• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Discussion Thread

Rocker1189 said:
Viz translations are out for chapter 9 and as I thought the distance was a mistranslation. It says 12 daishaku which appears to be an in verse distance if I am correct.
My favorite things are people that don't understand Japanese speaking on Japanese.

A daishaku is a large shaku.

1 daishaku is 35.6 centimeters.

1 shaky is about 30 centimeters.

So what Ata said was weird.

It's not a multiplier persay but if it is like nautical miles then it is likely a modified version of the shaku, probably for space. After all a nautical mile is 1.15 miles. Not a huge difference but it does mean that there is a difference. Seriously though why did the manga sites decide to translate it to something else..just use what it tells you.

TheFinalOrder said:
Ok, so....That makes no sense. 1 Shaku = 33 cm. The "Dai" in it, doesn't act as a multiplier or anything but instead is a...crap, I don't remember the name but an example would be: "Nautical".
This is wrong.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
My favorite things are people that don't understand Japanese speaking on Japanese.

Well I am sorry for not understanding despite the fact that I checked online first...

I saw stuff for shaku and nothing for daishaku

Well I am sorry for not understanding despite the fact that I checked online first...

Don't know when I was so called speaking on Japanese either. I said it appeared to be an in verse measurement. Based on the fact that I did not see anything on dai-shaku

I saw stuff for shaku and nothing for dai-shaku

I can only imagine it to be where the planet was originally before he got there. Or just an overall coordinate.

How is that headcanon? Planets move right? If you are given a coordinate and distance to a planets destination while being a galactic quadrants away chances are when you get there the planet would have shifted.

No I am saying that it is a distance to the coordinate given to him by princess Niri. How is it not a distance? Last I checked. 4.272m is a distance.

In fact supporting my second point the distance to location was for the ball sector. Not for the planet itself.

TheFinalOrder said:
Ok, so....That makes no sense. 1 Shaku = 33 cm. The "Dai" in it, doesn't act as a multiplier or anything but instead is a...crap, I don't remember the name but an example would be: "Nautical".
This is wrong.
My bad, I only did 15 minutes of searching, lol.

It doesn't but it is very weird. I would like to understand what it meant..but we might not ever get an explanation lol.

B023 said:
Plot twist: Ata is the protagonist. Hachimaru and the seven keys are destined evil lords. Good guy Ata.
Really? It seemed like he was faking it to see how things would turn out to me. This also makes sense of why his timing of helping hachimaru breaking Ronin's armor in one shot was so good.

Question tho... I once did a calc on the DC of the tank ball hachimaru split apart and got Building+[likely large building since the scan we have doesn't show the full diameter of the Crater it made].

Would hachimaru scale to the dc of the tank?

With samurai armour he Def would. Without it? Idk. They did not stop the armour shot after all just split it apart. But at the same time the people in the tank were sure it was impenetrable. So possibly.

Rocker1189 said:
With samurai armour he Def would. Without it? Idk. They did not stop the armour shot after all just split it apart. But at the same time the people in the tank were sure it was impenetrable. So possibly.
Hayataro actually did stop it. His defenses weren't broken until after being hit few more time, so yeah you're right on that part about armored hachimaru easily being able to.

But my real question is does hachimaru in base back then, scale to the tank's DC as he could split it's Canon ball.

Plus hachimaru back them could split the tank bullet but failed to even harm the 2 guardians he and damura encountered at that cave. He did successfully cut through them after getting control of his samurai soul sword though

Also, regarding raw chapters, all the sites I've seen only have 8 so far. Seems like chapter 9 raw won't be out on those sites till later today or tomorrow.

Would Ata receive a 5-B rating since he said he would eliminate the planet? The other translations say he was going to destroy the planet as well.

also, is just me or did the princess sense more lokerballs than before? It looks like there is more than last time.

Let's wait for this weeks to get an idea of ata destroying the planet thing whether it's outright busting or some other way

I am seriously glad the Princess mechanic isn't cheesy. I was really scared for a moment. But I see how important they are, but if Kishi is going that route, I hope he plays up their importance more. Princesses should be as important as Biju in Naruto tbh. At Least.

Screenshot 20190708-085048

The Viz translation of this scan. There's also the part where ata seemed to have referred to hachimaru's planet as "A Big one", which pretty much confirms their planet has both larger size and gravity than earth [we were also shown like 2 moons orbiting the planet]

He isn't saying that it is big relative to other planets; he is seeing two celestial objects (the planet and the Moon) and he's asking if the target is presumably the planet and not the moon.

I agre with @Damage3245 . He is only asking if his target is on the moon or the planet, referring the planet as the big one.

Damage3245 said:
He isn't saying that it is big relative to other planets; he is seeing two celestial objects (the planet and the Moon) and he's asking if the target is presumably the planet and not the moon.
Hmm...make sense

@AlphaXlr8 What chapter is that scan from? I don't remember seeing a floating or whatever that thing is above the planet?

AstralKing7 said:
Really!!? Damn that's great man this manga is so hype!ƒöуöуöÑ
Yea, the official chapter is out on friday this week so the scanlations should be on wednesday. 2 days earlier...

Back