• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack - Extended Canon

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
This article states that, from a writer on the show, and creator Genndy Tartakovsky himself, that Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time is the true canon ending to the show.

And as I rewatched the final episode, there was a small window in the episode and it's totally innocuous. It's just an edit where Jack is going through a time portal with Ashi on his way back to the past to destroy Aku. And we literally cut to Aku in the past, and there's like a 50-second zone where we don't see Jack reemerge through the portal. And so, I was like, “Well, what happened during that 50 seconds?” It suddenly became an unexplained space right there that has to do with time.

And I started to think: "What if Aku knew he was going to be destroyed, so, it's his last-ditch attempt? He trapped Jack and it’s knocking him down a 'well of time.'" And by doing that, we could explore all the different aspects of the series. And then Jack had to climb back out and get right back on his path. It became an adventure within an adventure.

So basically, this story takes place during the 50 seconds while Jack and Ashi were in the portal in this episode. It takes a divergent path once Jack is knocked into this "well of time". After the game ends, we jump back in where we left off. The only difference is the true ending where Ashi gets to live.

Abilities From The Game:

Aura, Energy Projection, Shockwave Generation, more Statistics Amplification: Jack can use "kiai" to create energy shockwaves, of varying degrees of strength, and empower his weapons to increase their strength.

More Attack Reflection: Jack can deflect bullets.

Time Manipulation: While using Counter, Jack can slow down time around his opponents.

Electricity Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement: With X-28 and X-49 Bombs which can stun an enemy for a prolonged period of time.

Explosion Manipulation: With Explosive Arrows.

More Weapons/Equipment: Nodachi, Morning Star, Spiked Club, Warhammer, Lightning Spear, Axe, Naginata, Katana, Mallet, Great Samurai Warrior's Sword, Kaiken, Shuriken, Reaper, Various Bows, Explosive Arrow, Revolver, Pistol, Machine Gun, Battle Rifle, X-28 and X-49 Bombs

Agree: Spilxson2, CBslayeR (2)
Disgaree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Agree with it being canon, but I've heard there's new stats we can get from the game also.

Apparently 4-A Aku might be a thing?

I agree with it being canon. (Please don't say necro, I am ill and binge-watching the entirety of Samurai Jack)

I agree with this being useable

Though the Time Manip thing should be labeled as "Speed Amplification and Perception Manipulation" unless its stated or shown in some way that the ability there is explicitly affecting time

Seems reasonable (though i agree with the time stuff lonkitt/carvalho brought up). Is this going to be a separate key?

Back