• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack: A revision and a downgrade

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Enhanced Senses for Aku as he can smell blood to sense where others are as maybe shown in s1e2, better shown in s3e4, and in s4e8 he eventually sensed a presence nearby by means not stated.

His profile showing that one time he turned into a woman next to his main image is cringe and should be removed or moved to a gallery.

And his tier is just wrong. He didn't create nor survive what's there, let alone can he recreate it with an attack. The fraction of that evil being fell into Earth, made that feat, and yet another fraction of that was given life; that's Aku. He's not that whole thing that fell into Earth, but a fraction of it. He doesn't always hit Jack, but he did so many times w/o one-shotting him, they scale to each other, if likely Aku's power varies with his size. He also got amped via the work he gave to slaves over Jack's lands and needed armies to take over the world.

And that's it. I also very much think that the speed he and Jack have is wrong, but I didn't see the last season yet so eh.

He doesn't always hit Jack, but he did so many times w/o one-shotting him, they scale to each other, if likely Aku's power varies with his size.
It's probably better to scale Aku to the giant Samurai robot. He did more damage in a single hit that the Mondobot did nuking a city.

And that's it. I also very much think that the speed he and Jack have is wrong, but I didn't see the last season yet so eh.
No their speed is definitely wrong.

My internal reasoning for that is Jack struggling to dodge arrows and needing to get better at it (Granted, from super skilled archers), him consistently having guns as a threat to be careful around, his comparable Scottish friend dealing with them in the same manner in his solo ep, and all the few feats at Rel being technicalities as they are happening and calcs can be made out of them, but then one can also choose not to by reasonably interpreting that they were accidental.

I don’t remember it ever being stated that the fragment that hit the Earth was any larger than Aku, just that it gained sentience. But, Aku has a very casual Large Town level+ to City level+ feat for destroying a time portal in Season 5.

Edit: I might have to look into that feat again. I don’t think they scaled the crater entirely with the bird.

Aku’s powers sort of depend on exactly what he shapeshifts into, but it’s shown during his supposedly fair duel with Jack that he can alter his level of strength seemingly regardless of size. If anything, I’d more say Aku’s powers scale above his physical strength given his performance against Mondobot.

As for Jack withstanding his blows, it’s 1000% PIS. Aku is on par with and stronger than Jack while decreasing his powers massively during their ‘fair fight’, annihilated an army of Jack’s colleagues, shredded Mondobot, and killed the Guardian. Either that, or it’s just another example of his physical strength being eclipsed by his abilities.

I’m neutral on the speed downgrade, but Jack’s warp drive feat is very sus, I think his lifting strength feat is a massive outlier, and the Emperor absolutely does not scale to Jack.

That’s also something I’ve been meaning to bring up since forever. Aku has his slaves in the past and future to increase his powers by mining minerals. It’s implied he also does this with worlds outside of Earth.

Last edited:
Aku’s powers scale above his physical strength given his performance against Mondobot.
Yeah I think the best choice to to calc the city wide explosion Mondobot made and upscale Aku from that.

but Jack’s warp drive feat is very sus,
It is. Jack just stood in the way of the energy blast with his sword up. He didn't need to react to anything, the ship also only hit SoL after the timer ran out.

I think his lifting strength feat is a massive outlier
He never lifted Sumotoro as a note. He just tickled him until he rolled off Jack.

He does have some Class K showings like pushing over some marble/sandstone pillars in the Minions of Set episode.

I’ve always been planning to do some Mondobot calculations. It fired bullets with cartridges heavy enough to totally crush cars, and has a space feat.

I’ll look into the pillars feat while I’m at it.

I've done the calculations. I wanted your opinions before I took it to get evaluated.

Edit: It got accepted anyway.

Last edited:
I've asked calculations request for the Minions of Set feat since there's variables I don't know how to account for.

