• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakazuki (Akainu) vs Illaoi

Akainu by sohai9132-d5r102n
"We must eliminate the very possibility of this "evil" existing!! "

Illaoi by joacoful-d9glvtl
"Good? Evil? Why should we care for such things?"

Akainu's profile Illaoi's profile

I was reading about Bilgewater while i was talking with a friend that was a huge One Piece fan. So...This came to my mind.I just feel like it.

Scenario:

After surviving the Harrowing of the year. Bilgewater enters in war with Marineford. As the laters recently discovered the existence of the pirate island and, taken advantage of the current situation of the city because of Gangplank "death" and the Harrowing, launches a surprise attack against dozens of its ships. The conflict quickly escalated with Marineford having the obvious upperhand. Illaoi, knowing that without her intervention the city will be burn to ash. And with the help of Gangplank challenges the greatest admiral to a singular battle. Akainu relunctantly accepts the challenge and both meet on one of the islands close to Bilgewater to finally decide the fate of both nations.

Rules:

-As seen in the scenario above. Both are in character. Illaoi has basic knowledge of Akainu. But Akainu has none.

-Victory by death or incap.

Scenario 2:

-Same as the first. But with speed equalized.

So many LoL matches tonight. Ok lets see...

Round 1: I'm assuming that by basic knowledge you mean she knows the nature of his Devil Fruit powers. If that's the case it could go either way. Since she would know that physical attacks wouldn't work on him Illaoi's best bet would be to try to hit Akainu with Test of Spirit, but this could be difficult since he's faster than her. If he gets in close or charges her she might be able to land a hit but if he keeps his distance she's can't really do much. Then again she could always destroy the island they're on. I'm leaning toward Akainu on this one with high difficulty.

Round 2: Illaoi wins. If she couldn't hit him with Test of Spirit before she can now. She pulls out his soul, wails on it, lets it return to his body and reflect the damage onto him, then repeats the process. And again, she could always destroy the island.

I've always assumed that the tentacles that Illaoi spawns are mystical in nature (you know. They are glowing, big, transparent tentacles) that wouldn't help against his logia? sure. The Eye of Nagakabouros and the usual punches and kicks wouldn't work. But the tentacles MAY be able to hurt him even with his logia form.

Also. Illaoi doesn't need to use Test of Spirit two times. I mean, that's in game mechanics. In-lore she literally rips the soul and the tentacles start attacking the person. If the person can't set himself "in motion" or can't show his will to live as he wants to live. His soul is destroyed by Nagakabouros and dies instantly.

She'd still have to hit him, and in round 1 that'd be a bit difficult given the speed gap. In round 2 though she'd definitely win since they'd be the same speed.

Doesn't Akainu have Haki? That's a testament of strong will already. I'd say that's an issue resolved. And of course can't Akainu form a volcano if Illaoi tries to sink the island? And magma seems much more dangerous for a setting to fight for water monsters.

And would speed equalization really mean an instant-win when it really means they can face off each other.

I thought having a strong will just allows you to resist Haoshoku Haki, but even so she'd still be able to attack his soul before he retrieves it and she can still pull it out of him again. I don't believe Akainu has ever made a volcano, and if she destroys the island Akainu would be helpless because of the Devil Fruit weakness to being submerged in water. Illaoi isn't a water monster...

And it's not an instant win, just a fairly easy win.

Some people have strong will but fall to Hashoku Haki anyway. One needs to have a particularly strong will and quoting the lore-

(She does this knowing those who fail will be completely annihilated, for the great Kraken has no tolerance for cowardice, doubt, or restraint.

So if anything with Akainu's dedication and will and how he shows none of those, well he'll probably survive. They might even become buds after. Admiral Illaoi huh. Wonder what title should be given to her. Then again that's if he's not strong enough to resist and he could use the tactic below.

It'll be annoying for her to keep doing that if Akainu keeps shooting magma towards her and towards his own soul. He can't be harmed by his own magma so covering that with his own attack would help

Strictly referring to the water tentacles/gods she summons. That's the water monsters I'm referring to.

And destroying the island is a possibility, but then again I already argued my case for the scaling thing with the Black Mist and how it's more soul resistance than anything and how no islands were actually sunk and it's not even a case of AP

Gotta go after this so will continue this debate later

Okey...Les start with a couple of things.

First of all. Illaoi can rip the soul of people without actually testing them, or at least something similar. I've recently re-read Shadow and Fortune and this is what i've found.

"She shielded her eyes as the light billowed outwards like writhing tentacles and where it met the Black Mist it stripped it bare, exposing the twisted souls within. The sinuous light pulled the dead onwards, purging the baleful magic that cursed them to undeath so very long ago."

