• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakamoto days Durability downgrade

The explosion didn't just frag glass it completely destroyed the windows and even damaged reinforced concrete slightly. I'm assuming that came from the blast, or am I wrong?

However, the inverse square law needs to be apply if you're trying to get a character's durability.

Even being 0.5 m away from the explosion source can drastically reduce the results.

The explosion didn't just frag glass it completely destroyed the windows and even damaged reinforced concrete slightly. I'm assuming that came from the blast, or am I wrong?

However, the inverse square law needs to be apply if you're trying to get a character's durability.

Even being 0.5 m away from the explosion source can drastically reduce the results.
This is how the explosion caused damage to the building. How many psi should I use?

That's way more than just window damage, I wasn't expecting that. 1 PSI is way too low.

Actually don't know if the formula is usable here, the explosion is very directional and narrow.

Obviously it did more damage on that side of the building than it could the other side. It'd be better to just calculate the destruction it caused.

That's way more than just window damage, I wasn't expecting that. 1 PSI is way too low.

Actually don't know if the formula is usable here, the explosion is very directional and narrow.

Obviously it did more damage on that side of the building than it could the other side. It'd be better to just calculate the destruction it caused.
Can't the inverse square law be used? so is 20 psi ok or should it be a little lower?

Can't the inverse square law be used? so is 20 psi ok or should it be a little lower?
The inverse square law can indeed be used to find the explosion power and the durability of the man who took it. Assuming we have the proper scans/measurements.

However, I'm rather busy lately and I've taken on far too much than I was ever expecting. My apologies, best to get another calc group member.

20 psi should destroy everything it touched, the building would've completely collapsed.

Might be fair, I will note

obviously that runs into the issue of our fragmentation values inherently being ??? but if it's really not even in the loose shape of a sphere, that should be factored in

Might be fair, I will note

obviously that runs into the issue of our fragmentation values inherently being ??? but if it's really not even in the loose shape of a sphere, that should be factored in
So do you accept this calculation?

The problem is, we have our own sources and references to determine the PSI in this calculation, so we have a hard time deciding which one is right and which one is wrong.

Even my friends also have their own references, and yes, the PSI used is different too.

I think, vsb should address this problemathic.

The problem is, we have our own sources and references to determine the PSI in this calculation, so we have a hard time deciding which one is right and which one is wrong.

Even my friends also have their own references, and yes, the PSI used is different too.

I think, vsb should address this problemathic.
It doesn't matter I think 5 psi is fine

ideally calcing the destruction would be the best yeah , but honestly with the relatively low pressure it's not impossible the ceilings might have absorbed some more of the explosion which just dind't make it to the glass windows on the floors above and under the one where it happened

ideally calcing the destruction would be the best yeah , but honestly with the relatively low pressure it's not impossible the ceilings might have absorbed some more of the explosion which just dind't make it to the glass windows on the floors above and under the one where it happened
I'm not sure if it makes sense to calculate the destroyed area here because any character can do this with the bomb inside, it is better to find the character's durability instead.

The old calculation calculated Sakamoto's stamina, but did not use the inverse square law, and since the distance between Sakamoto and the man with the bomb inside was not shown, I decided to use Takamura's stamina.

Do you accept the calculation?

Fun fact: the result of your calculation actually only applies specifically to Takamura. because if we actually calculate the energy received by Sakamoto, the result would be even smaller because he is more farther away.

Fun fact: the result of your calculation actually only applies specifically to Takamura. because if we actually calculate the energy received by Sakamoto, the result would be even smaller because he is more farther away.
so the durability of sakamoto cannot be calculated and the old calculation needs to be removed

Not really. We can do the math, but there will be a lot of assumptions. Like;

Distance Uda to Takamura + Takamura's arm + Takamura's katana + Slur's arm length

Uda was holding Takamura's shoulder, and the distance between them was 0.74 cm.
Takamura was aiming to slash Slur. The possible distance between them is Takamura's arm length + his sword length.
And Slur was facing Sakamoto at that time, and the distance between them was probably Alur's arm length.

On top of that, Takamura's actual durability is also questionable. We don't know what happened after the explosion, so we don't really know if Takamura can survive like Sakamoto or not. All we know is that Takamura is still alive after the incident, without knowing whether he was injured or not.

Not really. We can do the math, but there will be a lot of assumptions. Like;

Distance Uda to Takamura + Takamura's arm + Takamura's katana + Slur's arm length

Uda was holding Takamura's shoulder, and the distance between them was 0.74 cm.
Takamura was aiming to slash Slur. The possible distance between them is Takamura's arm length + his sword length.
And Slur was facing Sakamoto at that time, and the distance between them was probably Alur's arm length.

On top of that, Takamura's actual durability is also questionable. We don't know what happened after the explosion, so we don't really know if Takamura can survive like Sakamoto or not. All we know is that Takamura is still alive after the incident, without knowing whether he was injured or not.
Then let's just vote to remove Sakamoto's old calculation

this will be the last CGD for sakamoto days in 2023.

Happy New Years everyone and let's hope 2024 will be an even greater year!

Back