• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

I really agree, it would be confusing to have both of them in the same multiverse, both of which have never met.
Sho, Shura and Tenma have met, and ND characters appear in GA, the intent is clear that they share a multiverse, which is or once was dominated by Gaia and Uranus.

Sho, Shura and Tenma have met, and ND characters appear in GA, the intent is clear that they share a multiverse, which is or once was dominated by Gaia and Uranus.
Nothing mentions that they are the same, there are also different Gods in other timelines, like different Hades and Athena, and different golden and pegasus in other timelines. ND does not work with spin-offs and has never been mentioned to exist throughout the entire franchise, an ND timeline has no direct link to EP G or anyone else, it could very well be TLC spin-offs which is another alternate line that is not connected with canonical line directly during the work.

Nothing mentions that they are the same, there are also different Gods in other timelines, like different Hades and Athena, and different golden and pegasus in other timelines. ND does not work with spin-offs and has never been mentioned to exist throughout the entire franchise, an ND timeline has no direct link to EP G or anyone else, it could very well be TLC spin-offs which is another alternate line that is not connected with canonical line directly during the work.
i crossed out everything that you said that's wrong.

but you go back to cross scaling dbs and dbgt to scale goku.

i crossed out everything that you said that's wrong.

but you go back to cross scaling dbs and dbgt to scale goku.
Bro, I didn't quote DB, that's totally unnecessary, I'm speaking out of respect for Saint Seiya, do me a thousand favors, don't quote third parties or anything like that, we're having a healthy debate like anyone else.

I don't see a discrepancy at all, the term "Underworld" only means "abode of the dead", Tartarus is as much the Underworld as Hell is, the only actual thing of note is that Hades explicitly made Hell and Ely for humans and is what's considered the "afterlife", and he's shown in all media to dominate Tartarus, given he's the ruler of the "Underworld".

You're mostly using a random scan where the context is a Titan ambiguously describing past events (which his memories aren't even present for) to create a contradiction that doesn't exist.
The Titans literally distinguish a place in Tartarus from the Underworld in that scene, meaning in Episode G it's not considered part of it.

That's not the context of the scene at all, they aren't recalling past events from memory or anything like that. The scene's in real time and is about Hyperion and Iapetos finding the fact that Chronos in his sealed state was able to summon those giants from the Underworld surprising.

The Titans literally distinguish a place in Tartarus from the Underworld in that scene, meaning in Episode G it's not considered part of it.
They also distinguish Cronuses labyrinth as being it's own thing but we know it's in Tartarus, so I don't agree with your interpretation.

we know explicitly the labyrinth resides in Hades' domain and that it's in tartarus and we know explicitly Hades is ruler of the Underworld. This one statement doesn't debunk the actual shown/demonstrated cosmology.

I'd also like to see the raws to that scene, as most of originals G's translations are nightmares.

They also distinguish Cronuses labyrinth as being it's own thing but we know it's in Tartarus, so I don't agree with your interpretation.

we know explicitly the labyrinth resides in Hades' domain and that it's in tartarus and we know explicitly Hades is ruler of the Underworld. This one statement doesn't debunk the actual shown/demonstrated cosmology.

I'd also like to see the raws to that scene, as most of originals G's translations are nightmares.
When was the Labyrinth ever distinguished from Tartarus as a whole?
0d79cccb9ca3df086cebe50c0916aed8.png

The translation seems to be correct here. Also, this isn't even the only detail that implies this, the fact that the Saints can enter or fight in Chronos Labyrinth and Tartartus at all without having awakened the 8th sense does as well.

You do realize different timelines don't imply seperate canons, don't you?

did Cronus ever summon the giant to the labyrinth at that point? or did he summon it to Earth?

I think the whole context is missing, and it kight just be me, but I hate it when people send scans that have been cropped. Leaves a bad taste it my mouth.

As for the 8th sense, no Saint in G goes to Hell or Elysium, so that's not really an issue by any means.

You do realize different timelines don't imply seperate canons, don't you?
he must, because that's how GT and DBS are scaled. He's just conveniently forgetting that, just like he must have forgot thinking I'm Australian is supposed somehow explain why I think the way I do can be seen as a form of racism/discrimination towards me. Little bro owes me an apology.

he must, because that's how GT and DBS are scaled. He's just conveniently forgetting that, just like he must have forgot thinking I'm Australian is supposed somehow explain why I think the way I do can be seen as a form of racism/discrimination towards me. Little bro owes me an apology.
Don't we have an interview comparing G to Star Wars Episode 1 lol.

