• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Saitama has the one-shot wincon, but Light writing his name prevents Saitama from achieving that wincon, so it's a stomp.

Not at all, Light can easily right his name before the shockwaves hits him.

I don't understand the issue here, you made their speed equal. He can react to it just fine.

Speed Equal means watching someone who's equal to you, run a distance of 50 meters. For average humans, such a distance would take 8 seconds. Since Light is equal to Saitama in speed, the average punch speed of a boxer is 11.5 m/s, which is a timeframe of around 4.3 seconds. Should be enough time to write down his name.

The shockwave of a punch would travel slower than the actual punch itself, but not by a large amount in fiction. Also even though I say four seconds, I don't actually mean four seconds, but what Saitama and Light would perceive as four seconds.

This is still inconclusive, since Light will die from Saitama's attack and Saitama will die 40 seconds later. Light can't write faster than Saitama can throw a punch, and he can't stop his shockwave attack even if he kills him instantly. Though I don't think he'll have anytime to write anything other than Saitama's name.

Speed Equalization rules: "The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

Saitama's attack speed is reduced as well in this situation. Since all of Saitama's speed values are equal to each other, there will be no difference in their speed, the speeds of Saitama's attacks can be reacted to by Light in this situation. This would only changes if Saitama's combat speed was slower than his attack speed.

Just because Saitama's speed is decreased, does not mean aftereffects of his attacks will be slower. His attacks are slower, laws of physics aren't. For example, if someone drops a ball from a great height, the speed of the ball falling will not be slower regardless of whether the character who dropped it is slower.

Wouldn't a serious punch pointed at Light also send a massive air shockwave that'd just make him unable to write too? Pretty sure Light can't write when he's getting an air blast that'd probably knock him off his feet or the book and pen out of his hand

Equalized speed, Saitama's shockwaves are not faster than his own combat speed. His speed all around is one simple rating.

Shockwaves do not instantly teleport, so Light can write a name down before it reaches him. Since the wind coming from Saitama's punch isn't faster than his own combat speed. In real life it'd actually be slower, but I won't bring that up as this is fiction.

But Saitama doesn't have higher attack speed with shockwaves, so Light can react and write Saitama's name down before dying to the shockwave of a punch. So yes, I'm certain this is an inconclusive. What laws of physics, speed equalization means his air pressure has been slowed down as well.

I'm sorry but that isn't how this works here. Also Relativistic+ wind pressure don't exist in reality, such energy would turn the air into plasma before moving at such speeds. But regardless, his attack speed is lowered, all of his attacks are lowered. What you're saying is just incorrect with how this wiki works.

I know some people dislike speed equalization in general, but those are the rules.

Equalized speed, Saitama's shockwaves are not faster than his own combat speed. His speed all around is one simple rating.

Shockwaves do not instantly teleport, so Light can write a name down before it reaches him. Since the wind coming from Saitama's punch isn't faster than his own combat speed. In real life it'd actually be slower, but I won't bring that up as this is fiction.

But Saitama doesn't have higher attack speed with shockwaves, so Light can react and write Saitama's name down before dying to the shockwave of a punch. So yes, I'm certain this is an inconclusive. What laws of physics, speed equalization means his air pressure has been slowed down as well.

I'm sorry but that isn't how this works here. Also Relativistic+ wind pressure don't exist in reality, such energy would turn the air into plasma before moving at such speeds. But regardless, his attack speed is lowered, all of his attacks are lowered. What you're saying is just incorrect with how this wiki works.

I know some people dislike speed equalization in general, but those are the rules.

The point of a vs discussion is to determine who the winner of a fight would be. To do so, it's important to get a better understanding of abilities, fighters and how the fight would happen. The rules and conditions are only supposed to make the discussion easier and get everyone on the same page. In this case, I think the conditions themselves are being at the center of attention because everyone imagines a different type of a fight.

We know what abilities of both fighters are. We know who would win in what scenario. We just don't know which scenario we are even discussing.

Is this a scenario where Saitama can punch and instantly win? Or is this a scenario specifically made to allow Light to write down Saitama's name?

