• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

MTL from which language though?

If you're reading from the BR translations you're wasting time, that community puts fanfic and mistranslates almost everything.
fr? i knew there were translation issues but how bad is it? do I need to reread the whole thing??

fr? i knew there were translation issues but how bad is it? do I need to reread the whole thing??
Not the whole thing, but there are new translations coming out from a reliable translator and she's scanlating the final G act. You are better off waiting, the BR translation leaves out whole statements from what I've seen.

As for your earlier question, we do not treat sexual relations as valid for AP scaling.

Gaia "mated" with Uranus, Tartarus and probably Pontos
None of them should scale considering she has a strongest god statement, and she made Kronos strong enough to kill Uranus

Not the whole thing, but there are new translations coming out from a reliable translator and she's scanlating the final G act. You are better off waiting, the BR translation leaves out whole statements from what I've seen.

As for your earlier question, we do not treat sexual relations as valid for AP scaling.
btw, you said Ep G shaka might be 3-C or higher. is it because of this feat? why doesn't classic shaka scale to this? separate universes?

TcTww6o.jpeg

btw, you said Ep G shaka might be 3-C or higher. is it because of this feat? why doesn't classic shaka scale to this? separate universes?

TcTww6o.jpeg
that's a 4-A feat, but Shaka is stated to be able to create/destroy a galaxy for being equal to Saga with Tenma Kofuku, so he's among the 3-Cs (or higher).

Classic is treated as a different universe and Gold Saints aren't multiversal singularities so they don't cross-scale with one another.

that's a 4-A feat, but Shaka is stated to be able to create/destroy a galaxy for being equal to Saga with Tenma Kofuku, so he's among the 3-Cs (or higher).

Classic is treated as a different universe and Gold Saints aren't multiversal singularities so they don't cross-scale with one another.
ah okay. what about the bronze boys from different continuities? also are we gonna have pages for toeiverse saint seiya? they seem to scale higher than most of their canon counterparts

ah okay. what about the bronze boys from different continuities? also are we gonna have pages for toeiverse saint seiya? they seem to scale higher than most of their canon counterparts
I have no plans to ever create toei profiles.

The strongest Saint Seiya manga is G series by wiki standards with LC being the strongest literally anywhere else, toei verse isn't even in the same conversation and isn't worth the time getting scans for.

I have no plans to ever create toei profiles.

The strongest Saint Seiya manga is G series by wiki standards with LC being the strongest literally anywhere else, toei verse isn't even in the same conversation and isn't worth the time getting scans for.
out of curiosity, who has better feats? original saint seiya anime or the original dragon ball z anime? just them on their own

I believe so, but I can never tell with DB recently, the canon feels all over the place.

I'm slowly working on fixing the similar problems Saint Seiya has.
lol something about two 80s shounen being a clusterfuck when it comes to canon is hilarious

it's only gonna get weirder from here considering daima and the passing of Toriyama (RIP)

lol something about two 80s shounen being a clusterfuck when it comes to canon is hilarious

it's only gonna get weirder from here considering daima and the passing of Toriyama (RIP)
I'm solwly reverting to the opinion only the DB manga should be considered as canon, toei fanfics everything they touch.

I'm solwly reverting to the opinion only the DB manga should be considered as canon, toei fanfics everything they touch.
eh i woulda agreed if you told me this 10 years ago but at this point, i don't think that would hold for almost any series that has multiversal and time travel shenanigans, with daima even potentially retconning the original manga or canonizing some parts of toei (not to mention super)

toei does wank everything they touch though i agree.

The staff guy banned and that thing about the powers page on the reversed verse, wow that verse is a mess.

But sorry if I'm rude, but that cosmos page etc. had really bad formatting. Everything was one below the other and the order wasn't one of the best, like the seventh sense appearing first than the sixth, etc.

And the application on the profiles was pretty bad too, like, look at this. The person removed all the tabbers and still left a huge space between the P&A and AP.

damn

The staff guy banned and that thing about the powers page on the reversed verse, wow that verse is a mess.

But sorry if I'm rude, but that cosmos page etc. had really bad formatting. Everything was one below the other and the order wasn't one of the best, like the seventh sense appearing first than the sixth, etc.

And the application on the profiles was pretty bad too, like, look at this. The person removed all the tabbers and still left a huge space between the P&A and AP.

damn
I will be fixing the formatting and applying the CRT as it’s accepted.

Nothing in that CRT had anything to do with translations and we worked on it together for months. Theres no grounds to reverse the CRT, just its application on the profiles wasn’t great.

also are we gonna have pages for toeiverse saint seiya? they seem to scale higher than most of their canon counterparts
At best, I could see Toei getting low 1-c via End of time in omega, plus the statement of transcending the concept of time. Tbh, toeiverse profiles prob need their own Cosmo page, since all golds in the anime have better basic destruction, layered ts resist, spacetime manip, bfr, and prob other stuff

Last edited:

damn
I agree, i think someone who fully understands profile changes should edit one, a messy profile doesn't please me.

At best, I could see Toei getting low 1-c via End of time in omega, plus the statement of transcending the concept of time. Tbh, toeiverse profiles prob need their own Cosmo page, since all golds in the anime have better basic destruction, layered ts resist, spacetime manip, bfr, and prob other stuff
someone gotta make it happen. if what hasty said is right then DBGT will also reach low 1-C. DBGT vs Omega would be a good match

Look at the cosmo blog in my most recent CRT, that will tell you every ability the saints currently have.

Classic only, I don’t think this ability was demonstrated. The most he did to me memory is bfr them to one of the 6 realms.
btw idk if this was ever revealed but what caliber of god is Buddha in saint seiya universe? Is he of same status and power as the olympians? Why doesnt he himself in battles physically against guys like Hades?

Buddha basically never gets mentioned. We don’t know why he doesn’t do anything, he just doesn’t. My assumption would be that he’s Olympian tier, as it would make sense for a monotheistic and prominent deity to be that strong to me.

btw idk if this was ever revealed but what caliber of god is Buddha in saint seiya universe? Is he of same status and power as the olympians? Why doesnt he himself in battles physically against guys like Hades?
Buddha isn't elaborated upon much, but we can safely argue he isn't considering Shaka is his reincarnation, with the 8th Sense being equated with enlightenment and still being below actual gods

Back