"

Hecarim's blade drew back for another strike, but before the blow could land, the light finally pierced his veil of darkness. He bellowed in pain and fell back from its burning touch. The dark rider's outline shimmered, like two picture box images wavering in candlelight on the same backcloth.

Miss Fortune caught a fleeting glimpse of a tall rider, armored in silver and gold. A young man, handsome and proud with dark eyes and a future of glory ahead of him. "

This is for the part 4 of Shadow and Fortune. Basically the climax when Nagakabouros power purge the Black Mist

About the tentacles. Those are not "water" tentacles and his God is certanly not a terrestrain god. Much less a water god. The description of the tentacles is always like this:

"Miss Fortune turned and saw the spiraling statue bathed in blinding radiance. White light smoked from its surfaces, and shadows fled from its touch. She shielded her eyes as the light billowed outwards like writhing tentacles and where it met the Black Mist it stripped it bare"-Shadow and Fortune

"She reached out with her mind and called forth the energy of the Mother Serpent as she swung the giant idol forward. A glowing mist vomited from the icon's mouth and swirls of blue-green energy formed around the Mother Serpent's face, solidifying into ghostly tentacles. Touched by gold, these tendrils were as beautiful as the sunrise over water, and as horrifying as the darkest undersea abomination. More tentacles grew from the icon, replicating around the room as if born from some unknowable mathematics. Exponentially they grew larger, and somehow each one's growth seemed to hold all the promise and horror of the world."-The Burden/Illaoi's backstory

I think it's pretty clear that they are mystical. Not water tentacles.

Also. Lets start talking about the Test itself.

The Test of Spirit that Illaoi uses it's a way to put a person "in motion" the concept of "motion" in Illaoi's religion is a bit complex. But i'll try to explain it. To the people of Buhru everyone should follow what their hearts desire and accomplish their true destiny. It doesn't necessary has to go against the wishes of a nation, or a code, or is related to good or evil. This can be seen in some of her quotes. For example. her taunt against demacians:

"You are slaves enchained by lies when we were born to chase our desires!"

"What is truly noble and good would never ask you to serve another!"

"Honour? Duty? Ha! What your heart demands is all that matters."

"No love is impossible, my god demands you follow your desires."

Basically. The concept is that people should follow what their heart desires and only serve that purpose. That's why people like Braum or Jinx are ok for Nagakabouros. They are doing what they want in life (Braum helps people, and Jinx blows up people) and what they serve also serves their purpose. They are also emotionally healthy (Well...At least Braum is) yet people like Garen or Katarina, even when they are partially doing what they want (serving their nations) Their devotion is also going against their wishes. Because both love each other but can be together because of their loyalties. This is also rule with concepts like good, evil, ect. Illaoi doesn't necessary want you to be evil nor good. She wants you to do what you want to do with your life. Akainu obviously has the willpower, but that's simply not enough.

I go with the point above. It pretty much proved that willpower is not enough to survive Illaoi's test. And from what I know, those who not past her test, she left to die to Nagakabouros tentacles

akainu is magma man right ofcourse akainu will start the fight with range magma attacks if illaoi gets closer to him the dangerous and powerful can akainu gets as akainu is a very expirienced fighter as if she gets closer akainu can use daifunka to damage her or kill her

I'm going with Akainu for some reasons:

1) As stated by Illaoi's lore, the Kraken has no tolerance for cowardice and doubt. Akainu is a proficient user of haki and the only way to enhance one's haki to such a degree is by enhancing one's own inert strengths including will power. The hax Illaoi has wont have any meaningful effect on Akainu in the end. If this isn't convincing, his unwavering dedication towards his supposed goal in the world as a whole is a testiment to his will power. He fought many powerful foes in the war, and despite being wounded a few times, he kept fighting.

2) Akainu's magma powers grant him insane range and the ability to burn his opponents. Illaoi does not have any physical protection against such elements.

3) Akainu's durability is likely Large Island due to taking two consecutive strikes from WB and getting right back up to fight shortly after. His endurance would give him an advantage over Illaoi, especially since he can fight for 10 days against Aokiji before coming out on top.

4) Akainu has superior offensive range and he can supposedly alter the climate of an island-sized range (covering half of Punk Hazard in volcanoes during his 10 day duel with Aokiji), which would also give him an environmental advantage over Illaoi.

So, Environmental, Range, Stamina, Durability, Intangibility ( also gives Regenerationn), and the ability to burn Illaoi gives Akainu the win with relative mid difficulty when taking Illaoi's soul hax into consideration.

I would mention pre-cognition, but I haven't a clue about Akainu's CoO potential with the info from the manga.

Back