• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the only thing that stopping saitama from beating accel is his barrier it's always around accel and change the vector of any attack that come to accel without him thinking "he did it with misaka when she attacked him with her lighting "

so the "can simply blitz and one-shot him " thing doesn't work with accel any physical attack is useless against accel barrier

i can't think of anyway for saitama to beat accel while allwhat the latter need is just one touch

@GabrielSin : I'm aware of the constantly active barrier, but shouldn't anything faster than Accelerator himself (like Saitama) bypass it ? At least that's what his profile says.

@ZERO7772 : I see, but about redirecting punches, I can't exactly call it ultimate safety. As far as I know, Accelerator even with his barrier won't survive a destructive nuclear wave of at least 5-C, something Saitama can very easily do simply by punching the ground. (Since his punches have legitimate AoE, not just incomplete attack potency).

Fastsword you continue to misunderstand the nature of Accelerator's Vector Control. His redirection ability has no clearly defined upper limit on the amount of force it can and can't redirect. He won't be blocking higher dimensional beings sure, but if it has direction (and a punch certainly does) he can change it's direction. This also applies to shockwaves (they're waves of kinetic force with direction) and walls of air and kinetic force (which once again have direction). As far as we know speed is a non-factor in redirection (constantly reflects light and can casually redirect high-caliber rounds from sniper rifles as well as all of the radiation, heat, and kinetic force from an atomic bomb's explosion). He is always devoting a small amount of his calculation power towards keeping this ability active, so reaction speed isn't an issue here. It certainly isn't a NLF either since he can't redirect things that don't have direction (i.e. a voodoo doll or reality warping).

If Saitama were somehow smart enough to grasp the nature of Accel's Redirection, then yes he could decimate the esper with a single punch by pulling back just before he hits the boundary.This is the sole reason why he was beaten by Kihara Amata who had full knowledge of Accel's powers and canceled them by constantly rewriting them in ways Accelerator didn't expect. But due to the fact that Saitama has no such grasp of physics or Accelerator's powers (and the fact that most of his fights end in one punch) it's highly unlikely that he would. I'm not saying he's stupid, but he doesn't have the knowledge necessary to make this happen.

So in the end this fight ends with Saitama punching himself into submission.

P.S. If this is White-Winged Accelerator then Saitama gets reduced to atoms by the wings' matter disintegration capability.

Saitama is going to break his hand if he tries to punch Accelerator. Accelerator simply changes the direction of vector, he won't be taking any damage from Saitama's punch. This is the worst matchup for Saitama, his power is literally useless here

@Reppuzan : I see, but I didn't say anything about Saitama throwing a direct punch in my last input. What I meant is what is stopping Saitama from doing something like this :
4848763-8350700351-aQsLe.jpg
just by punching the ground. Or will Accel's redirection ability save him from half the planet blowing up as well ?

Fastsword88 said:
@Reppuzan : I see, but I didn't say anything about Saitama throwing a direct punch in my last input. What I meant is what is stopping Saitama from doing something like this :
just by punching the ground. Or will Accel's redirection ability save him from half the planet blowing up as well ?
You know this fight is in character right? Saitama wouldn't destroy the world.

@Thebluedash : Kawaru, the maker of this thread, didn't say this fight is in-character. So I assumed they're both bloodlusted with morals off as most fights are.

I already said he can reflect shockwaves. Punching the ground isn't going to be doing much to him, even if said punch can bust a hole in the moon. He can also fly, so he won't be losing footing until the entire planet blows up.

Fastsword88 said:
@Thebluedash : Kawaru, the maker of this thread, didn't say this fight is in-character. So I assumed they're both bloodlusted with morals off as most fights are.
Fights here are automaticly in character unless stated otherwise

Bluedash does have a point, that should have been specified in the OP. Saitama would never do that though. The reason being: There's no indication that he's able to survive in space for prolonged periods of time. Sure he was able to talk for a few lines (which makes absolutely no sense since he's in a vacuum) but for as powerful as he is he's still human and requires food, water, air, and sleep to function (why else would he be so insistent on his rent and getting bargain sales). If he did that it would result in a double suicide due to the fact that neither can survive in space.

Honestly if its in character I don't see how Saitama can win this. His power of just beating his opponents with punches is just setting himself up to lose due to Accelerator's abilities.

Reppuzan said:
Bluedash does have a point, that should have been specified in the OP. Saitama would never do that though. The reason being: There's no indication that he's able to survive in space for prolonged periods of time. Sure he was able to talk for a few lines (which makes absolutely no sense since he's in a vacuum) but for as powerful as he is he's still human and requires food, water, air, and sleep to function (why else would he be so insistent on his rent and getting bargain sales). If he did that it would result in a double suicide due to the fact that neither can survive in space.
He was thinking in his head. He found space to only be a minor annoyance, didn't have trouble holding his breath. If it comes to who can survive in space longer, it would be Saitama.

