• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Profile Revisions (Part 3 - Hachimaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be "possibly High 3-A/Infinite" it should just flat out be that. It's super blatant. Otherwise looks good.

I'm calling Damage and Deagonx
20230418_120827.jpg

The sandbox is the embodiment of perfectionism (I need to start getting lessons from deceived to teach me his skills on editing)

How is it infinite speed if there is a value for it? This is an anti-feat for me.

Thanks for the note, but I disagree with assigning a high 3-A rating based on this particular context.
I am uncertain whether they intended “infinite” to mean “unlimited in terms of stamina" or not, so I will maintain a neutral stance on this issue.

Does not really imply that they meant in terms of our standards and requirements for it. Did he display feats?

Thanks for the note, but I disagree with assigning a high 3-A rating based on this particular context.
I am uncertain whether they intended “infinite” to mean “unlimited in terms of stamina" or not, so I will maintain a neutral stance on this issue.
If you read the series, those little video game stats are determinant of his actual stats. If you want to assign some weird headcanon definition for them please support it with evidence. Otherwise you’re just making an unsubstantiated claim

Firstly, it is necessary for you to provide evidence to support your argument. It is not incumbent upon me to read the entire series in order to express my position. Secondly, when I mentioned the possibility of being infinite, I was referring to a state of perpetual existence without limitations or fatigue. These are the thoughts I have in relation to the given context.

If the lack of available context renders my assertion invalid, it is not a matter for which I am responsible.

Firstly, it is necessary for you to provide evidence to support your argument.
His speed is denoted by mathematical infinity. The evidence is in the OP.

Secondly, when I mentioned the possibility of being infinite, I was referring to a state of perpetual existence without limitations or fatigue
This point isn’t relevant, he doesn’t need to be able to move at a specific speed forever, if he can only do it in combat he’d still get a rating. But regardless we can deduce that if he has infinite stats he’d have infinite energy to pull from, thus it is more likely than not he can do so without fatigue.

If the lack of available context renders my assertion invalid, it is not a matter for which I am responsible.
You have 0 evidence for your claims, so they’re just unsubstantiated.

NLF if it's infinite speed and h3-a rating
Having possibly High 3-A AP and possibly infinite speed from stats denoted by mathematical infinity isn’t NLF. It’s logical deduction.

I got this from a manga I read

Will this gain h3a attack potency and durability?

His speed is denoted by mathematical infinity. The evidence is in the OP.
If you are alluding to the previous response he provided when he was uncertain about the nature of the mark, my position will remain unaltered.
This point isn’t relevant, he doesn’t need to be able to move at a specific speed forever, if he can only do it in combat he’d still get a rating. But regardless we can deduce that if he has infinite stats he’d have infinite energy to pull from, thus it is more likely than not he can do so without fatigue.
Are there any notable demonstrations of abilities in this regard? Has he exhibited any instances of remarkable speed? I am not against considering statistics within the fictional universe, but I am skeptical that he can attain infinite speed if he has not displayed any such feats. Moreover, it is worth noting that their definition of “infinite speed” may differ from ours, potentially indicating a distinct understanding of the concept.
You have 0 evidence for your claims, so they’re just unsubstantiated.
This is not a claim, but rather as an interpretation based on the linguistic context provided. It is now your province to present a counter-interpretation or provide additive context to further the discussion.
Having possibly High 3-A AP and possibly infinite speed from stats denoted by mathematical infinity isn’t NLF. It’s logical deduction.
However, this does not align with the standard approach. Characters are not assigned a high 3-A rating simply based on possessing infinite strength. Such a rating is granted when they have demonstrated the capability to produce a singular output of infinite energy.

If you are alluding to the previous response he provided when he was uncertain about the nature of the mark, my position will remain unaltered.
I’m referring to the evidence in the OP. Hence why I said “in the OP”

This is not a claim, but rather as an interpretation based on the linguistic context provided. It is now your province to present a counter-interpretation or provide additive context to further the discussion.
No dread… you made a claim about what the mathematically infinite stats mean. You need to substantiate your claim or it’s baseless. All I did was reiterate what is in the OP backed by the scans referenced on the profile. You don’t debate by giving unsubstantiated claims dread.

However, this does not align with the standard approach. Characters are not assigned a high 3-A rating simply based on possessing infinite strength. Such a rating is granted when they have demonstrated the capability to produce a singular output of infinite energy.
Having infinite power literally is the definition of High 3-A… it’s a possibly rating because it’s based on a “statement” rather than feats. But we can assign ratings and whatnot based on reliable statements.

