• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Buddha isn't elaborated upon much, but we can safely argue he isn't considering Shaka is his reincarnation, with the 8th Sense being equated with enlightenment and still being below actual gods
yeah but you could argue shaka being a mere reincarnation of Buddha isnt exactly as powerful as the real Buddha. Considering how shaka speaks to shunades it made me think Buddha probably sees Hades as a peer as opposed to a superior

yeah but you could argue shaka being a mere reincarnation of Buddha isnt exactly as powerful as the real Buddha. Considering how shaka speaks to shunades it made me think Buddha probably sees Hades as a peer as opposed to a superior
Divinity is seen as innately superior to humanity, so unless you want to argue the Buddha has the 9th Sense (at which point he's already gone past human limits), I don't see how
But as I said, Buddha is very vague so this is all speculation

Divinity is seen as innately superior to humanity, so unless you want to argue the Buddha has the 9th Sense (at which point he's already gone past human limits), I don't see how
But as I said, Buddha is very vague so this is all speculation
yeah but the pegasus saint always manages to hurt Hades since the era of myth despite the former lacking the latter's 9th sense so divinity doesnt seem to be immune to being surpasses by someone of non-divine status

yeah but the pegasus saint always manages to hurt Hades since the era of myth despite the former lacking the latter's 9th sense so divinity doesnt seem to be immune to being surpasses by someone of non-divine status
Miracles are temporary amps that can sometimes allow humans to surpass gods, but those miracles aren't common

Man I really want a canonical Heaven chapter and a real Zeus not Okada's version. kinda wish the Heaven Overture movie didnt bomb so badly

I think kurus gonna make a heaven chapter after nd, there was a teaser for it, also, Zeus aiolia is goated
So wait if Kuru does a whole ass heaven chapter that portrays Zeus's story as different to Okada's versions what's gonna happen to them? Would GA and GR be worth reading or would they be decanonized??

If that does happen, which I think chances are 50/50 then yeah I’d say they wouldn’t be canon. Now in terms of quality, I can tell you right now Okadas version is going to be better Art wise, and probably narratively.

If that does happen, which I think chances are 50/50 then yeah I’d say they wouldn’t be canon. Now in terms of quality, I can tell you right now Okadas version is going to be better Art wise, and probably narratively.
I agree but man do I find Okada's paneling lackluster. Like I legit have a hard time telling whats going on sometimes and folloing the panels is such a difficult thing to do. I dont have this problem (or at least as much) when reading Kuru's manga. I also personally think his 80s-esque artstyle still suits the series better IMO

So wait if Kuru does a whole ass heaven chapter that portrays Zeus's story as different to Okada's versions what's gonna happen to them? Would GA and GR be worth reading or would they be decanonized??
GA and GR would be worth reading regardless if you're invested in the overall story of the G trilogy. The Heaven chapter wouldn't really affect the overarching narrative of G

GA and GR would be worth reading regardless if you're invested in the overall story of the G trilogy. The Heaven chapter wouldn't really affect the overarching narrative of G
Yeah I plan on reading them regardless I was just wondering what the canon would look like when Kuru finally reaches Heaven saga and maybe beyond

In a perfect universe the Hades saga was adapted and animated in the 90s, followed immediately after by the Heaven chapter and finally Kuru's original plan for the primordial gods with the space-time chronos saga by the time we get to 2000s

we've already split the canons, has no one actually read the canon blog?

The Gold Saints will be like 5-B-4-A when I finish my revisions
well if you wanna take this as some sort of "customer feedback", the canon blog is actually kinda confusing.

Edit: 5-B gold saints??? what about the statements of being able to destroy galaxies or the universe?

well if you wanna take this as some sort of "customer feedback", the canon blog is actually kinda confusing.

Edit: 5-B gold saints??? what about the statements of being able to destroy galaxies or the universe?
what about them? have you got some?

ah crud i realize what you mean now. those statements come from G not classic or ND, damn. what about galaxy busting? doesn't 4-A come from that?
what galaxy busting?

The galaxian explosion statements in Classic just say he can destroy stars and planets you kind of have to stretch it to be 4-A.

Star level I get though

what galaxy busting?

The galaxian explosion statements in Classic just say he can destroy stars and planets you kind of have to stretch it to be 4-A.

Star level I get though
Um....so classic is really just gonna be tier 4 and speed of light?? at least for the non-divine beings?

Back