@Reppuzan : Destroying the planet is something Saitama should easily be capable of doing even with his casual showings. And can Accelerator even survive in space ?

@Thebluedash : Absolutely not. There's no such rule in the HOME page.

Fastsword88 said:
@Reppuzan : Destroying the planet is something Saitama should easily be capable of doing even with his casual showings. And can Accelerator even survive in space ?
@Thebluedash : Absolutely not. There's no such rule in the HOME page.
It's just a known fact, why do you think in the Flash vs Goku, thread they have to state their BLOODLUSTED. Notice how every fight that doesn't state anything they are in character?

Saitama could destroy the planet, but wouldn't. Sure space didn't give him much of a problem but he's still visibly shown holding his breath. He even pinches his nose to reduce the amount of air that leaks out, implying that for all his strength he still needs to breathe. Why would he use a method that kills him in the end? He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but even he isn't dumb enough to try this.

Accelerator will be subject to the same issue of course, but planet-busting will be absolutely pointless in the context of the fight, especially if they end up in empty space where neither of them can really move (though Accel would be able to rewrite the sun's rays into laser attacks with ease) and both of them would die.

There's also Saitama's will that is able to resist esper abilities. LordAizenSama didn't really explain well whether Saitama would be able to resist Accelerator's abilities or not. Would Saitama be able to resist vector direction? I'm sure his shockwaves won't, but Saitama himself can possibly resist Accelerator's vector redirection.

Fastsword88 said:
Accelerator can redirect teleportation, shockwaves are nothing. The only weakness Accelerator has is that he needs to breathe, so planet busting will choke him. However Saitama can't planet bust by feats so that's moot

And Accelerator doesn't tank attacks, he simply changes direction of attacks. Vector control is a very powerful ability. Saitama is a toy for Accelerator to play with

@Spartan1204 Somehow I remembered it being rendered in speech bubbles. Huh.

Anyway, Accelerator was easily able to easily fly down from the top of a Space Elevator in the Endymion movie even with a fraction of his power, so he has a pretty good shot at keeping himself alive long enough.

I don't know if Saitama's resistance to esper abilities will apply to a full-power Accelerator. Last I checked the only Espers to really attack him are Fubuki and Tatsumaki, who specialize in telekinesis. He could just have resistance to telekinesis due to his immense strength. Calling it a one-size-fits-all esper resistance is somewhat faulty in my opinion.

Of course, I've only read up to Chapter 55, so correct me if I'm wrong.

@Faisal : There's a link just right there that shows a link to a casual Saitama punching a massive hole through the moon.

@Spartan1204 : If Accelerator's offense options via Vector Control are a translation of his maximum attack potency (6-A), then you're right, they won't be able to affect Saitama.

^^Accelerator's ability has nothing to do with Attack potency or durability, it's a hax. He doesn't tank attacks like the Hulk. He redirects attacks. Saitama's punch will be deflected, his AP doesn't matter. Same way AP doesn't matter for intangible people. Certain hax bypass AP

Reppuzan said:
I don't know if Saitama's resistance to esper abilities will apply to a full-power Accelerator. Last I checked the only Espers to really attack him are Fubuki and Tatsumaki, who specialize in telekinesis. He could just have resistance to telekinesis due to his immense strength. Calling it a one-size-fits-all esper resistance is somewhat faulty in my opinion.Of course, I've only read up to Chapter 55, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh, I guess you didn't read to webcomic, well SPOILERS. Basically because of Saitama's immense will, Tatsumaki can't manipulate the very being, Saitama. This was demonstrated when she couldn't bend his aura and then again when Tatsumaki tried to pick him up with her powers instead of pushing him with air pressure. His will makes psychic abilities less effective on him, http://img.bato.to/comics/2015/09/04/o/read55ea18583289a/img000012.jpg. However he is not completely immune to psychic abilities, otherwise Tatsumaki wouldn't have been able to pick him up at all.

Now since Vector Control is a psychic ability, it will probably be resisted. Now Accelerator is probably a more powerful esper than Tatsumaki so let's say Vector Control only redirects 99% of Saitama's attack force, Accelerator will still have to physically tank a lot of damage.

Thanks for that link, since that proves my point. His muscles were twitching against his will, indicating that she was using telekinesis on him and that he was resisting said twitching with his strength. In fact, it's explicitly stated that he's enduring it rather than outright negating it or resisting it via some sort of innate resistance. Thus it's not an all inclusive esper resistance power.

Besides, Saitama won't be resisting anything, his force will just be turned back at him in a split second. It's a common misconception that Accelerator's redirection is like a bubble that bends and reflects attacks, when it is in fact more like a static field that simply changes the values of any oncoming vector so that it's returned along the previous path of trejectory or in any direction he pleases (he can shoot a bullet at himself so that it bends in such away to hit a person with a hostage in the shoulder).

