• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The boxer ap upgrade

The calc is incomplete since you didn't add the 5% of fragmentation. It is a small change but still, it is important.

I disagree with the measuring of the depth. Using shades in order to measure it doesn't work here cause of the context.

Viktor was in a very dark place, where the only source of light came from behind him. Taking that into account, it's only natural that there will be strange shades on his arm because Viktor's body is blocking the only source of light.

I disagree with the measuring of the depth. Using shades in order to measure it doesn't work here cause of the context.

Viktor was in a very dark place, where the only source of light came from behind him. Taking that into account, it's only natural that there will be strange shades on his arm because Viktor's body is blocking the only source of light.
Disagree with that take as I did before since that changes nothing and it is the only tangible way to calculate this without several assumptions. Using the depth of the wrist, for example, has as much legitimacy as using the length of the forearm and we have no reason not to use it.

To add to this we can see that his hand in the picture is actually moving somewhat upwards rather than downwards. If it was moving downwards perhaps you'd make sense however here we see that it should've been lit up by the light with the rest of the arm. I think the lighting is sorta weird in this shot but then comes the final thing.

The chunk falling from the upper part of the crater is visibly thick and it is easily thicker than Viktor's wrist. That thing clearly was on just the surface of the calc which suggests a greater depth.

Disagree with that take as I did before since that changes nothing and it is the only tangible way to calculate this without several assumptions. Using the depth of the wrist, for example, has as much legitimacy as using the length of the forearm and we have no reason not to use it.

To add to this we can see that his hand in the picture is actually moving somewhat upwards rather than downwards. If it was moving downwards perhaps you'd make sense however here we see that it should've been lit up by the light with the rest of the arm. I think the lighting is sorta weird in this shot but then comes the final thing.

The chunk falling from the upper part of the crater is visibly thick and it is easily thicker than Viktor's wrist. That thing clearly was on just the surface of the calc which suggests a greater depth.
Should I use the full sleeve length?

I mean, even if the punch was straight up an overhand punch, which it really isn't, the body will still cover great part of the arm, especially taking into account that Viktor should be quite taller than the miner, and as such his body would cover even more of his arm due to the angle.

I would agree with forearm depth then.

now that i've had a chance to look at this i'm more inclined to recommend a spherical cap for volume - generally fits better for impact craters i think.

now that i've had a chance to look at this i'm more inclined to recommend a spherical cap for volume - generally fits better for impact craters i think.
I'd disagree since spherical cap is more so for explosions as explosions are often show are giant circles that go mostly upwards, but in this case it is a literal punch going further and further through the rock.

additionally this isn't a sphere. If this were an explosion crater it'd be spherical but if you look at my old pixel scaling it is clearly far from even. There is no sphere as there is no circle.

additionally this isn't a sphere. If this were an explosion crater it'd be spherical but if you look at my old pixel scaling it is clearly far from even. There is no sphere as there is no circle.
(i just explained this to you over discord but for the sake of completion i'll post the same things)
sXxIzMN.png

spherical cap doesn't require the hole itself to be spherical. it's just a cap of a sphere - a slice of it. red is the actual cap, the part destroyed, and blue is the sphere in question.
you don't need the dimensions of the sphere to get the volume of the red part - only the diameter and depth of the red part itself.
rTMAzOs.png
i don't think it actually matters all that much so ignore me

I will indeed ignore you but just gonna say that the fact that he punched 3 times would definitely ruin the shape that a normal spherical cap would have.

I will indeed ignore you but just gonna say that the fact that he punched 3 times would definitely ruin the shape that a normal spherical cap would have.
and it wouldn't also ruin a half ellipsoid...?
like both are just assumptions based on the info we have, but you're implying that one shape would get warped and the other wouldn't despite modelling as two shapes which are both related to a sphere/ellipse in some way?

and it wouldn't also ruin a half ellipsoid...?
why? It would dig deeper into the hole and the depth wouldn't fit the spherical cap. If you poke a hole in dirt in the same spot the width doesn't increase much but the depth does.
like both are just assumptions based on the info we have, but you're implying that one shape would get warped and the other wouldn't despite modelling as two shapes which are both related to a sphere/ellipse in some way?
yes

No, I don't think it's a spherical cap, half ellipsoid is best.

Back