• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@New

Well she has survived atomic shredding, while not on the same caliber, I think it would lead to some credence, and currently, nothing really contradicts the description of Shock Coil, other than the real-life description, although this could just mean the weapon is more potent or simply they managed to weaponize it.

As for tech negation, you have a point. Would Temporary Tech Disruption work better for you?

Volt Driver negats Ambilics tech; which is once again the same level of tech that I'm talking about. AKA Ancient Godlike beings with intellect far beyond human comprehension. So it's still a legit Tech Null.

Shock Coil, iirc, is composed of Anti-Matter, which is specifically designed to cause sub-atomic destruction and destroy matter.

Uh, I think you're thinking about the Annihilator Beam for the Shock Coil @Dark

Well, It's still Sub-Atomic Destruction that Samus can survive a couple rounds from it.

@SD + I'm trying to say tech negation from the Volt Driver its a scratch of a head, because its just a temporal effects that last for a bit, and that Samus should not have full-resistant to sub-atomic destruction from the Shock Coil due to the nature of the weapon.

If for example, she resisted a powerfull laser that disintegrate all matter in a instant, then yeah, but for weapon that not only use a type of ammunition that is almost harmless, but that its also a prototype?

Where are you getting the idea that the shock coil is harmless? It's a weapon that's used to kill things. If it was harmless, why would A: Sylux steal the weapon from the federation, and B: The galactic federation ban the technology in the first place?

And again, it fires Neutrinos. That's what it does. Neutrinos are sub-atomic particles, and the gun that Sylux uses attacks others by firing neutrinos.

1.So does the name I suggested not work then?

2. Neither of those reasons are good, the harmless part comes from its real-world counterpart and being a prototype doesn't change how effective it is. Prototype just means first.

Bump, still need more input, or can we just add the changes?

I'm fine with what is proposed in the OP.

Only thing that i'm not sure about is the matter resistance.

1) Not sure if firing neutrinos = subatomic matter manip.

2) Has Samus tanked that in a cutscene or something?

Sylux uses the neutrinos as a weapon as described in the datalogs, and Samus tanks the shots the numerous times that they've fought.

1.) Well it should at least mean trying to attack her at a sub-atomic level wouldn't be as effective, though in hindsight it is a bit iffy, but I believe Superman (Post-Crisis) has resistance for a similar reason looking at the reasoning for the resistance there.

2.) I don't believe so, though she has canonically fought Sylux several times (The wielder of the weapon) and Gorea (A monster who incorporated the technology to its very being).

I dunno. I'm still kind of uncertain. Point is that Superman has said resistance because he resisted something meant to destroy him subatomically. Firing neutrinos, idk

And neutrinos are subatomic particles. Sylux's gun is meant to attack others with neutrinos, AKA attack on a subatomic level.

I don't think he said that, but no, we're not gonna consider the Ice Beam absolute zero.

Well, he said that she negates durability with Ice Beam, Shock Coil, Dark Beam and Omega Cannon and absolute zero is the only way i can think of that freezing can negate durability (feel free to correct me if i´m wrong, though).

Well sorta, you can technically still negate durability without absolute zero, it just wouldn't be to the same extent, basically absolute zero negates durability regardless of durability, whereas nigh-absolute zero negates durability up to a point, not completely.

Extreme cold can still block body functions (that's how it kills people irl).

If something is AZ, it literally falls apart as soon as you apply force to it.

Well, some characters do have a hax ability that allows them to survive/resist being frozen to AZ temperatures, but basically what SD and Kaltias said otherwise.

The reason why I said durability negation with the ice beam is because of when enemies get frozen by the ice beam, they shatter much easier than they would normally.

You should probably ask other Admins and Mods about the thread, or else the thread will get bumps until high-heaven.

I'll ask Cal, since he's also a Metroid supporter and a good friend of SD

Gonna point it out already.

Someone should make an explanation of how Samus's precognition works, because the reasons we've been giving in Vs thread (Which should not be like that) are pretty lackluster and vague.

Wasn't the PED suit helping Samus resist Phazon furing Metroid Prime 3? It was also implied the reason that the other hunters went crazy was because of using Hyper mode too much.

When you die due to hypermode in Prime 3, Samus turns into a dark samus replica. Similar to how the other hunters went crazy.

We're even told by the federation that they saved us because they installed the PED suit into Samus's Varia suit. It channels the phazon for her. Rather than overloading her with it. And if she does stay in Hypermode for too long, she has a chance of "overdosing" in a way.

For resistance to Phazon in Prime 3, we might have to take it with a grain of salt cause again, she's using the PED suit for the majority of the game.

She resisted Phazon hax in the first 2 Prime games, it the Phazon she deals with throughout Prime 3 is even greater levels of Phazon than previously. Also, resistance =/= immunity, so she still has much greater resistance to Phazon hax than most other characters naturally.

What specific hax happened in Prime 2? I know she had a phazon suit in Prime 1, which didn't stop Red Phazon from harming her, but I'm not so sure about Prime 2. It's been a while since I've played Prime 2.

I never claimed she was immune to phazon. Just that the PED suit was what gave her the resistance. Which didn't help her when she finally got to 75% and vomited. Meaning the PED suit was reaching it's limits.

Really the most resistance I think Samus had to Phazon was either Prime 1 or 3, one being almost immune to phazon and the other being resistant to it.

Samus fought Dark Samus in her Varia Suit, and resisted multiple attacks from the Phazon Beam. Which directs attacks from Phazon based attacks can cause soul manipulation, biological and technological manipulation, mind manipulation, ect. Phazon hax all of that stuff and Samus resisted all of that even in just her Varia Suit.

Additionally, while the PED suit in Prime 3 helps against most of the effects of Phazon, it does not stop the phazon fever (The majority of the abilities) from taking effect. And yes, it was because the Hunters used Hypermode a lot to a degree, it was still spreading, even if they didn't abuse it. However, Samus had not only used Hypermode several times across several worlds (including against the hunters), she also absorbed several Phazon cores, which is the main source of phazon on a planet as well as stepping on Phazee (Which corrupted her to the point that her own ship couldn't recognize her) without becoming Dark Samus nor succumbing to the phazon fever. The worse that happened was Samus vomiting after absorbing her third Phazon core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back