Reppuzan said:
Thanks for that link, since that proves my point. His muscles were twitching against his will, indicating that she was using telekinesis on him and that he was resisting said twitching with his strength. In fact, it's explicitly stated that he's enduring it rather than outright negating it or resisting it via some sort of innate resistance. Thus it's not an all inclusive esper resistance power.
Besides, Saitama won't be resisting anything, his force will just be turned back at him in a split second. It's a common misconception that Accelerator's redirection is like a bubble that bends and reflects attacks, when it is in fact more like a static field that simply changes the values of any oncoming vector so that it's returned along the previous path of trejectory or in any direction he pleases (he can shoot a bullet at himself so that it bends in such away to hit a person with a hostage in the shoulder).
Saitama wasn't resisting it through force, it was innate resistance, I guess different interpretation of the same reading. He just simply noticed that his muscles were twitching, he wasn't actively resisting her abilities. The muscles twitch because, like I said, he is not completely immune to psychic abilities. When it says he's enduring it, it's unknown to Tatsumaki that his will is simply that strong, the visuals clearly conflict with the statement that he is intentionally resisting her abilities, it's his innate resistance doing all of the work at that moment. Here is another example, Saitama is doing nothing and he is innately heavy for a pyschic http://img.bato.to/comics/2015/11/08/o/read563fd8d7a503f/img000019.jpg

That would have been a better link to show first to prove your point. We still don't know if this is a one-size-fits-all though. Sure he might be able to resist telekinetics, but what about telepathics, or pyrokinetics, or any other number of esper powers. Telekinetic resistance is a sure shot for him but I still think it's hyperbole to say that he automatically resists every type of esper power in existence.

It's like saying that a safe won't crumple like a tin can under deep sea water pressure if it's bombproof and bulletproof.

Reppuzan said:
That would have been a better link to show first to prove your point. We still don't know if this is a one-size-fits-all though. Sure he might be able to resist telekinetics, but what about telepathics, or pyrokinetics, or any other number of esper powers. Telekinetic resistance is a sure shot for him but I still think it's hyperbole to say that he automatically resists every type of esper power in existence.
It's like saying that a safe won't crumple like a tin can under deep sea water pressure if it's bombproof and bulletproof.
Well I chose the first link because Fubuki's statement is very direct. Strong will = Psychic Resistance. But you're right, we shouldn't jump the boat and say this is a one-size-fits-all. But this shouldn't be left out when considering the outcome, which it has been for most of this thread.

People here are saying that accelerator is NLF but are saying that saitama blows up the planet when he never showed such feat (not saying he can't). The surviving in space thing, wasn't accelerator capable of simulate a heart using his power? The reality warping that i mentioned erlier is from imaginary vectors.

Fair enough. So the question comes down to whether or not Saitama can punch Accelerator with pure willpower. As far as my knowledge goes, that's probably not happening, but if a serious strike from Saitama somehow manages to breach Accel's defenses (again, unlikely due to the nature of it but possible due to Saitama's willpower if we go by verse equalization) then he wins.

Reppuzan said:
Fair enough. So the question comes down to whether or not Saitama can punch Accelerator with pure willpower. As far as my knowledge goes, that's probably not happening, but if a serious strike from Saitama somehow manages to breach Accel's defenses (again, unlikely due to the nature of it but possible due to Saitama's willpower if we go by verse equalization) then he wins.
Accelerator doesn't have defense. His power is not based on durability, it's a hax. Physical attacks get deflected to another direction. Accelerator doesn't tank anything, nor he takes any damage. It's a hax like intangibility which ignores DC and AP

Uh... I know that. I've been arguing for him this entire time. It's just that if that TK resistance translates into resistance against Accelerator's Vector Control then the Ability User will have a hard time.

Reppuzan said:
Saitama is dumb as ****, after 10000 sisters killed accelerator's power was still a mistery until he told them

I'm not necessarily supporting him, but the potential to resist Esper powers can't be ignored since it's basically the deciding factor in this fight. If Saitama lands a punch he wins, otherwise he loses.

If the dude tryed to kill saitama using his own """""aura"""" that doesn't mean that Saitama is a walking imagine breaker

I know that, but it is still a possibility. The two verses don't run on the exact same rules, so we have no idea who will do what and if this or that will happen.

In my opinion, the fight starts, Saitama looks at accelerator and let him land the first blow, accelerator throws him in orbit and Saitama dies by the lack of oxigen

I'm mostly in agreement, but I'm just stating the possibility. Remember, Accelerator was actually designed to have limits while Saitama was designed for action comedy like everyone's interpretation of Chuck Norris and Segata Sanshiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back