For the Sumoto feat, this is how large he is. Assuming his torso is 3 Jacks in height and width, and two Jacks in thickness, Jack himself would only need to withstand something like 20 tons in order to crawl out, but you can't really lift 1 section of a person individually, so it makes sense that he can withstand this weight but not lift it.

At least 7-A Aku with 6-B Environmental Destruction/Prep doesn't sound to bad.

I checked the episode where Aku destroys the time portal, and the feat is fine. It was the bird that descended.

There's also smoke coming off Jack's clothing, suggesting it's a heat-based attack, so 7-A seems consistent.

I’m neutral on the speed downgrade, but Jack’s warp drive feat is very sus
Well I looked into it and I'm going with its not speed
The ship has its own set of issues
Let's say this is the rocket. If you get into the escape pod at the nose of the ship. And jettison when we hit sub-light speed, that should put you at faster than light. Which would easily send you back to your own time.

This would work?

Oh, yes. This theory is... This theory is very sound. Just make sure you're in the pod before we hit light speed.
Don't forget, Jack, you must be in the pod when we make the jump to warp drive.
We are approaching top speed. Jack, forget them. Let's go! Maximum velocity will be achieved in 1.2 minutes.
The ship never hit lightspeed until it triggered the jump drive at the end, where it clearly looks far different than before.

In fact even Jack's Low 7-C justification looks suspect since the fire Ultra-Robot never hit Jack with any of its attacks.

The Ultra-Robot was in the epicentre of its heat attack, so I assume it'd scale via durability.

But Jack couldn't harm them without enhanced strength/focusing attacks.

Also, it did hit him once, but at long range.

Well I looked into it and I'm going with its not speed
The ship has its own set of issues

The ship never hit lightspeed until it triggered the jump drive at the end, where it clearly looks far different than before.

In fact even Jack's Low 7-C justification looks suspect since the fire Ultra-Robot never hit Jack with any of its attacks.
jack has his sword above his head when the beam is fired and then moved it in front of him as the beam approached in slow motion

jack has his sword above his head when the beam is fired and then moved it in front of him as the beam approached in slow motion
The sword was always in front of him from the start. Its just the way the later scene is framed that the perspective makes it look like Jack moved.

Even if he did move, the beam would have hit the ship before it actived its SoL drive, not after.

say that the robots could hurt each other
But none of the robots every hit or were shown to survive a hit from the fire robot. For all we know it could one shot/easily kill the other models like with the shuriken and Gatling gun Ultra-Robots, which would go against scaling their durability to AP.

But none of the robots every hit or were shown to survive a hit from the fire robot. For all we know it could one shot/easily kill the other models like with the shuriken and Gatling gun Ultra-Robots, which would go against scaling their durability to AP.
The fire one survived it's own AoE, there all appear to be made of the same materials but they might just have a massive heat resistance

The fire one survived it's own AoE
But that doesn't mean the other ones can. If their weapons can one shot themselves as you've just shown them scaling to the weapons of a completely different Ultra-Bot is incredibly questionable.

But that doesn't mean the other ones can. If their weapons can one shot themselves as you've just shown them scaling to the weapons of a completely different Ultra-Bot is incredibly questionable.
They only difference between them is their weapons, the other weapons being better against a single target than the AoE doesn't seem that absurd
Jack also survived a bomb to the face by one

Bump?

I'd also like to point out that heat doesn't translate into physical durability. As tanking large amount of heat is heat resistance. Without a universal/shared energy source that shows it can use that same energy to increase its physical power. I don't see any reason to assume this would scale to the robot or to Jack's Durability.

I don't know Samurai Jack all to well, so my apologies if this should be discussed somewhere else.

I'm gonna chime in and say that the robots could hurt each other and Jack could survive hits from them. so I think that's an argument for his durability staying
Jack is consistently able to match characters who can harm him. In this case, it was his sword that couldn't breach their skin, making that a huge inconsistency.

He always has to avoid the bullets in the episode, so I'd just say it's extreme force over small surface area.

Last edited:
Back