• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya: VIrgo Shaka intelligence downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasty12345

Username Only
Virgo Shaka is currently rated as "genius" (because someone changed it without a CRT) for the following justification:

(At the age of 6, Shaka was already an enlightened individual who had a great understanding and awareness of the nature of existence. He also held telepathic conversations with The Buddha while meditating. He is in tune with the universe around him and transcends life and death upon reaching the 8th Sense, being the first of the Gold Saints to do so. Later reached Nirvana, attaining Buddhahood)

I will break down the justification to explain why it isn't currently valid and should be changed to "unknown" until such a time I or someone else makes a proper intelligence CRT that's inline with current intelligence standards and not that of 7 and a half years ago.

At the age of 6, Shaka was already an enlightened individual who had a great understanding and awareness of the nature of existence.

1) No evidence cited, there is no proof this is true.

He also held telepathic conversations with The Buddha while meditating.

1) No evidence cited.
2) Many characters in Saint Seiya have telepathy, Buddha contacting the only Buddhist character is not an intelligence feat for Shaka.

(For reference this is the conversation being used to argue Shaka is a genius)

He is in tune with the universe around him and transcends life and death upon reaching the 8th Sense, being the first of the Gold Saints to do so.

1) No evidence cited.
2) The 8th Sense doesn't require one to be "in tune with the universe", it is awakened by one raising their Cosmo
3) transcending life and death is a trait of the 8th Sense which is attained by raising your Cosmo, not an intelligence feat for Shaka.

being the first of the Gold Saints to do so. Later reached Nirvana, attaining Buddhahood

1) Again, this is a trait of the 8th Sense, not an intelligence feat.

In summary, Shaka's intelligence section is a nothing burger void of evidence. Even taking the justification at face value, there are no intelligence feats listed when looking at the context of how the 8th Sense is attained and reading the conversation Shaka had with Buddha, which in and of itself doesn't prove anything in the intelligence justification.

It should be changed to unknown for the time being.

Agree: @Ryzen7900X, @Maverick_Zero_X
Disagree:

Last edited:
yeah this is pretty simple, most of the stuff written either has no citation or simply caused by the awakening of the 8th sense. i didn't even know Shaka was listed as a genius, although mastery of Cosmo up to 7th sense at least should still be "gifted" IMO but that's for another time

yeah this is pretty simple, most of the stuff written either has no citation or simply caused by the awakening of the 8th sense. i didn't even know Shaka was listed as a genius, although mastery of Cosmo up to 7th sense at least should still be "gifted" IMO but that's for another time
Intelligence revisions have been on the list for a while, I agree there’s basis for gifted, however, I intend on formally writing intelligence ratings for all Gold Saints and the main 5 Bronzes and doing a proper revision.

Intelligence revisions have been on the list for a while, I agree there’s basis for gifted, however, I intend on formally writing intelligence ratings for all Gold Saints and the main 5 Bronzes and doing a proper revision.
neither of them can do calculus in their head, so they're not geniuses. they'll fail in college /j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back