• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack AP Upgrade

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
I was watching an episode about an hour ago and I noticed this feat. Not sure how to quantify this (although I have an idea) but given that he is literally blowing apart a forest through just the air pressure of his clash alone I'd say an upgrade to "At least City Block level" would be fair enough for now?

Impressing, but isn't quantificable at all and that stat could came from nothing. I could have an idea, but would need the overpressure value for shatter wood (I pressume is >2 psi) and the area that they covered, would use the Hansen/Newman equation.

I was thinking City Block just to sheer area affected, with it likely being higher since it came from a weapon that isn't exactly well designed for a wide sphereical AoE like that.

Area covered can be gained by just scaling the width of the screen from Jack in the middle and then modelling that as the diameter of a sphere.

I'm sorry to go a bit off topic here, but I've been wondering about this regarding Jack for a while now and it might be better to just bring it up here than have multiple threads.

Why is Jack rated as "Large Country level against evil beings like Aku"? Is it explicitly stated that he suddenly becomes vastly superior when fighting someone who is evil? If not then perhaps he should just be rated as plain Large Country level.

Also why isn't his durability scaled to his striking strength in regards to his Class ZJ+ rating?

Isn't that just durability negation then? Or does his sword get like a power increase?

Welp, I could take a look at the scene and see what can I do, would need the name/number of the chapter.

@Ryu, not sure, but Large Country Jack sound pretty questionable for me, afaik, he can damage Aku due to his sword, not cuz he receive a boost.

Because his sword is explicitly stronger against evil beings and sword strikes do not scale to durability. Doing so would be an outlier anyways as it implies anyone (including random mooks) who hurts him is as strong as the big bad they are clearly weaker than.

"Because his sword is explicitly stronger against evil beings and sword strikes do not scale to durability Doing so would be an outlier anyways as it implies anyone (including random mooks) who hurts him is as strong as the big bad they are clearly weaker tha."

Well if what Antonio says about the sword is true, in that it doesn't gain a power boost rather just works on evil beings, this seems more like durability negation than him using Attack Potency to overwhelm Aku's durability. But if the sword really does get stronger, I suppose it's fine.

Why wouldn't his Class ZJ+ Striking Strength scale to his Durability? If his Attack Potency and Striking Strength become Large Country level when he is fighting people like Aku, and he's Large Building against everyone else, why shouldn't his Durability also be "Large Country level against evil beings like Aku"? I mean if the case is he gets so much stronger specifically fighting people like Aku, that kinda explains away his getting harmed by these supposed random mooks.

He does not gain some all-around stat boost against evil beings, his sword is simply stronger against them.

Alright then I suppose. From what you and Antonio say it seems more like the sword negates someone like Aku's durability. But if it just gets stronger alright then.

I think both "gets stronger" and "negates durability" are representing it wrong. It's more like... Grass-type Pokemon being weak to Fire-type.

@Xcano is he like, using Kryptonite against Superman in that sense then?

To be fair, that reasoning for his sword against higher beings like Aku had been there for quite a long time since it's creation probably.

It's likely to be just durability negation, perhaps. I don't mind if we take it off.

Speaking on his natural AP with his sword.......i'll let that be discussed.

@Xcano would that really scale to Attack Potency then?

@Ryu I think it should stay regardless to avoid NLF'ing the sword to "Well it hurts evil so he can probably cut Beerus in two". It gives a good cap for how powerful an evil being can be before it stops hurting them.

Well if it's not actually Attack Potency, we shouldn't rate it as such. Even if it's to avoid NLF which even then, if this sword is specifically Aku's weakness, then that likely wouldn't occur.

Shouldn't Jack's AP be way higher than it is currently?

According to the KE Feats page, speed can be used to find KE if the character is moving this fast while carrying a object, and Jack was carrying a human-sized Golden Gauntlet when he performed his Relativistic+ feat

As for the Gauntlet feat, I'll do a quick calc of it right now.

JackIsBack
Jack's height is 199 PX, the Gauntlet has a width of 114 PX and a radius of 63.5 PX. I forget Jacks official height so I'll use 1.7 Meters.

199 / 114 = 1.745614035087719

1.7 / 1.745614035087719 = 0.9738693467336685 Meters

199 / 63.5 = 3.133858267716535

1.7 / 3.133858267716535 = 0.542462311557789 Meters

Using a cylinder for volume, that lets us 0.90030509834 m^3.

Density of Iron is 7,874 kg/m^3

0.90030509834 * 7,874 = 7089.00234433 kg. Using 80% hollowness gives us 1417.80046887 kg.

Jack weights around 100 kg. 1417.80046887 + 100 = 1517.80046887. Relativistic Mass gives us a mass of 2529.0308211774413 kg.

2529.0308211774413 * 0.5 *2.398e+8^2 = 7.2714745e+19 Joules. 17 Gigatons.

I'll do a more formal one later, not feeling well right now. Could be an outlier, I'll let others decide.

I've always been under the opinion both the Rel feat (and thus the KE from it) were both outliers. I just didn't feel like arguing it since, while the feat I posted for an upgrade seems definitely within his range, I would like to see how the new season portrays him tomorrow before pulling out any low-showings. Just in case he gets a power boost.

Watch Samurai Jack Season 1 Episode 5
Watch Samurai Jack Season 1 Episode 5

He survive a reentry in atmosphere, It can be a good feat: Minute 21:06

^ Someone calced that on OBD and it was around Small Town - Town level. It wasn't accepted, so I'll try doing it.

Why Jack's AP isn't scaled from his durability? He regularly fights with people who are able to hurt him

That said, it's probably safer to put his durability at Town level rather than Mountain level, as we tend to put Mountain-busting feats at Town level unless calculated higher.

Muuuuh said:
He survive a reentry in atmosphere, It can be a good feat: Minute 21:06
Actually, wouldn't this episode support the relativistic feat? He was tagging the space ship even when they were close to light speed and still manage to maneuver without much problem.

Nah. Unless the ship flew past him and he grabbed it anyway simply flying up to a ship only requires human level reactions.

Ah, I see.

What about blocking the wasp-megarobot death beam of... Death? While up-close, I might add. The beam was going to hit the ship (tho the scientist said there was a low probability of actually hitting).

Timeframe? My internet is bad and loading the whole episode would take ages.

Yeah that seems legit. Timeframe for the ship stated to be nigh-lightspeed? I know they say "almost at top speed" but I'm looking more for the "lightspeed" part of that.

19:12

The guy said that they were "almost at top speed", which earlier in the episode (and shown in the finale) was talked of it being lightspeed (since they proposed if Jack was at the escape capsule and lunched it while they were nearing sub-light speeds, he could travel in time). Time frame for that is 12:40

Back