What's DB got to do with it? Once again, placing blame on my person and accusing me of doing such things to you, being that every moment you are angry with me asking about and questioning about something from Saint Seiya, I have nothing to do with your nationality and I have no interest in , your business does not belong to me, just stop accusing me unfairly, we were talking about Saint Seiya and this seems totally off-putting and meaningless accusation.
doesn't count because I'm Australian I'm afraid
Where did I mention it doesn't count? At no point did I mention that or insult you, just stop it, we're back to talking about Saint Seiya.
That is unfortunate. Have you thought about changing nationalities?
What does this have to do with Saint Seiya?
if it means Toby will accept what I think, then I'll do it in a heartbeat
I don't know what you're talking about lol

@Toby

Bro, you made a blatantly insensitive remark. Responding to a comment about me being Australian in such a way that my race is supposed to explain me thinking something you deem to be negative is insensitive at best. There’s no accusation, everyone can read it. You’re literally playing the victim and it’s hilarious.

and if you can’t tell those last 3 things you’ve quoted are sarcasm, idk what to tell you.

@Toby

Bro, you made a blatantly insensitive remark. Responding to a comment about me being Australian in such a way that my race is supposed to explain me thinking something you deem to be negative is insensitive at best. There’s no accusation, everyone can read it. You’re literally playing the victim and it’s hilarious.

and if you can’t tell those last 3 things you’ve quoted are sarcasm, idk what to tell you.
So are you kidding about this serious thing about racism or something? I have nothing to do with these things, I just agreed with what someone said, I'm here to debate and not talk about such acts, stay away from me with your jokes, this is not the place to do such things and accuse people of being racist or hating your nationality, I'm here to debate my verse, I have nothing against you or your nationality. I like to be a fair person and I am nothing like what you accused me of, if you insult me with that again I will have to report it. Thank you for understanding!

did Cronus ever summon the giant to the labyrinth at that point? or did he summon it to Earth?

I think the whole context is missing, and it kight just be me, but I hate it when people send scans that have been cropped. Leaves a bad taste it my mouth.

As for the 8th sense, no Saint in G goes to Hell or Elysium, so that's not really an issue by any means.
He clearly summons them to the Labyrinth where they already were (just see the end of chapter 13 to the beginning of 14) after they ask him for comrades. I cropped it because nothing else on that page was relevant, but here's the full version.

It's an issue because if Tartarus (Episode G) is part of the Underworld, they shouldn't be able to enter it without having the 8th sense.

Or it’s Pis. As you said, if she did exactly that, she’d Easily win, but the context of the story is that they struggle to beat each other. Tons of characters have ways to insta win or at least take the advantage super quickly but they don’t use them, not just her.

I feel like we got away from the original topic of G cronos being stronger then athena. do you agree that he is?
No, because literally Athena has won every battle with them, a lucky event is not repeated in every damn battle throughout the story, it is simply that the goddess is as or more powerful than them and has a more powerful army. This is what Kurumada makes clear in his story, for he never places Athena as inferior to these gods, even the Saints believe that Athena could win a battle against Hades if she gets his armor and Saga himself mentions that getting his weapons puts him on the same level as those gods. What is described in the story, makes it clear that Athena is at the level of these gods or could even be stronger than them.

As I said, this changes depending on the author's interpretation of the series, but for Kurumada this is not the case, and we can even see that for authors like Alqui and Dollen, this is not the case either. That's why we have to analyze seriously how this will be, because there are simply parts that are incompatible between the different authors of this franchise.
When was the Labyrinth ever distinguished from Tartarus as a whole?
0d79cccb9ca3df086cebe50c0916aed8.png

The translation seems to be correct here. Also, this isn't even the only detail that implies this, the fact that the Saints can enter or fight in Chronos Labyrinth and Tartartus at all without having awakened the 8th sense does as well.
Yes, literally the Tartaros is part of the world of the dead and even Odysseus says that if someone falls into the Tartaros down the shaft in the depths of the Sanctuary they can never return (just like when entering the Underworld), although the Tartaros is only described as a prison, so it is only like a special prison of Hades in the world of the dead.

Last edited:
Next Dimension - Chapter 104 (RAW)

It is interesting to see how Papillon's technique works and how it literally sends you to the world of the dead, as it takes the opponent to the Yomotsu and throws him directly into the hole leading to the Underworld, which is an absolute death for Kurumada.

Next Dimension - Chapter 104 (RAW)

It is interesting to see how Papillon's technique works and how it literally sends you to the world of the dead, as it takes the opponent to the Yomotsu and throws him directly into the hole leading to the Underworld, which is an absolute death for Kurumada.

I liked this bald character in Saint Seiya, he's very funny and makes me laugh all the time, he could have stayed handsome and chose to refuse, it's good to know that he's still working and still helping or crying with fear lol

Back