My understanding of the rules is that fighters keep their abilities, and the purpose of speed equalization is simply to allow the other fighter to react. Not that the faster character loses abilities because of it. For example, if someone can "fly" by kicking the air really fast, they don't lose that ability just because the speed is equalized.

I know that this contradicts the rules of how the power works, but I thought we are supposed to ignore contradictions so that both fighters can have all their abilities.

It's a inconclusive, Light writes his name down, Saitama dies, and then the giant huge giga **** off explosion shockwave that completely annihilates everything in the vicinity being liquified hits Light and he dies.

Light may be able to write Saitama down before he dies, but he's still going to die, Saitama would still get a punch/attack off before Kira can write the name down, and while Light can finish writing it before the effects of said attack can reach him, thus killing Saitama, the effects will still reach him like a moment later. And he sure as **** ain't outrunning it. (Even with speed equal, he doesn't have the stamina for that, assuming there's any ground to run on to begin with).

Incon fra

Shockwaves are actually meant to be slower than what created them to lmao, using "didn't Saitama create shockwaves that moved very fast?" as a counter doesn't work when Saitama is FTL and hasn't created any FTL shockwaves.

The point of a vs discussion is to determine who the winner of a fight would be. To do so, it's important to get a better understanding of abilities, fighters and how the fight would happen. The rules and conditions are only supposed to make the discussion easier and get everyone on the same page. In this case, I think the conditions themselves are being at the center of attention because everyone imagines a different type of a fight.

We know what abilities of both fighters are. We know who would win in what scenario. We just don't know which scenario we are even discussing.

Is this a scenario where Saitama can punch and instantly win? Or is this a scenario specifically made to allow Light to write down Saitama's name?

My understanding of the rules is that fighters keep their abilities, and the purpose of speed equalization is simply to allow the other fighter to react. Not that the faster character loses abilities because of it. For example, if someone can "fly" by kicking the air really fast, they don't lose that ability just because the speed is equalized.

I know that this contradicts the rules of how the power works, but I thought we are supposed to ignore contradictions so that both fighters can have all their abilities.
This scenario is where saitama punches, and Light writes. the shock wave is going to move at the same speed as saitama. no matter what. its going to take quicker for light to write the word 'saitama' than it is Saitama to throw a serious punch, as, dispite being bloodlusted he's still going to make an overdramatic pullback and throw for his punch, which is more than enough time for light to write a single word. saitama gets his name written, throws his punch nigh instantly after word due to his pullback and punch, light gets annihlated. that is the only scenario that can happen here.

Light FRA.

i think its kinda scummy personally, I feel like the OP should be neutral
not really, the op made the match, that doesn't mean they have no opinion on it. if theres enough evidence on one side, or there simply isn't enough traction to the thread, the OP can simply vote to either get the thread done with, or simply vote because the logic seems reasonable.

i think its kinda scummy personally, I feel like the OP should be neutral
The OP can start neutral but everyone’s gonna have their opinion in a VS match. So as long as they have concrete evidence or arguments in the thread have swayed them, their should be no reason why they too can’t express their opinion

I don't believe Light reacting to a serious punch is pertinent due to it's range? I recall the shockwave spanning o'er a large portion of the planet's surface.

I don't believe Light reacting to a serious punch is pertinent due to it's range? I recall the shockwave spanning o'er a large portion of the planet's surface.
the shockwave has to move towards light. its not gonna just appear on him and make him explode, he has more than enough time to write the name down, and then explode

The OP can start neutral but everyone’s gonna have their opinion in a VS match. So as long as they have concrete evidence or arguments in the thread have swayed them, their should be no reason why they too can’t express their opinion
Not saying they can't express their opinion what? I just don't think they should vote so they don't pressure people into FRA training or end up being biased towards a character. It'd probably be fine if its later in a thread or if everyone agrees on an Incon

In the english language inconclusive and draw mean different things. Inconclusive here is used for draws and toss ups or if votes are extremely tied
I meant here, is there a way to make a distinction? I think it's pretty important whether a discussion ended and everyone agreeing it's a draw, or everyone agreeing that we don't have enough information.

I meant here, is there a way to make a distinction? I think it's pretty important whether a discussion ended everyone agreeing it's a draw, or everyone agreeing that we don't have enough information.
no. they both die directly after their supposed wincons.

Back