• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama profile rework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Ryukama about that there does not seem to be a need to merge the two profiles, and with both him and Promestein that punching water very hard does not qualify as an extra power.

@Ant. Altought yes, there is no need to merge them both profiles have the same character, it would be like considering a new Goku profile for the new movie, not necesary at all and would confuse most user, not to mention that merging both would give more background to the profile and feats to scale rather than just the Planet level Saitama.

Yes, we all agreed on that I dont know why so many people are highlighting that point.

We have several profiles for Goku at different points in his career.

Yes, but while Goku's profile was separated because he was overflown with keys and info. Saitama's profiles are mostly empty, while one lacks the background of how he became Planet level the other one literally is made just to fill the epilogue of the series, so yeah by merging we are meking a more complete profile rather than dividing both because of no good reason.

Well, the current profile depicts the Saitama that our visitors are familiar with.

I don't see any problems with merging hairy and bald saitama together. Nothing about early series saitama would clutter the saitama that everyone knows about since there's barely any difference aside from tiering difference.

Alright, I suppose that I am neutral towards merging them then.

Doesn't matter to me, do if it's more appropriate, rather than he's the popular Saitama as everyone sees in promotional posters.

I agree with the merger (Makes no damn sense the same character has two different pagesfor what should just be a key)

I'm neutral about the merging, but there's really only 3 keys with each one being simplified. So I don't quite see how it would be cluttered. Ichigo's profile on the other hand is really cluttered; Goku and Naruto would have a bunch of keys if they were merged. But to be fair, 3 keys is hardly a clutter at all.

Also, Promestein makes a great point; harming characters with elemental intangibility is not Non-physical interaction at all. Elemental intangibility is still physical, it's just not solid. Non-physical Interaction applies more to Immaterial or Spatial Intangibility.

I'm sorry I still think keeping one of our most popular, most visited pages neat and easy to read for newcomers is best. As well as the fact that there is no harm in having 2 pages and we have done this for other characters before. Maybe for experienced people here sifting through all the keys and information isn't too difficult but I believe for newcomers having one of the pages they'll most likely visit first it'd be better to have it more simple and easy to read. Maybe one big page wouldn't be too messy but I think neater is better. Why compromise at all on the page's neatness instead of simply having 2 profiles?

Also I removed the silly water power from Saitama's profile.

Ryukama said:
I'm sorry I still think keeping one of our most popular, most visited pages neat and easy to read for newcomers is best. As well as the fact that there is no harm in having 2 pages and we have done this for other characters before. Maybe for experienced people here sifting through all the keys and information isn't too difficult but I believe for newcomers having one of the pages they'll most likely visit first it'd be better to have it more simple and easy to read. Maybe one big page wouldn't be too messy but I think neater is better. Why compromise at all on the page's neatness instead of simply having 2 profiles?
Also I removed the silly water power from Saitama's profile.
How in the actual hell is the proposed profile a hard read as you're implying? Unless you're illiterate or have the attention spam of a goldfish, it's no problem at all.

Here are some far more clustered profiles that we consider perfectly acceptable.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Meliodas

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Naruto_Uzumaki_(Adult)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Chief

The proposed profile doesn't compare to these in the slightest, and these are considered perfectly accceptable.

When I made the thread I tought that nobody would disagree on keeping both, but seeing how this thread would most likely spiral into just people throwing tantrums at each other then I would prefer to just close it and repairing somethings on the During Training profile.

I don't get why it's not possible. It's the same person. Just one before and the other after training. It's like saying Character X should have different profiles after each training.

KarmodF said:
When I made the thread I tought that nobody would disagree on keeping both, but seeing how this thread would most likely spiral into just people throwing tantrums at each other then I would prefer to just close it and repairing somethings on the During Training profile.
Nobody is throwing any tamtrums. I can't imagine how you came to that conclusion...

Well, I am mostly ambivalent about this, but trust Ryukama's sense of judgement.

Antvasima said:
Well, I am mostly ambivalent about this, but trust Ryukama's sense of judgement.
Except that he is objectively wrong in this case. The revised profile is nothing compared to our existing profiles with far more info. So denying this on the premise of it being "Cluttered" is objectively false.

Saitama isn't Naruto. Having two profiles for him is redundant.

Okay. Let's see if Ryukama is willing to change his mind about this.

It would hardly be cluttered. Heck, I seriously doubt there'd be more text on a proper Saitama profile than someone like Garou.

It's more confusing for a new user (from my experience) for there to be two separate profiles than just one profile for one simple character.

Well, it is usually best to come to an agreement when other bureaucrats are involved, but I am currently leaning towards that it likely doesn't cause any harm to merge the profiles.

I think that they should be merged. If it was a case like Goku's, who would have seventeen keys on the profile, or if Saitama had a metric ton of abilities i'd get the "too cluttered" argument.

But a profile with three keys and a handful of abilities isn't cluttered.

I agree with Kal. Plus also keep in mind that DB, DBZ, and DBS are different shows despite being connected, so the page separation with Goku makes sense with all those keys he has.

Okay. I suppose that I agree with that, but would prefer if we reach an agreement with Ryukama.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Nobody is throwing any tamtrums. I can't imagine how you came to that conclusion...
KarmodF said:

VersusJunkie54 said:
How in the actual hell is the proposed profile a hard read as you're implying? Unless you're illiterate or have the attention spam of a goldfish, it's no problem at all.

Here are some far more clustered profiles that we consider perfectly acceptable.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Meliodas

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Naruto_Uzumaki_(Adult)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Chief

The proposed profile doesn't compare to these in the slightest, and these are considered perfectly accceptable.
What part of "neater is better" isn't being understood? Sure there are messier pages and sure the one page might not be "too messy" but why not just keep the page as neat as possible if it can be helped?

And again I'm talking about newcomers who are just getting the hang of reading keys and whatnot. The lay person.

Ryu does make a good point, newcomers sometimes have trouble reading profiles with more than one key in general. That being said, I'm still neutral; it won't be cluttered to have all three keys on the same profile, but I'm fine with leaving it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back