I’m referring to the evidence in the OP. Hence why I said “in the OP”
Certainly, however, the ongoing discussion primarily revolves around the evidence that the user has recently presented in support of their claims regarding high 3-A ranking and infinite speed.
No dread… you made a claim about what the mathematically infinite stats mean. You need to substantiate your claim or it’s baseless. All I did was reiterate what is in the OP backed by the scans referenced on the profile. You don’t debate by giving unsubstantiated claims dread.
There is no presence of a framework based on the concept of “mathematical infinity” within this context. When asked about the mark, he simply responded with the term "infinite," which does not necessarily suggest a mathematical context in its entirety.

My objective is not to engage in debates concerning unverified assertions, but rather to discuss the interpretation I have derived from the provided context.
Having infinite power literally is the definition of High 3-A… it’s a possibly rating because it’s based on a “statement” rather than feats. But we can assign ratings and whatnot based on reliable statements.
No, that is not the case. Characters are not assigned a high ranking solely based on having infinite strength. This assertion is entirely inaccurate.
Q: What is the Tier for possessing Infinite Power or Infinite Strength?
A:
Statements regarding infinite power, infinite strength, or unlimited quantities do not automatically indicate an ability to produce an infinite amount of energy at once. For example, a power source that never depletes could have an infinite quantity of energy, but can't necessarily be wielded with infinite magnitude (not all at once). Statements involving "infinite power/strength" must be clearly indicative of magnitude to qualify for tiering, in order to avoid inflated ratings or inconsistencies in a story. Further, the hyperbolic nature of the phrase must be taken into consideration, where characters are prone to describing someone's power as infinite in a context where it is so great as to be insurmountable from their perspective, but not truly infinite in a manner relevant to their tier. If proven, however, statements of infinite strength would qualify for High 3-A or higher if evidence regarding a higher degree of infinity above baseline is established.
I want to clarify that our current discussion revolves around whether it is appropriate to assign the character a specific rating. We are deliberating whether the character should receive the rating at all, rather than debating the specific magnitude of the rating.

Certainly, however, the ongoing discussion primarily revolves around the evidence that the user has recently presented in support of their claims regarding high 3-A ranking and infinite speed.
I am aware

There is no presence of a framework based on the concept of “mathematical infinity” within this context. When asked about the mark, he simply responded with the term "infinite," which does not necessarily suggest a mathematical context in its entirety.
Look at the funny little sideways 8, that’s mathe

My objective is not to engage in debates concerning unverified assertions, but rather to discuss the interpretation I have derived from the provided context.
It’s not unverified. It’s merely assigning a possibly rating based on a likely probability of it veing

No, that is not the case. Characters are not assigned a high ranking solely based on having infinite strength. This assertion is entirely inaccurate.
Well luckily for Hachimaru that isn’t the case. It’s backed by us seeing the mathematical symbol for infinity, and the series has multiple High 3-A/Low 2-C feats anyway.

I want to clarify that our current discussion revolves around whether it is appropriate to assign the character a specific rating. We are deliberating whether the character should receive the rating at all, rather than debating the specific magnitude of the rating.
If you read carefully the Q&A says they don’t “automatically” grant that rating. We aren’t flat out giving the rating dread. I’m about to head on a 4 hour drive so I’ll be heading out for now

Look at the funny little sideways 8, that’s mathe
Which one? The Imgur has seven pages, would you be kind and point it out for me. (First be safe on four hours drive)
It’s not unverified. It’s merely assigning a possibly rating based on a likely probability of it veing
Regardless of its verification status, the impression I have formed is based on the available context. It is now your responsibility to provide a counterargument if you believe my interpretation to be inaccurate due to the limited context provided thus far.
Well luckily for Hachimaru that isn’t the case. It’s backed by us seeing the mathematical symbol for infinity, and the series has multiple High 3-A/Low 2-C feats anyway.
Did not really address my points and whole the standards
If you read carefully the Q&A says they don’t “automatically” grant that rating. We aren’t flat out giving the rating dread. I’m about to head on a 4 hour drive so I’ll be heading out for now
You are, you are simply giving him “high 3-A” for infinite strength.
indicate an ability to produce an infinite amount of energy at once.
My whole point. He did not perform feat, the statements are not enough. I don't think this grants any tier.

Dread it's on page 4 and 5, you can't exactly miss it if you go through it
He said 8, so I was kinda confused

Edit:
Ok I checked the pages, and my points are still remained unaddressed, he failed to adequately acknowledge my initial concern. Him highlighting the issue and my subsequent statement regarding the lack of mathematical context do not contribute significantly to its resolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back