• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accelerator can reverse Saitama's blood flow or brain signal to kill, that's it. Saitama can only punch which won't be effective

@Zero7772 : I understand. Btw, in the webcomic, Saitama casually speedblitzed Lightspeed Flash, who is light speed (not because of his name, if you're wondering). Shouldn't that make Saitama capable of bypassing Accelerator's barrier via raw speed ?

On another note, if blowing up Earth will eventually end with Saitama also losing due to lack of oxygen in space, wouldn't that make this fight more of a draw than anything else ?

Lightspeed Flash isn't Lightspeed for any reason...

Plus, you can't bypass Accelerator's Vector Shield just by going really fast, he has it permanently active, even when he's asleep.

Even if he was actually lightspeed Accel still reflects actual light on a regular basis, rendering that speed argument pointless.

@The Everlasting : I just took what was written in Accel's profile about his barrier : "Since it is bound to his calculation speed attacks that are more than low Faster than light speed can likely pass through without being effected."

As for Lightspeed Flash... I took it from his profile as well =P : "Flash moves at the speed of light and creates a continuous stream of afterimages."

I know. I don't think that rating has anything to do with creating afterimages, it's just that Lightspeed Flash' profile talks about an attack where the character apparently moves at light speeds.

Besides, assuming that both characters are at their best Accel's white wings make his calculations infinitely faster and do them for him, rendering that point.

Who the heck wrote that anyway? There's nothing in the series to indicate that this is the case. Redirection is literally reversing any oncoming vector he can grasp (or even things he can't with the help of his wings) with the only things capable of hurting a serious and unhindered Accelerator in his own verse are Divine Level Magic, Imagine Breaker, or if he is tricked into using Magic beforehand.

Accelerator uses withe wings, with infinite calculations he calculate grahm's number and then passes that information to saitamas brain, saitam's head turns into a black hole and swallows the observable universe

Gabriel 00 said:
Accelerator uses withe wings, with infinite calculations he calculate grahm's number and then passes that information to saitamas brain, saitam's head turns into a black hole and swallows the observable universe
lol good one. beating NLF with NLF :v

ok.... 213 answers... can.... can we just close the thread now? I doubt it will ever reach any conclusion and would like to avoid some flame war getting started between the series.

Faisal Shourov said:
Gabriel 00 said:
lol good one. beating NLF with NLF :v
Just joking

DontTalk said:
ok.... 213 answers... can.... can we just close the thread now? I doubt it will ever reach any conclusion and would like to avoid some flame war getting started between the series.
NOOO, this thread will continue until it reaches 300+ messages. On a serious note this thread lasted far longer than it should have.

DontTalk said:
There is no flame war, if you look closely most people agreed Accelerator would win. It took many post to explain how Accelerator's powers work. There is no flame war

There is no flame war, but given how popular one punch man currently is and that we have at least a few supporters of to aru with a lot of staying power here there is always a huge risk.

I openly admit that I may be a bit overprotective when it comes to to aru matters.

DontTalk said:
There is no flame war, but given how popular one punch man currently is and that we have at least a few supporters of to aru with a lot of staying power here there is always a huge risk.
I openly admit that I may be a bit overprotective when it comes to to aru matters.
If we don't give this win to Accelerator it would be showing bias. I love OPM and I dont care about Toaru, but we can't decided battles based on popularity brother

I wanted to abstain, but how does Accelerator win exactly? The only thing that's been clarified is that Saitama can't harm him without hurting himself in the process. I've been watching from the beginning and I'm somewhat conflicted. Saitama still has his esper resistance.

We've discussed this. His willpower is only explicitly stated to work against TK. The official name for Science Side superpower users is Ability User, with Esper as a shorter and more popular nickname. Only a part (albeit a large one) actually have to do with telekinesis or even psychic abilities in general. Ability Users are closer to low-level Reality Warpers who bend physics to make their abilities work the way they do. Just because Saitama wa able to resist Fubuki and Tatsumaki does not automatically make him immune to all Science Side Superpowers that are only remotely related to TK.

