• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Profile Revisions (Part 3 - Hachimaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P sure Jojo does something similar with their stats as well. At least with speed
However, JoJo also has a feat attached to the stat (Made in Heaven), which is how it was solidly accepted.

In this case, there doesn't seem to be a proper feat, but the stats still reflect infinity, with these stats being acknowledged of demanding energy to maintain and whatnot (even having levels of stress upon the body), which is why Possibly may be appropriate.

In this case, there doesn't seem to be a proper feat, but the stats still reflect infinity, with these stats being acknowledged of demanding energy to maintain and whatnot (even having levels of stress upon the body), which is why Possibly may be appropriate.
If your inquiry pertains to infinite speed, I must admit my uncertainty. It could be argued that the given statistics merely signify an “unlimited” speed, without necessarily implying the ability to surpass everyone or perceive them as motionless, or the capacity to traverse into the future. Alternatively, it could refer to a state of perpetual existence without constraints or fatigue, which is a less presumptive interpretation compared to others.

Regarding the high 3-A rating, I express my opposition. We have established criteria and discernible standards for such classifications. Merely possessing infinite strength is insufficient grounds for attaining this rating, as there are numerous characters who possess that attribute.

If your inquiry pertains to infinite speed, I must admit my uncertainty. It could be argued that the given statistics merely signify an “unlimited” speed, without necessarily implying the ability to surpass everyone or perceive them as motionless, or the capacity to traverse into the future. Alternatively, it could refer to a state of perpetual existence without constraints or fatigue, which is a less presumptive interpretation compared to others.
Doing mental gymnastics is a valid position to have, but the most likely and simpler explanation is: When they say it's infinity and show the symbol for infinity, it's meant to be taken as infinity. Whether we would accept it without proper feats it's a completely different matter, but considering how they go on to attribute these statistics as legitimate...stats lol (with effects to their bodies, the attacks they can employ, etc) then we should probably consider them legit. Possibly is a nice rating we have precisely for these very cases.

Yea it's very probable imo that it's meant to mean actual infinite considering how it lays out all the stats in that fashion and put emphasis on infinity

Doing mental gymnastics is a valid position to have, but the most likely and simpler explanation is: When they say it's infinity and show the symbol for infinity, it's meant to be taken as infinity.
I don't hold a contrary view on this. Within the verse realm, the statistics are infinite, and I have no objection to it (although, in this particular context, I would understand it as “unlimited”). However, this doesn't necessarily imply that it aligns with our established standards and philosophical classification system.
Possibly is a nice rating we have precisely for these very cases.
I would agree for the case of infinite speed as highlighted before, but not for high 3-A one.
Yea it's very probable imo that it's meant to mean actual infinite considering how it lays out all the stats in that fashion and put emphasis on infinity
The fact that the context doesn't necessarily conform to a mathematical framework doesn't negate the idea being discussed.

I’m not really gonna keep going back and forth with you dread, I think you just have a fundamental misunderstanding of why the rating is being proposed as it is. Hachimaru is being proposed to have possibly infinite stats because 1) that’s what the stats indicate (that’s what mathematical infinity means), 2) there are no anti-feats, but 3) there is no feat for that Hachimaru, it’s statement based, hence why it’s not a full rating. I’d agree with you dread if you were contesting a full on rating, but if you read our page describing why we award possibly ratings, I think you’ll understand why I disagree with the removal of his infinite stats entirely. If you still disagree with what I’m saying, cool. Deceived can defend his profile

Well, since I have three mods approving of the changes, with zero mods disagreeing and the needed allot of time having been massively passed. I'm applying the changes to the profile.

I do not have any potential misunderstandings whatsoever. I agree that rating for speed might be appropriate, but not for attack potency itself. We have guidelines in place for such specific cases. However, please refrain from using “mathematical infinity” arguments, as I have clarified that the symbol does not imply a mathematical contextual framework. The symbol is also used for a philosophical infinity; it is purely a symbolic representation.

In-verse statistics cannot be directly equated to our statistics for a significant reason: the standards and settings between our wiki and theirs are fundamentally different.

You can forcefully apply the changes while there are remaining open arguments. I won't mind.

Last edited:
I'm not forcefully applying changes, I'm applying accepted changes that three different mods with evaluation rights approve of, while just you, someone who isn't a mod, nor has evaluation rights, disagrees with. Just because you disagree doesn't mean we stall the thread's currently accepted conclusion 🗿.

Sure, I suppose arguments from members with blue names should be deemed invalid and no longer considered simply because they have “blue names." It's actually quite ironic, especially coming from you specifically, who believes that one's argument or input is not related to their race. Therefore, the argument will be given due consideration.

Yes, it is true that three staff members have agreed, but there is an ongoing open discussion.

Dread stop moralizing this has nothing to do with race 😭 these situations are not comparable whatsoever, relax. If you despise the threads conclusion, review the evidence on your own time, and if you deem it necessary make a debunk thread.

Sure, I suppose arguments from members with blue names should be deemed invalid and no longer considered simply because they have “blue names." It's actually quite ironic, especially coming from you specifically, who believes that one's argument or input is not related to their race. Therefore, the argument will be given due consideration.

Yes, it is true that three staff members have agreed, but there is an ongoing open discussion.
dread if anybody with a blue name could halt the crt just because they happend to disagree even if mods approved the discussion would never end

dread if anybody with a blue name could halt the crt just becaus they happend to disagree even if mods approved the discussion would never end
You mean they agreed before any opposed side began to speak? Sure.

If you despise the threads conclusion, review the evidence on your own time, and if you deem it necessary make a debunk thread.
I am relaxed and open to having a normal conversation, but when the opposing side is abruptly silenced as soon as they start speaking, it seems reminiscent of argumentum ad lapidem.

I don't “despise” conclusion; I believe the word you used inaccurately describes my perspective. Overall it's fine, I envy his editing style and all. I plan to discuss this with a thread moderator, and if their viewpoint aligns with the majority here, I am open to changing my mind as well.

I am relaxed and open to having a normal conversation, but when the opposing side is abruptly silenced as soon as they start speaking, it seems reminiscent of argumentum ad lapidem.

I don't “despise” conclusion; I believe the word you used inaccurately describes my perspective. Overall it's fine, I envy his editing style and all. I plan to discuss this with a thread moderator, and if their viewpoint aligns with the majority here, I am open to changing my mind as well.
Ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back