ocean in S&J in her basic power suit, saud acid melts metal and people in seconds.
The fact that Samus' basic Power Suit can be unharmed due to Crateria's acid rain isn't supposed to be some amazing durability feat, but it does show that her suit must have some sort of acid resistance (straight acid resistance as opposed to resistance to acid manipulation as it's written at the top of the post which seems different to me) to the point where only super corrosive stuff can do any damage to her weakest suit like with Ki Hunter acid. What exact level of acid Samus is resistant to in the base Power Suit is it's own debate though.

Well, she gets the Wave Beam before the Varia Suit upgrade in the Manga, and in S&J I think. SomeBodyData mentioned it above. And the guidebooks consistently describe Wave Beam as being composed of EMR waves that bypass barriers and can strike their internal organs; such as heart, lungs, brain, ect. It was one of the main reasons she was able to damage SA-X. Additionally, she took hits from SA-X who had Wave Beam, Plasma Beam, and Ice Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back