I kind of get it and while it could be argued that his resistance was only stated to work against telekinesis because that's the only psychic power to be used on him so far, I won't go that route. Instead, I'll ask, how do to aru esper abilites relacte to TK? Specifically Accelerator's in this case.

Edwellken said:
I wanted to abstain, but how does Accelerator win exactly? The only thing that's been clarified is that Saitama can't harm him without hurting himself in the process. I've been watching from the beginning and I'm somewhat conflicted. Saitama still has his esper resistance.
The "esper resistance" was stated durinng the battle that it has to do with physical resistance, not random plot hax. Accelerator can throw saitama to outer space, shutdown his brain, stop bloodflow and the wings desintegrate matter and control imaginary vector(whatever that means.)

It's kind of pointless to restate the same arguments over and over Gabe. We've said them several times already.

Accel can't be directly affected by TK since the motion has magnitude and movement and is therefore a vector. Thus he can easily negate any attempts to use it against him. He can also mimic tactile telekinesis by rewriting movement vectors so he can lift entire skyscrapers when he's really pissed.

Gabriel 00 said:
Edwellken said:
The "esper resistance" was stated durinng the battle that it has to do with physical resistance, not random plot hax. Accelerator can throw saitama to outer space, shutdown his brain, stop bloodflow and the wings desintegrate matter and control imaginary vector(whatever that means.)
Fubuki specifically used terms such as "strength of will" "psychic resistance" and "thick spirit". How does that even remotely suggest physical resistance? Also aren't those also part of Accelerator's esper abilities?

@Reppuzan, How does he hurt Saitama though. And I was asking what his abilities have to do with TK since you said they related somehow.

Gabriel 00 said:
Sorry, i might have been read that wrong, but even so, accelerator and tatsumaki powers are completely different
It's cool. Aside from telekinesis vs vector control though, how are their powers different? They're both esper abilities at base.

The aura thing is from OPM verse, it's not possible to take a rule from one verse and put in the other. it's like saying reiatsu e chakara are the same thing

In OPM willpower basically gives you psychic resistance, if thats the case then misaka's railgun should have passed through accels vector field during sisters arc

No. Accelerator's powers are not telekinesis but vector control. He doesn't control them with his mind (i.e. he can't make a car float and use it to smash you repeatedly while he stands fifty feet away) but he can rewrite the vectors of the car so he can pick it up and throw it at several hundred miles per hour. He can also manipulate air vectors to create tornadoes, the vector from stomping to create a small earthquake, and other feats.

Therefore, it's not TK.

@Gabriel 00, An ability not translating well into another fictional verse doesn't disqualify it from being an established ability. There are characters in fiction who move faster than sound without creating shockwaves while characters from other series do at that speed. (Just a random example.)

@Reppuzan, I never said that it was TK, just that they were both esper abilities.

I'm not against either side winning, I just want to understand the reasoning.

@Edwellken, i'm just saying that tatsumaki ability works in a different way(by manipulating the "aura" around or inside a target)

I just wanted to point out that it wasn't TK since the willpower argument only works against psychics, which Accel most certainly isn't.

Gabriel 00 said:
@Edwellken, i'm just saying that tatsumaki ability works in a different way(by manipulating the "aura" around or inside a target)
I see where you guys are coming from, but due to the unknowns regarding saitama's resistance, I still personally think this is inconclusive. That being said, I'll continue to abstain and accept whatever outcome.

So all in all it seems to come down to two possible outcomes:

Scenario 1: Saitama's psychic resistance does not apply to Accelerator and thus the former cannot hurt the latter and gets punted into space.

Scenario 2: Saitama's psychic resistance does apply to Accelerator and thus the #1 Esper gets KO'd with Moon Busting force.

Any other thoughts on the matter? We've basically summed up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back